Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Resto Shaman raiding stats AP etc

Not a whole lot of info regarding resto shamans, no discussion or anything. So trying to find whats accurate and whats not wasn't the easiest.
    Lots of different routes for artifact points and stat prios when stalking people on armory and wowprogress.

1. What is the general stat prio for raiding? (I see some going crit, some mastery)

2. Where can I find a somewhat decent artifact route? (Most seems to go either left or right, then straight for the middle healing tide talent)

3. Seeing as most people use Unleash Life, just use it on chain heal? As according the the tooltip, healing rain doesnt work anymore.

4. If I want to read up on anything besides^ about resto shaman, any somewhat reliable and accurate site?

This is regarding mythic raiding (for artifact points and stat prio) and to some extent, heroic as well.

Thanks

Check out the chainheal website found here: https://chainheal.com/

I'd also suggest taking a wander over to the shaman discord and their resto section. https://goo.gl/TacuSF

Both those areas contain accurate, up-to-date information and if you're looking for something (although chainheal doesn't have anything very recent, but that's due to the writers being/have been busy with mythic progress, will get updates once they have time) and not finding it you can always ask someone in either of those places, usually someone is around to answer for you.

The path over on wowhead is accurate, although I know people have chosen different paths as well. http://www.wowhead.com/guides/classe...storation/gear
    Last edited by Malcanthet; 2016-10-04 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    1. I've been personally doing Mastery > Crit > Haste > Versa and I'm 1/7M with my guild.

2. I went first for Tidal Pools, most guides prefer the Queen's Decree route first. It didn't really matter though, as I unlocked both before EN opened. Queen's decree will probably increase your healing more + the traits going there are a little bit stronger than the Tidal Pools route.

3. Why do you think most people are using Unleash Life? It's the worst talent from first row. Undulation and Torrent are pretty close together and every mythic raider I've seen is picking between those. (I'm using Torrent)

4. I don't know if Chainheal is being active anymore, seems like after launch it's been quite inactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizraim View Post
    4. I don't know if Chainheal is being active anymore, seems like after launch it's been quite inactive.
    It is (just not so much at the moment) it's been stated that there will be information up once things have calmed down for the writers progress wise. You still get people asking questions and getting answers, however I'd agree that it's not super active and the shaman discord would probably be your best bet if you have specific questions.

I run a mastery and mix between haste and crit
    I typicslly try to keep over 20% crit and 10% haste.
    I have 107 mastery.

Went with queen and then tidal pools and working on my inner talents now.

7+ Year Old Account
    3. Why do you think most people are using Unleash Life? It's the worst talent from first row. Undulation and Torrent are pretty close together and every mythic raider I've seen is picking between those. (I'm using Torrent)
    Yeah I've seen little argument for UL. I think Undulation generally gives more output, but torrent is pretty handy in certain situations.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Thanks for all the helpful info yall.

As to why I think people use Unleash Life more than undulation/torrent for raids is simply cause of warcraft logs. I would say it's about 50/50 for using torrent and unleash life. Didn't really see a single person using undulation, which was expected as it seems kinda meh. Unless you're forced to tank heal in a small heroic group.

PS: All of the warcraft logs that I checked were for mythic emerald nightmare.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavin View Post
    Thanks for all the helpful info yall.

As to why I think people use Unleash Life more than undulation/torrent for raids is simply cause of warcraft logs. I would say it's about 50/50 for using torrent and unleash life. Didn't really see a single person using undulation, which was expected as it seems kinda meh. Unless you're forced to tank heal in a small heroic group.

PS: All of the warcraft logs that I checked were for mythic emerald nightmare.
    I don't know what part you looked at, but when I look at the top ranks for each fight I pretty much see majority torrent with a few undulations spread around. The only fight I see people preferring UL is Ursoc.

Retired Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    Yeah I've seen little argument for UL. I think Undulation generally gives more output, but torrent is pretty handy in certain situations.
    UL is better if you're really stretched for mana. Torrent is more HPS in AoE intensive fights, but less HPM. Atm there really isn't any fight except maybe Cenarius that is remotely challenging for mana?

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what part you looked at, but when I look at the top ranks for each fight I pretty much see majority torrent with a few undulations spread around. The only fight I see people preferring UL is Ursoc.
    I also don't see how top healing ranks are relevant unless that specific parse involved dropping a healer compared to the next rank in line. The majority of the high-hps parses come from a player leeching hps from the bad healers, not necessarily running a more optimal composition.

Case in point: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=healing

The top resto shaman HPS parse for Mythic Nythendra was accomplished with an extra healer. The other healers were obviously very bad and the extra one was unnecessary. Their raid took 463m dmg, whereas my guild's first kill only took 408m.

Someone getting a high hps parse doesn't mean they are doing something better; in many cases it actually just means their guild is doing something wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I also don't see how top healing ranks are relevant unless that specific parse involved dropping a healer compared to the next rank in line. The majority of the high-hps parses come from a player leeching hps from the bad healers, not necessarily running a more optimal composition.

Case in point: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=healing

The top resto shaman HPS parse for Mythic Nythendra was accomplished with an extra healer. The other healers were obviously very bad and the extra one was unnecessary. Their raid took 463m dmg, whereas my guild's first kill only took 408m.

Someone getting a high hps parse doesn't mean they are doing something better; in many cases it actually just means their guild is doing something wrong.
    Quick question. If their HPS isn't something we should judge, what reasoning do you have for calling the other healers "very bad"?

Retired Shaman

7+ Year Old Account
    Quick question. If their HPS isn't something we should judge, what reasoning do you have for calling the other healers "very bad"?
    It's not that you "don't judge" them, but things need to be kept in context. In the grand scheme, the healing setup which results in everyone remaining alive and pumping out the most damage (note: also healer damage) is the most successful. In that specific scenario you could examine talent choices, hps, etc.

In the scenario where a group runs an extra healer, and some of those healers are *far* behind the healing output of the top healer, it's not exactly something one should look up to and say "wow, I should copy this guy!"

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not that you "don't judge" them, but things need to be kept in context. In the grand scheme, the healing setup which results in everyone remaining alive and pumping out the most damage (note: also healer damage) is the most successful. In that specific scenario you could examine talent choices, hps, etc.
    On the note of talent choices, how do you decide "this guy would be doing better if he went x talent"? As this thread shows, there are varying opinions.

In the scenario where a group runs an extra healer, and some of those healers are *far* behind the healing output of the top healer, it's not exactly something one should look up to and say "wow, I should copy this guy!"
    Although I agree the holy priest isn't doing much on the charts, the disc and the hpal are doing large amounts of damage so it only makes sense that they're "behind". The reason I look at top ranks is because there is more to it than "this one guy got lucky". If the top 100 ranks are 90% the same talents, then odds are that talent build is stronger. There is no perfect scenario when each healer is equal in skill and no dps take extra damage, so seeing which build can put out those kinds of numbers when it needs to is important to me.

Retired Shaman

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    UL is better if you're really stretched for mana. Torrent is more HPS in AoE intensive fights, but less HPM. Atm there really isn't any fight except maybe Cenarius that is remotely challenging for mana?
    Euh, have you tried 3-healing mythic Ursoc? From experience I can tell you that I go oom in that fight while still channeling a full leytorrent potion and using my Spider trinket twice and I was still oom the last 5% of the fight. I used torrent for that though.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Euh, have you tried 3-healing mythic Ursoc? From experience I can tell you that I go oom in that fight while still channeling a full leytorrent potion and using my Spider trinket twice and I was still oom the last 5% of the fight. I used torrent for that though.
    Didn't 3 heal it, so I don't know how it is on that fight. I was unsure about it, hence the ?

Anyways, according to TigerTiddles, many shamans take UL for that fight anyways, so there you go.

Deleted
    Didn't 3 heal it, so I don't know how it is on that fight. I was unsure about it, hence the ?

Anyways, according to TigerTiddles, many shamans take UL for that fight anyways, so there you go.
    Going undulation on that fight is insanely bad, considering you cast maybe ~10 single target heals across the fight, the only thing you do is totems, chainheal, healing rain & riptide

Going undulation on that fight is insanely bad, considering you cast maybe ~10 single target heals across the fight, the only thing you do is totems, chainheal, healing rain & riptide
    UL is Unleashed Life, not Undulation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dalsand View Post
    UL is Unleashed Life, not Undulation.
    My bad, both are useless on that fight though so my point still stands

My bad, both are useless on that fight though so my point still stands
    Why is it useless if all the top parses use it?

Deleted
    Why is it useless if all the top parses use it?
    I am a 96% parse on that fight (check daisyx @ sylvanas) with torrent, but it's diabled atm so can't check for you
    Last edited by mmoc877bd117d6; 2016-10-06 at 08:52 PM.