Poll: Answer below.

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Data isn't "authority".
    You are not using any data though. You're just saying "FBI" & "DOJ".

Better than many, worse than some, better than we were, plenty still to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Which isn't an appeal to authority. It's just the source of the data. You really need to understand what fallacies are before trying to use them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, you jumped straight to race, I was initially thinking about women, but sure why don't we go to race.
    How are women discriminated against in law?

Some states you can be fired for being gay (most last I checked) some states you can't be. But all are treated fair and justly...
    Theres also a few laws in states where its legal to discriminate someone for being gay. [Not sexuality in general, specifically being -gay-]
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Whoops View Post
    OP clearly said social discrimination included.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    https://ucr.fbi.gov/hate-crime/2012/.../victims_final

10+ Year Old Account
    Pick pretty much any attempt to attack women's rights by attacking abortion rights, if you want a really solid example. If you want to just stick to law, which wasn't the scope set in the thread.

Sadly this is one of those unattainable things. There will always be injustice just as there will always be people who desire to have more than others. This is basically the fight that will never end. All that can be done is to learn to live with it and maybe try to reduce the more obvious cases which do need some changes made.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which isn't an appeal to authority. It's just the source of the data. You really need to understand what fallacies are before trying to use them.
    False authority fallacy then. Whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Pick pretty much any attempt to attack women's rights by attacking abortion rights, if you want a really solid example. If you want to just stick to law, which wasn't the scope set in the thread.
    Certain people's attempts to curtail abortion rights aren't motivated by any hate towards women, they're motivated by the perceived notion that fetuses are fully fledged lives.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't vote in your poll because I don't have a political party affiliation. Thanks for thinking the only people in the world are Democrats and Republicans.

One thing's for certain, your poll doesn't reflect equality.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Your description is way too broad to say yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I think this is a flawed question. Lots of people in America get shit on or shit on others, but that's not an America problem... it's a life problem; problems with individuals. Everyone, everywhere has to deal with it. Life isn't fair.
    This one.

That goes for all the groups saying they get "shit" on too, such as "young black Americans". You know who the cops were shooting before they supposedly starting shooting "black people"? ~ Everyone else. ~

Suuch is life, everyone gets shitted on, few complain about it, even fewer get it changed, even fewer get it better.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    This one.

That goes for all the groups saying they get "shit" on too, such as "young black Americans". You know who the cops were shooting before they supposedly starting shooting "black people"? ~ Everyone else. ~

Suuch is life, everyone gets shitted on, few complain about it, even fewer get it changed, even fewer get it better.
    66% of victims of hate crime in America are Blacks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    66% of victims of hate crime in America are Blacks.
    Gonna link source for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    This one.

Policing in America resulted directly from slave patrols, so police have ALWAYS been designed to fuck with black people. Was less than a generation ago that state employees participated in lynchings, FBI data shows that white supremacists have joined the police force in droves, the arrest and crime statistics show disproportionate enforcement especially when it comes to drugs.

The idea that society is fucked up by accident is a dangerous one, racism, sexism, classism, they are built into a society as it is crafted intentionally, and only recognizing that fact and confronting it can change anything.

There are really only two options, either you recognize society is flawed, and want to change it, or you intentionally ignore that society is flawed because those flaws benefit you in some manner.

Gonna link source for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It's almost like they already did.

Equally and fairly? No.
    We have to many "protected classes". As soon as you claim a class of people need protection/special treatment, they are no longer equal nor are the others treated fairly.

Also your poll is incomplete. I'm not a Democrat or Republican.

How can I vote if I'm neither a Dem or a Repub?