Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Destro BiS trinket... I'm screwed for a couple of months now?

Alright, so according to Simcraft, Destruction's BiS trinket is dropped by Withered J'im, this week's world boss. I killed him at the start of the week and rerolled, but only got a cloak.

Unstable Arcanocrystal drops from him, though, and since world bosses rotate every week... I'm going to have to wait until he rotates back in for another shot at this trinket?

Isn't this kind of a screwy system, or am I misunderstanding something here?

Yes you'll have to wait a few months to get his trinket, which sucks because I'm in the same boat.

But look at the BiS trinkets: the difference between them is mere hundreds of DPS. The next two are obtainable from Neltharion's Lair and Darkheart Thicket which you can farm with keystone groups. If you get a Naraxas Spiked Tongue from NL, you lose maybe 800 DPS compared to a similarly leveled Arcanocrystal.

Also with 7.1 patch coming up soon enough, it's possible all this stuff changes anyway with Trial of Valor and the possibility of tweaks to our Mastery and other abilities.

In short, don't fret: BIS one day may not be BIS the next, and all the items in that range are very similar in power.

Deleted
    yep pretty much. The trinket is simply too good. Didn't get it either.

And even worse is that when you get the next chance to get the trinket it might as well not drop again.

Maybe they are going to nerf it anyways. It seems to have too many stats if I am not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
    Yes you'll have to wait a few months to get his trinket, which sucks because I'm in the same boat.

But look at the BiS trinkets: the difference between them is mere hundreds of DPS. The next two are obtainable from Neltharion's Lair and Darkheart Thicket which you can farm with keystone groups. If you get a Naraxas Spiked Tongue from NL, you lose maybe 800 DPS compared to a similarly leveled Arcanocrystal.

Also with 7.1 patch coming up soon enough, it's possible all this stuff changes anyway with Trial of Valor and the possibility of tweaks to our Mastery and other abilities.

In short, don't fret: BIS one day may not be BIS the next, and all the items in that range are very similar in power.
    Thanks for the informative post! I've had horrendously lousy RNG with trinkets. I've gotten the 850 generic Havoc trinket (Helya's), an 845 socketed Black Rook Hold laser trinket, and the 850 dark wind trinket thingy from Emerald Nightmare. All are pretty awful.

Earlier today I saw a Warlock with an 895 Arcanocrystal and 895 Spiked Tongue. Some people have all the luck.

Constructive post.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    Constructive post.
    Unironically for once, it's like a miracle.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are you screwed OP? Is your success or enjoyment in WoW based solely on this trinket or any piece of gear for that matter?
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I was fortunate to get the 860 version on Tuesday. This thing seems WAY over budget. I wouldn't be shocked if it received a nerf.

Deleted
    The whole mess around this boss crashed my game and I could not even coin for the trinket... -_-

Try again Zum. For others who have not had a roll come up most of the time it did on the next attempt.

Deleted
    It's not the end of the world, chrono shard, wq haste, oakhearts, swarming plaguehive, shock-baton, spiked tongue all work fine, the dps difference between the best and worst of those trinkets isn't something that's going to be noticeable out of 300k+ dps

But look at the BiS trinkets: the difference between them is mere hundreds of DPS. The next two are obtainable from Neltharion's Lair and Darkheart Thicket which you can farm with keystone groups.
    The big thing being that small difference is only in ST, where the arcanocrystal is simply secondaries which means it scales into any number of multi-target and gains increasing value over the dmg proc trinkets that only work in ST.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-10-06 at 03:18 PM.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Avoid that trinket like the plague. It messes with the UI / cooldown of Conflagrate.
    please elaborate. first I hear of it and I can't test it, because I don't have that trinket

Got the 870 version which was a massive upgrade, but only sec stats with no use or proc is so boring..

Ill probably exchange it for something more "on demand burst" as soon as i can.

Deleted
    When the haste buff procs, it calculates the cooldown of conflagrate based on your total haste (so with the extra 3000 or 4000 haste proc).
    But when the proc runs out again, the cooldown of conflagrate goes up again but the UI doesn't reflect the increased CD duration. So you end up spamming conf while it's actually still on cooldown, even if the UI says it's not.

I found it such an annoying bug that I was glad to replace my chronoshard (I even had the setbonus).
    Thank you for clarifying. That is definitive annoying

When the haste buff procs, it calculates the cooldown of conflagrate based on your total haste (so with the extra 3000 or 4000 haste proc).
    But when the proc runs out again, the cooldown of conflagrate goes up again but the UI doesn't reflect the increased CD duration. So you end up spamming conf while it's actually still on cooldown, even if the UI says it's not.

I found it such an annoying bug that I was glad to replace my chronoshard (I even had the setbonus).
    Have you reported this bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Scathbais View Post
    How are you screwed OP? Is your success or enjoyment in WoW based solely on this trinket or any piece of gear for that matter?
    Don't be disingenuous. You know that I don't play WoW just to get one trinket, and you know what I mean by "I'm screwed." If you don't, look up "hyperbole" in the dictionary.

Ill probably exchange it for something more "on demand burst" as soon as i can.
    Why would you do that? It sims highest of any trinket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TummyBoy View Post
    Why would you do that? It sims highest of any trinket.

2min pachverk fight ? you will mess with rotation so you wont see difirence anyway.

Deleted

I play with chrono shard on all destro fights since it sims higher than my oakhearts on cleave, and i haven't run into this issue yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesybrough View Post
    I play with chrono shard on all destro fights since it sims higher than my oakhearts on cleave, and i haven't run into this issue yet
    I can verify it is exists and is very annoying.