Relics and their bonuses in PVP

I can't seem to find the following info:

Do Relic bonuses (+1 to rank) work in instanced PvP IF you have less than 3 ranks already?

i.e. If I have 1/3 in a certain rank and a relic gives me +1, putting me at 2/3.

Do I have 1/3 in instanced PvP or 2/3?

tyvm in advance!

relics are turned off. if u have 1/3 in ur rank without relic and 2/3 with, u will have 1/3 in arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they work in skirmishes, random battleground, dalaran underbelly and in duels but not in rated arena/rated battleground.
    I remember reading holinka says something like that but I'm not 100% sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    relics are turned off. if u have 1/3 in ur rank without relic and 2/3 with, u will have 1/3 in arena.
    What about the ilevel pump?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I don't think the relic ilevel bump applies in instanced PvP either. I mean, you would get your very minor stat boost based on your ilevel but you won't deal drastically more damage for having a higher ilevel weapon.

I believe relics only work in duels/wpvp, but in any type of instance PvP (casual or rated) they are turned off, 99.99% positive.

The additional iLevel from Relics always applies (even in instanced PvP). The extra trait ranks do not apply in instanced PvP. They do apply everywhere else.

That simple.

Deleted
    They don't work in any instanced pvp, rated or unrated.

Next time you enter a BG, open up your artifact trait screen and mouseover one of your traits that a relic provides an extra point in and you will see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Legion PvP Guide on this page: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gion-PvP-Guide

- on top of the 34 points (the passive dmg/heal bonus u get from spending >34 points is inactive in instanced PvP) to spend on your Artifact talents/traits, you can enhance your Artifact Weapon with 3 Artifact Relics
    - these Artifact Relics work like gems that can be socketed into your Artifact Weapon
    - each Artifact Relic increases the ilvl of your Artifact Weapon (hence increasing your overall ilvl) and adds another rank to one of your Artifact talents/traits (the added rank is not active in instanced PvP)
    - any kind of instanced PvP has a chance to award you with an Artifact Relic (ilvl 805-880) (you also get them from PvE activities)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Legion PvP Guide on this page: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gion-PvP-Guide

- on top of the 34 points (the passive dmg/heal bonus u get from spending >34 points is inactive in instanced PvP) to spend on your Artifact talents/traits, you can enhance your Artifact Weapon with 3 Artifact Relics
    - these Artifact Relics work like gems that can be socketed into your Artifact Weapon
    - each Artifact Relic increases the ilvl of your Artifact Weapon (hence increasing your overall ilvl) and adds another rank to one of your Artifact talents/traits (the added rank is not active in instanced PvP)
    - any kind of instanced PvP has a chance to award you with an Artifact Relic (ilvl 805-880) (you also get them from PvE activities)
    I was just wondering (hoping? ) that the added would work if you don't have it maxed out normally xD

I guess that's a no, oh well.

Thanks to everyone for answering, btw

Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    I was just wondering (hoping? ) that the added would work if you don't have it maxed out normally xD

I guess that's a no, oh well.

Thanks to everyone for answering, btw
    Ya blizzard has taken a shit all over pvp in legion its terrible. Trinket bonuses - disabled. Relic bonuses - disabled. Its like why even bother wearing gear in pvp they just screw it over.