10+ Year Old Account

Question RSHAM Should I try it out?

Hey Shaman Forum!

I have the burning itch to heal again, and shaman is the only class (other than priest) I haven't raided end-game content with.
    In your un-biased opinion, other than the fact of trying something new, are Rshams competitive in heroic / mythic EN? Mythic+ Groups?
    I haven't had enough exposure to them in my groups so far this expansion to gauge them fairly, hence this post here!

Thanks for reading and any insight

(The alternative is playing resto druid, but gone are the lazy days of WOTLK where I would blanket raids with rejuv )
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

play resto shaman and go ele off spec raid groups for days

or go enhance and mythic+ group for days

sounds good to me

7+ Year Old Account
    Resto shamans are pretty good right now. Most healing specs are, to be honest, but resto shaman feels -really- balanced to me. We have good single-target and can enhance our single-target capability with riptide. We have good AoE with chain heal and healing rain. Our artifact ability is fantastic for helping people soak damage -- as an example, in heroic EN I -always- use my artifact ability on the group about to soak the charge because that extra percentage to their HP means less of the damage actually hits "real" HP.

On top of that, we have some of the best healing cooldowns in the game available to us. I've kept entire raids up by myself using ancestral guidance and healing tide totem. Maybe I'm biased but I'd put shamans at probably tied for second place for best healing right now. Druids are in the lead, and we're tied with holy priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say Resto Shamans are THE best healing spec at the moment. They provide EXCELLENT healing that only gets better as people take more damage (ala Mythic) as well as having the best utility in the game for healers (yes, I'd put them above HPallies).

I'd say R Shamans > H Pally > R Druids are the top 3 for PvE right now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I mained a resto druid for 4 years and recently switched to RSham. I don't regret my choice at all and won't be going back to Resto druid in the foreseeable future.

RDruid can pump out the HPS but Rsham has far great utility and damn....Enhance offspec is just so much fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the prompt replies! I'm leaning closer and closer.....
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget Shamans have one of the best raid utility in the game in Reincarnation. This is the best anti-fuck up ability in the game as it does not add to the brez timer, so you have a second life in case of mechanics or you mess up. No other class has this ability except for maybe Warlock (I don't know if Soulstone adds to the brez timer if it is used as a buff instead of as a brez). It can easily make the difference between boss kill and a wipe, especially if the Shaman is heals.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Don't forget Shamans have one of the best raid utility in the game in Reincarnation. This is the best anti-fuck up ability in the game as it does not add to the brez timer, so you have a second life in case of mechanics or you mess up. No other class has this ability except for maybe Warlock (I don't know if Soulstone adds to the brez timer if it is used as a buff instead of as a brez). It can easily make the difference between boss kill and a wipe, especially if the Shaman is heals.
    I thought reincarn did use up a brez count??? When did they change this because it used to?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    I thought reincarn did use up a brez count??? When did they change this because it used to?
    I asked this question a few hrs ago and they confirmed that it doesn't.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ttle-rez-right

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet, thank you!