Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.1 Changes (WW+Affliction+Retr) PvP Talents

Some serious changes going on on PTR that are nice and scary at the same time ...

Monk:

Fist stuns again so the build is NOT going to die with 7.1 .. welcome change ..

Paladin:

Steed lasts an additional 4sec and immune to CC as well as knocks back any one in its path .. HUGE HUGE HUGE buff .. We all saved hard CC for steed .. guess what folks not anymore .. DA PALA PAIN TRAIN IS REAL!

Warlock:

Serious Destro PvP buffs from increased range on some abilities to adding root ..

Affliction: UA stacks capped at x5 and backlash is % of spell power .. BUT the changed a talent so that any target with UA on it takes an additional 12% damage ..

They moved the damage to sustained which scares me because as people realize that extra +12% damage and how much its going to hurt will come back here and ask for MORE nurfs ...

Thoughts?

It's not an extra 12% damage. Currently it's 15% and the talent is being reduced by 3%.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Some serious changes going on on PTR that are nice and scary at the same time ...

Paladin:

Steed lasts an additional 4sec and immune to CC as well as knocks back any one in its path .. HUGE HUGE HUGE buff .. We all saved hard CC for steed .. guess what folks not anymore .. DA PALA PAIN TRAIN IS REAL!

Thoughts?

Thoughts ... are you serios with the huge huge huge buff part ??? Are we the shaman of the game now, where icons changes or tooltip fixes are perceived as buffs??

to make it clear for you: that talents already exists for PROTECTION Paladins, and is not being extended to Retribution. It's just a fix in the word "knockback"
    Last edited by Ashgaan; 2016-10-05 at 11:19 AM. Reason: spelling

Extra buffs to specs that in good state as of now.
    Huge Nerfs to affliction which is terrible for both pvp and pve.
    Basic Blizzard.

Paladin:

This is for Protection Paladins, so.. Not sure if that's SUCH HUGE BUFF

I am a menace to my own destiny.

You are right I completely misread the notes .... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by ErothTV View Post
    This is for Protection Paladins, so.. Not sure if that's SUCH HUGE BUFF
    There are higher rated teams Qing 3s with Prot pallies than Ret right now. Prot Pally + BM Hunter is the most annoying thing I've seen in legion so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    WW got a bit of a nerf (more of a fix than a nerf) to FoF stun in that it only procs the stun on the first hit, so the Monk can no longer run around FoF stunning everyone in sight.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Paladin:

Can you please toss me a link if you got a moment? Do you mean those changes for ALL paladin specs? Because Prot Paladins had this pvp talent since Beta.

Edit: Please ignore my post, it was already answered above...i need stop posting before i read entire thread, my apologies
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-10-05 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopkplease View Post
    There are higher rated teams Qing 3s with Prot pallies than Ret right now. Prot Pally + BM Hunter is the most annoying thing I've seen in legion so far.
    http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...class_filter=2
    yeah, sure..

I am a menace to my own destiny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashgaan View Post
    Thoughts ... are you serios with the huge huge huge buff part ??? Are we the shaman of the game now, where icons changes or tooltip fixes are perceived as buffs??

to make it clear for you: that talents already exists for PROTECTION Paladins, and is not being extended to Retribution. It's just a fix in the word "knockback"
    Ret Paladins haven't been a commonplace Arena choice for quite a few seasons, not to mention they are brief when so. I believe this causes a lack of understanding of the spec. My friend has been playing Ret main since TBC so I've always been kept up to date on the rises, falls and mechanic changes.

Prot did not need buffs, they are already retardedly good, better than Ret even.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Extra buffs to specs that in good state as of now.
    Huge Nerfs to affliction which is terrible for both pvp and pve.
    Basic Blizzard.
    Haha, you can't be serious. Aff locks are amazing in PvP right now.

cute. my rogue will still rape warlocks without them doing a thing about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    unless they get targeted. Aff lock literally cannot do any damage to me if i decide i want them dead. Also, my ooc healing outheals all their dots lol.
    Last edited by Himora; 2016-10-07 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocery View Post
    Prot did not need buffs, they are already retardedly good, better than Ret even.
    Is that true on the live client? Prot has been beast mode since Legion alpha and Blizzard has pretended that this isn't an issue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    unless they get targeted. Aff lock literally cannot do any damage to me if i decide i want them dead. Also, my ooc healing outheals all their dots lol.
    Unless they have a partner lol.

Running Affliction/Sin Rogue/Rsham in 3s and our Affliction lock usually tops damage even though he gets trained all game. As long as the lock knows what they're doing they can put out plenty of damage. The class is quite strong right now.

Deleted
    palas dont have enough ways to get out of CC? now they need CC immunity? ROFL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Affliction is terrible against any team that has a brain and knows how UA + RnD works. Unless you mean dmg meters in random BG's, in which case lol.

Demonology is the only worthwhile warlock pvp spec right now. Blows anything affliction can do outa the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Unless they have a partner lol.

Running Affliction/Sin Rogue/Rsham in 3s and our Affliction lock usually tops damage even though he gets trained all game. As long as the lock knows what they're doing they can put out plenty of damage. The class is quite strong right now.
    Absolutely potent. im still waiting to die to a warlock. maybe one day though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Affliction is terrible against any team that has a brain and knows how UA + RnD works. Unless you mean dmg meters in random BG's, in which case lol.

Demonology is the only worthwhile warlock pvp spec right now. Blows anything affliction can do outa the water.
    Oh yeah? Then why are there more affliction warlocks than demo over 2k rating? http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...000&ladder=3v3