Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakainen View Post
    It'd be nice if they made all the various rep tokens you can get BoA since they're useless once you're exalted and you still keep getting them(Nightfallen from withered training for example).
    Yeah, that would be amazing, and because of that will never happen.

Also, something I thought would be cool while we're on the subject of being exalted, is if the emissary quests would change, once you're exalted with that particular faction, to be similar to the Kirin Tor emissary quest, where you get to choose any reputation token. So once you get exalted with Nightfallen the Nightfallen emissary quest would allow you to choose a reputation token for another faction, instead of you blowing the 1500 reputation completely. Having said that, I don't think the reputation tokens should be as good as the Kirin Tor emissary quest gives (1500), but rather something like 250. Or even as low as 100.

But, again, that'd be cool as well, so it's not going to happen.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-10-06 at 01:37 AM.

Would love ak to be account wide, but that's not gonna happen. Only just getting my alt to 110 now, paying for my lackness with my low ak!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Would love ak to be account wide
    Yeah...that would require this to be an alt-friendly expansion, which it is not.

Didn't they just say a few weeks (days?) ago that they weren't going to do this because they wanted players to progress each character individually? At least there's some hope that they're actually listening to players if they really do go through with this change.

So, you get to unlock the Arcway and Court of Stars to your alts immediately after hitting 110, so you can use the LFG tool only to be declined / kicked out of groups because you don't have ilvl 850, instead of having to do the questlines and grind the reputation? That's great.
    Right?! If only there was like, some sort of way to create your own group with like guild members or friends that could probably carry you through the dungeon. If only...

10+ Year Old Account
    Artifact power should be at a bare-minimum a shared pool used by all specs... I.e. you have 500 artifact power you can invest 500 in feral, you go and get your guardian weapon you can put 500 in that one, you switch to resto and you can put 500 in that one.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jettzypher View Post
    Right?! If only there was like, some sort of way to create your own group with like guild members or friends that could probably carry you through the dungeon. If only...
    Yeah I suppose you can try and twist what I said and make it about "being carried", when an ilvl requirement of 850 is completely moronic for mythics yet it seems to happen quite often.

Fair point with "friends and guild members", but...the problem there is, though, that only a couple of my friends play the game - not enough to run a group with, and random guilds have people who just simply aren't worth the effort of socializing with. Who is going to start finding a new guild after 12 years of playing this game just because some dumbass developer decided to add dungeons you can't run using the dungeon finder. Nobody.

I'm sure people would be laughing if they saw the % of people who are actually running mythic dungeons compared to the people who use the dungeon finder. But, as I've said so often, the name of the game seems to be a return to elitism in WoW; cater to the very few and screw the majority. Quests and achievements that can't be done in the dungeon finder, or in LFR. So awesome.

Also, since this is about alts, I suppose I should just find a guild and ask if I can join it with all of my 12 characters so I can run mythics. I'm sure all guilds would be happy to take someone's 12 alts immediately. Right?

Having said all that, I wouldn't care about mythics gearwise at all, but the fact that there's a ton of quests that require mythics, as well as crafting recipes, is just kind of annoying. Crafting recipes would be fine if they were like, rank 3, but engineering 815 helmets require a mythic run just for rank 1. And, as far as alts go, really shitty.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-10-06 at 02:10 AM.

So can I get my heirlooms to 110 yet?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TMK View Post
    So can I get my heirlooms to 110 yet?!
    This, plus heirlooms for missing slots; gloves, belt, boots, bracers, each with at least +5% XP.

Is this actually that big of a change though? Yeah you're probably gonna save a couple hours but afaik to unlock the Suramar WQs that take place inside the city (and the Withered Army training) you still have to progress a bit on the storyline.

If you don't do any of the storylines, you still miss out on a lot of Suramar WQs.

The change about dungeons is decent though yeah.

See? Players whine incessantly, and Blizzard *does* listen!

Quote Originally Posted by Khadys View Post
    I wouldn't be mad if they somehow buffed off-spec artifact power.. Although that may make the game "too easy".
    It already is buffed indirectly, since you can keep it behind a few levels and as your AK grows, you can funnel AP to your offspec and keep it relatively caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    Artifact power should be at a bare-minimum a shared pool used by all specs... I.e. you have 500 artifact power you can invest 500 in feral, you go and get your guardian weapon you can put 500 in that one, you switch to resto and you can put 500 in that one.
    You're exactly right. The sooner most players start bitching that there's nothing to do, the better!

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah I suppose you can try and twist what I said and make it about "being carried", when an ilvl requirement of 850 is completely moronic for mythics yet it seems to happen quite often.

Fair point with "friends and guild members", but...the problem there is, though, that only a couple of my friends play the game - not enough to run a group with, and random guilds have people who just simply aren't worth the effort of socializing with. Who is going to start finding a new guild after 12 years of playing this game just because some dumbass developer decided to add dungeons you can't run using the dungeon finder. Nobody.

I'm sure people would be laughing if they saw the % of people who are actually running mythic dungeons compared to the people who use the dungeon finder. But, as I've said so often, the name of the game seems to be a return to elitism in WoW; cater to the very few and screw the majority. Quests and achievements that can't be done in the dungeon finder, or in LFR. So awesome.

Also, since this is about alts, I suppose I should just find a guild and ask if I can join it with all of my 12 characters so I can run mythics. I'm sure all guilds would be happy to take someone's 12 alts immediately. Right?

Having said all that, I wouldn't care about mythics gearwise at all, but the fact that there's a ton of quests that require mythics, as well as crafting recipes, is just kind of annoying. Crafting recipes would be fine if they were like, rank 3, but engineering 815 helmets require a mythic run just for rank 1. And, as far as alts go, really shitty.
    I see this argument all the time, and there really isn't anything to discuss. If the majority of groups require Ilvl 850 to join, that means there are a lot of people just like you who are left out of these groups as well. This means, all you need to do is form a group yourself, without the unnecessary requirements. This is what I have done, and have had no problems. If for some reason you are unwilling to put in the effort to form your own group, you can't really be upset about what the people who do put in the effort to make a group require in order for people to join.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    So, you get to unlock the Arcway and Court of Stars to your alts immediately after hitting 110, so you can use the LFG tool only to be declined / kicked out of groups because you don't have ilvl 850, instead of having to do the questlines and grind the reputation? That's great.

I suppose unlocking world quests immediately is a decent move though.
    If that is your only option.
    Guild/friend groups will benefit a lot from that.
    The player issue isn't something blizzard can really solve without some significant reduction in the information players can obtain about another.

I have said that the issue was more the content gating, and that is exactly what blizzard are addressing here.
    So much for the "blizzard aren't listening" argument.
    Some things they stubbornly choose to stick with, but this one where they do see the arguments being made.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like them getting rid of attunements again immediately in their first major patch. Why is this such a big problem that it needs to get changed. It gave people stuff to do and something to look forward to.

The rep change also seems kind of inane. After dinging at 110 it takes maybe an hour or two of play time to get the rest of your reps to friendly, were people really complaining about this?

Already I've seen much better suggestions for some quality of life changes like making rep tokens BoA.
    Blizz shouldn't be so afraid of making players do some stuff to unlock more content. It gives the game substance. If we were to continue this line of thinking, we'd next be able to just train all recipes up to and including rank 3 at the local trainers, making all those amazing quest lines to unlock them obsolete.

The 3rd artifact slot is behind days of gated content for all of my alts, but I'm not complaining. So what if it takes me a week and a half to unlock because now I can't take a week off work every time I max ding an alt like I did at launch. It's an MMO. Having to work towards something is a good thing dammit.

Great change. Should be hotfixed in.

I was just thinking last night that WQ should be opened on alts after doing it once, so that's great. I wish it was coming sooner.

Other things I'd like to see for alts / OS:
    When you spend AP in your main spec, 10-15% applied to your OS weapons as well (although scaling to the next point needed so you wouldn't obtain a ridiculous amount when points cost 100,000 and you start on a new spec)
    AP Bonus to alts - you get increased levels of AP on your alts depending on what your highest level of AK on your account is. Not the full amount of increase as your main. In addition to the current catch-up method. But I feel that needs to be faster, still.

The dungeon unlock is nice, but the second is useless since you can get it during the first hour of playing @110.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    The dungeon unlock is nice, but the second is useless since you can get it during the first hour of playing @110.
    Not if you level through PvP or grinding.