Elemental: Icefury, Frost Shock, Earth Shock and Maelstrom

I had a question about some of the Elemental mechanics that I can't seem to find an answer for anywhere regarding the spells in my topic title. Two questions actually, but they both relate to pretty much the same thing.

I'll start with the one that I think is easier. Does Earth Shock damage scale linearly with the Maelstrom spent to cast it?

What I mean by that is that at 100 Maelstrom Earth Shock deals 800% SP damage (according to the tooltip). Does that mean that it deals f.e. 80% SP damage at 10 Maelstrom, 160% at 20 Maelstrom and 400% at 50 Maelstrom?

The other question relates to Icefury and Frost Shock, mainly the buff that Icefury grants each Frost Shock in relation to the increased damage to Frost Shock when cast at above 0 Maelstrom. Is the damage calculated such that the Maelstrom buff is factored in before or after the Icefury buff?

Basically what I'm asking is, at 20 Maelstrom where 0.56*SP is Frost Shock's base damage, would the formula look like this:
    (0.56*SP + 4*0.56*SP)*2
    (Frost Shock Damage + Icefury Bonus Damage)*Maelstrom Buff

Or like this:
    (0.56*SP)*2 + 4*0.56*SP
    (Frost Shock Damage)*Maelstrom Buff + Icefury Bonus Damage

I couldn't find the answer to either of these questions anywhere, but if anyone has an answer or could potentially direct me to a place where I could get one, it would be much appreciated.

I don't really bother about the math things. Idk about the ES, but I'm pretty sure Icefury buff is multiplicative because it hit for so much damage. So I think it's more like 4*((0.56*SP)*2).

Yeah, which is basically the same as the first equation, except I assume 400% increased damage means base damage(100%) + 400%, so it would be 5*((0.56*SP)*2) according to that.

Deleted
    I don't know, but if you have time just test it on a target dummy! Shouldn't be so hard to calculate. Try casting ES with 25, 50, 75 and 100 MS etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bompton View Post
    I don't know, but if you have time just test it on a target dummy! Shouldn't be so hard to calculate. Try casting ES with 25, 50, 75 and 100 MS etc.
    I totally forgot I could test it out by using a class trial (since my Shaman isn't high enough level for Icefury yet). I'll probably end up doing that, but thought I'd check to see if anyone else had done it first.
    Last edited by trebor; 2016-10-06 at 06:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trebor View Post
    I totally forgot I could test it out by using a class trial (since my Shaman isn't high enough level for Icefury yet). I'll probably end up doing that, but thought I'd check to see if anyone else had done it first.
    I haven't done it, but it doesn't matter that much. I have a weak auras that pops up earth shock button at over 87 maelstrom and that's the only time I use it (or when mobs about to die before I have time to cast anything and I dump MS no matter what to squeeze that last bit of damage out).

Earth shock scales linearly. Any amount of research would have told you that

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanikus View Post
    Earth shock scales linearly. Any amount of research would have told you that
    It didn't, but thanks!