Kosumoth the 4th week.

Ok, so I made a thread a couple weeks ago asking why I got the petr for 2 weeks in a row from the Kosumoth WQ. The answers seemed to say it rotates every 2 weeks. Now, 4 weeks in I have only seen the pet as the reward. Rarity tells me the mount is a drop, this site says the mount is a quest reward, any one have further insight?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Ok, so I made a thread a couple weeks a go asking why I got the petr for 2 weeks in a row from the Kosumoth WQ. The answers seemed to say it rotates every 2 weeks. Now, 4 weeks in I have only seen the pet as the reward. Rarity tells me the mount is a drop this site says the mount is a quest reward, any one have further insight?
    I had the mount the first week and second week was the pet.. I thought it was normal like that.

Ok, so I made a thread a couple weeks ago asking why I got the petr for 2 weeks in a row from the Kosumoth WQ. The answers seemed to say it rotates every 2 weeks. Now, 4 weeks in I have only seen the pet as the reward. Rarity tells me the mount is a drop, this site says the mount is a quest reward, any one have further insight?
    Rarity is wrong. The mount comes from the WQ, we know that because EU has had the mount each reset (not sure about this time) instead of the pet. The prevailing theory was that it was a 50/50 chance every 2 weeks to choose between the pet and mount and US has just been unlucky and gotten the pet each time, but if EU isn't changing either, then there is probably some sort of issue preventing it from changing.

Note that the world quest is always up for 2 weeks, so in your 4 weeks it only switched twice, not 4 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tural View Post
    Rarity is wrong. The mount comes from the WQ, we know that because EU has had the mount each reset ...
    I'm playing on EU and I got the pet last id.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Note that the world quest is always up for 2 weeks, so in your 4 weeks it only switched twice, not 4 times.
    This has not been my experience, exactly.

The world quest pops again for me 1 week after I kill Kosumoth. The quest EXPIRES in two weeks, so if you don't kill him, you have to wait two weeks to see a fresh quest with (possibly) the other reward.

But if I kill him, the quest reappears in 1 week. That is how so many of us have got 4 copies of the pet now.

TL;DR: Kill him as soon as the quest appears, wait a week, kill him again. That way you get 4 quests per four weeks instead of just 2 quests.

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    This has not been my experience, exactly.

The world quest pops again for me 1 week after I kill Kosumoth. The quest EXPIRES in two weeks, so if you don't kill him, you have to wait two weeks to see a fresh quest with (possibly) the other reward.

But if I kill him, the quest reappears in 1 week. That is how so many of us have got 4 copies of the pet now.

TL;DR: Kill him as soon as the quest appears, wait a week, kill him again. That way you get 4 quests per four weeks instead of just 2 quests.
    This has been my experience as well. Pops today, kill him today, next week new quest. This is, likewise, my 4th pet.

This is not what happened for me on EU. Killed him for mount the first week, second week nothing, third week killed for pet, fourth week (this week), nothing spawned.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    This is not what happened for me on EU. Killed him for mount the first week, second week nothing, third week killed for pet, fourth week (this week), nothing spawned.
    This has been my experience (US servers) too.

I completed the long orb chain, and did the WQ for the first time, on Friday last week. After this week's reset, I've checked the Eye of Azshara map a few times, and there's no sign of a refreshed WQ yet.

The quest takes 14 days to reset. US hasn't had the mount yet, for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tural View Post
    Rarity is wrong. The mount comes from the WQ, we know that because EU has had the mount each reset (not sure about this time) instead of the pet. The prevailing theory was that it was a 50/50 chance every 2 weeks to choose between the pet and mount and US has just been unlucky and gotten the pet each time, but if EU isn't changing either, then there is probably some sort of issue preventing it from changing.

Edit:

Nm I think the person I was talking to was EU just didn't realize.
    Last edited by purebalance; 2016-10-05 at 10:25 PM.

3+ ish weeks ago I did the orb thing to activate his WQ. As soon as I had done the orb thing, the WQ showed up, the reward for completing it was the mount. Following week no WQ was there, I had a look around and was being told the WQ for him shows up every 2 weeks, so the next week, he showed up as a WQ again, and this time the reward being offered was the pet. EU here, so the rewards are definitely shifting, but possibly like most things its random as to what. So just gotta keep hoping?

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    3+ ish weeks ago I did the orb thing to activate his WQ. As soon as I had done the orb thing, the WQ showed up, the reward for completing it was the mount. Following week no WQ was there, I had a look around and was being told the WQ for him shows up every 2 weeks, so the next week, he showed up as a WQ again, and this time the reward being offered was the pet. EU here, so the rewards are definitely shifting, but possibly like most things its random as to what. So just gotta keep hoping?
    This is interesting to me. As it is the opposite of my experience. First week I did it, pet, the day after the following reset, quest pop and pet. Every week on the day after reset the quest is there for me, rewarding the pet, 4 weeks running now.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is interesting to me. As it is the opposite of my experience. First week I did it, pet, the day after the following reset, quest pop and pet. Every week on the day after reset the quest is there for me, rewarding the pet, 4 weeks running now.
    It's either bugged for some of us and popping weekly (as long as we kill it) or some of the folks reporting otherwise don't quite understand what we're describing, or are not killing him immediately the day he spawns perhaps.

But I have definitely had 4 quest kills, and sold the extra 3 pets...

It's either bugged for some of us and popping weekly (as long as we kill it) or some of the folks reporting otherwise don't quite understand what we're describing, or are not killing him immediately the day he spawns perhaps.

But I have definitely had 4 quest kills, and sold the extra 3 pets...
    Same, I'v been giving the pets to buddies but, same.

Anybody US who was lucky enough to get the quest week 1 saw the mount. The following Tuesday (week 2) was the pet and would remain that for 14 days (whether you got the quest more than once or not). On 10/27, the quest renewed itself again, and rolled to reward the pet once more (I personally now have 2). Next Tuesday, it is due to pop again, with a chance to roll as either the pet or the mount. There has yet to be a determination of what % chance there is for either, but even with 50/50, we are just as likely to get the pet once again next Tuesday as we are the mount.

Hope that helps. Blue posts from last week that I'm not going to bother finding state this as well.