Much like POTD they'll likely expand the Squadron stuff over time to be more engaging. I'm hoping we get access to some of the emotes that our Squadron members use personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Hardly hung up on the pun bit, that was me being cheeky.

What I am hung up on, however, is this claim that they are a shitty localization team, and your reasons behind that appearing to be that they don't do direct translation enough.

I've provided my thoughts on that (which you pretty much told me to fuck off on with that arrogant dismissal), as well as linked to the explanation of why they do it the way that they do given by the head of the localization team, which also happened to disprove some of your claims about it being changed from the Japanese version "for reasons."

In case you missed it, it largely comes down to either it was named in English first, and there's a lot of that in this game, or the teams worked together, including talking with the Japanese story writers about intent and other such important things, so that the end result in each language carries the same overall meaning while also being better customized to the language of that version.

I mean sure, for English they could call Adloquium "Encouragement Plan" or a more literal "Plan of Drum-Dance-Extreme-Encouragement" but in the end they all mean the same thing. And honestly, with how important kanji and other nuances in the Japanese language can be toward meanings, doing a direct translation is a goddamn disservice. Far better to search for an English version that leads to the same overall impression than try and make sure the English is a direct translation, in both item/spell names and in elements of the story.

And as for story elements, except for Haurchefant's issues midway through the 2.x series, I think the differences are entirely overblown (the Midgardsormr thing, for example, isn't nearly as different as people make it out to be).
    Since you keep boiling it down to being names in English, why I noted Kanji is because all the EN > JP names are written in Katakana, I don't know how much you understand Japanese if at all, but there are very obvious things when it comes to EN to JP, and I can tell you that they're not all like that.

That said, the issue IS the overall impression is different when you start changing shit like this. That's the issue. When you add meaningless references or jokes to things then it loses track of it. Seriously, I like bringing this up cause it's the most absurd, but The Vault, what idiot thought it'd be a good idea to call it something completely different to every other language translation. I never even said to have a literal translation, but seriously, learn Japanese and you'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Much like POTD they'll likely expand the Squadron stuff over time to be more engaging. I'm hoping we get access to some of the emotes that our Squadron members use personally.
    I would not be surprised if this is the start of the FFXIV version of FFXI's trust system.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    It's pretty much just a hole to throw GC Seals in at this point so you can increase your rank for...some way overpriced seal gear. But I imagine eventually they'll add some other items available for seals that might be valuable, further ranks to the GC...and maybe, maybe something to do with your squadron besides bitch about what a waste of time they tend to be.
    They have a far better GC seal dump already: The new crafting recipes, which use craploads of mats that are only purchasable with GC seals.

The whole thing seems a bit rushed if all it ends up being (currently) is the path to unlock a new GC rank for a couple glamour items and the seal cap increase. Yes, I'm being a hypocrite in that I'm bitching about something yet doing it anyway (namely for the seal cap increase). Doesn't mean it's a great idea/implementation.

15+ Year Old Account
    They did say it was barebones for now and will be adding more to it later.

Raid Finder just gave me an aneurysm. Similar BLM story to my Alex savage one. Went in Sophia and another BLM was spamming shitty spells, no enochian or grade 4 stuff -,-. He actually used Freeze on the adds. We kept wiping the add phase. Apparently because I called him out on it I'm harassing him with ACT and I'm gonna get banned. I don't even use the fucking thing I was literally looking at the party box in the top left with a swift glance and not once did I see a 4 spell. Urgh rant over I'm gonna go and hunt some Lalafells for my home.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-05 at 09:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bah - another night behind; 2 WHM, 2 AST and 1 NIN Sophia weapons.

We are getting soooo many DPS improvements when our DPS are running around with 235/240 weapons, while both healers are sitting with 255 and boss keeps dropping even more healer weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berethos08 View Post
    Your typing speed has exactly fuck all to do with that.
    Don'T act like a moron please. You do know what I mean. Proper translations are much easier to communicate with than using some dropdown menu to create sentences piece by piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Bah - another night behind; 2 WHM, 2 AST and 1 NIN Sophia weapons.

We are getting soooo many DPS improvements when our DPS are running around with 235/240 weapons, while both healers are sitting with 255 and boss keeps dropping even more healer weapons.
    At least you get Sophia runs done . Oh and a good off note. I checked out this BLMS character. He has fucking Mind, Strength and Parry melds as a Black Mage. -,-. Oh and little bonus his rings are aiming/fending and a healing bracelet. Like why?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-05 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    At least you get Sophia runs done
    Mmhm, true - 4 kills more and I can buy that weapon.

My AST already has Sophia weapon, and it's not even 60 yet, (level 57).

Mmhm, true - 4 kills more and I can buy that weapon.

My AST already has Sophia weapon, and it's not even 60 yet, (level 57).
    Well hopefully I'll start getting raid finders that don't have BLMS with fending/aiming rings, healing bracelets, shitty melds and cannot even play their class eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well hopefully I'll start getting raid finders that don't have BLMS with fending/aiming rings, healing bracelets, shitty melds and cannot even play their class eh?
    Outside of trying to get last member for team, haven't used Raid Finder - even that ended up in cancellation since nobody showed up, so just used Party Finder and got one almost instantly.

Outside of trying to get last member for team, haven't used Raid Finder - even that ended up in cancellation since nobody showed up, so just used Party Finder and got one almost instantly.
    Meh I'm just chalking this one up to that occasional player who gives you an aneurysm

Havent played since the relaunch im worried ill be so far behind everyone else. Any tips if i decide to come back?(It was right when DRK came out...i was sad it wasnt a dps)

Quote Originally Posted by Rawfury View Post
    Havent played since the relaunch im worried ill be so far behind everyone else. Any tips if i decide to come back?(It was right when DRK came out...i was sad it wasnt a dps)
    Just take it easy. Find what you enjoy, give classes a try and get your bearings. Don't worry about being far behind.

Got POTD hairstyle from what, the 4th bronze-trimmed sack. Gave it away 1 minute before I saw someone was selling one for 5 million gil...

...Well, the money doesn't matter to me, but it seems like a relatively rare drop

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    They have a far better GC seal dump already: The new crafting recipes, which use craploads of mats that are only purchasable with GC seals.

The whole thing seems a bit rushed if all it ends up being (currently) is the path to unlock a new GC rank for a couple glamour items and the seal cap increase. Yes, I'm being a hypocrite in that I'm bitching about something yet doing it anyway (namely for the seal cap increase). Doesn't mean it's a great idea/implementation.
    I'm doing it too, but I'm taking a very fuck-off attitude towards it. Mostly focusing on training for XP and tossing them at any mission they're guaranteed to do, then whatever they have a chance at that gives the highest XP return. I'll bother fiddling with their build when it comes time for another rank-up. Meanwhile I really DGAF what their stats are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like why?
    Because he can. :<

I managed to get the required stats needed for the level 20 rank up mission so now it's just a matter of waiting until the mission finishes. I haven't yet encountered any recruits that I'm super enthusiastic about but hopefully I'll get at least one that I like sometime soon.

Wow just did palace of the dead with a husband/wife duo and fuck me they get sensitive if you try and have a joke with them. Literally said to his THM wife "I shall teach you the ways of the mighty ice mage" and I was told to "shut the fuck up and stop being offensive". Logic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Because he can. :<
    Because he can doesn't mean he actually should
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-10-06 at 12:20 PM.