Exclamation Addon changes in 7.1

I'm suprised nobody seems to be talking about this. For those that havn't seen they're breaking positional addons (so stuff like kormroc positions / wrought chaos won't work but neither will stuff like the range radar) AND basicaly EnemyGrid (i belive technicaly they're removing the ability to mouseover / interact with a nameplates via a UI element , you have to actualy well... mouseover the the nameplate).

Toughts on this? I get the ammount of addon hand holding got a little.... sily toward the end of HFC half (and the hardest) parts of archimonde mythic got made trivial via addons and they've made an effort to telegraph stuff like the explosive raidus of debuff, but what about untelegraphed stuff, more specificaly untelegraphed stuff IN A ROOM THAT'S A WHITE FEATURELESS BACKGROUND. I'm refering to the Xavius Lurkers here, those things that instantly pop out of the ground and deal dmg within 8yds.... more to the point mythic archimode's Shackles. 30yd range of instant death... "ow you eyeballed it wrong by half a yard? well you get to chew gravel then! enjoy."

Also nameplates.... i'd be fine if we could actualy keep the whole taking nameplates around you and adding them into a nice little list without the ability to interact with them for traking's sake but the current tab targeting is ... "special" and most WA can realy do is tell you the AMOUNT of dots you have out without associating them to a specific target. Depends how it'll turn out, if we can keep the nice ordered list of "stuff were in combat with" with an indicator of wether it's the current target or not and dots / buffs they have applied... eh fine. If the list is going away well... "angry" is a word... a highly highly inadequate word....

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Yes tho i'd thought i'd post it here in the hopes of discusing the implications of the change not the technical side of it. Also for publicity's sake

People actually have to learn to use their eyes now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    People actually have to learn to use their eyes now
    Ah the good old days in TBC when there were a small handful of addons. Now you have addons to trigger other addons that alert other addons for when you have to mash 1 and spam heal lol.