Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I never change talents

Currently I am raiding in a mediocre guild, we are not one of the hard progress dudes, but usually we farm normal a few times, then go heroic and farm that a few times and then go slowly to mythic. Sometimes we clear mythic before it gets nurfed, sometimes we don't. It depends.

Usually everyone I know changed talents for each boss, often even between tries. I changed talents for Mythics and challenge modes and so on.

But with the new restriction I completely stopped doing that. I just looked up what seems like the best overall choice for most situations one time when I got to 110 and I never changed anything after that on two characters. The same goes for basically my whole raid group. The costs for respeccing in-raid are simply way to high, so we just don't do it. And since I am not doing it in a raid I see no reason to do it when I go to mythics. And don't get me wrong, this seems to work completely fine.

But is this actually intended for everyone who is not a total progress raider that wants to down everything as soon as possible?
    What is your experience with the current restrictions? Are you changing talents or did you also go for a cookie cutter build?

Deleted
    Bring a Warlock + Mage and you can just port in and out for changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my DK, death gate, change up, wait one minute, death gate back in.

Otherwise people just hearth out and ask the lock for a summon. Hasn't really changed anything other than make it less convenient to change on the fly.

For progress raids? Sure I do.
    For anything else? No way. I'm not paying 1000g just to switch a few talents.

I'd rather afk during trash and let others handle it.

Deleted
    A lot of classes have a very standard and multipurpose setup that is neither single- or multitarget centric and I just use that.

My DPS suffers as a result but I just don't care enough to switch talents all the time, and the level I play at isn't high enough that min/maxing matters.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post

Otherwise people just hearth out and ask the lock for a summon. Hasn't really changed anything other than make it less convenient to change on the fly.
    Wait deathgate works both ways??

Quote Originally Posted by Desraider View Post
    Bring a Warlock + Mage and you can just port in and out for changes.
    Yeah, of course we could, but it is just too much effort to be honest. The time we lose because of that is much higher than just playing with sub optimal talents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nition View Post
    I assume this doesn't work in raids..? I knew it worked in the open world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Titansruler View Post
    I assume this doesn't work in raids..? I knew it worked in the open world.
    Works just fine. You're back to where you started from.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Yes. For years now(patch 5.4, maybe?). Even says so on the tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    Sure it does, it even says it in the tooltip. Same with the druid moonglade teleport.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

I don't think the new talent changing system is going to last very long tbh. It's far more annoying than it is useful.

I can see how they don't want people swapping them around mid Mythic+, but this isn't the solution. Even just making the first room of every raid/dungeon/BG/arena a rested XP area would be an improvement.

Never really did that. There were two times in my WoW history when I legit respecced:
    1. One, fellow PVP resto druid buddy was talking about needing some additional pew pew in arenas, so specced into insect swarm. I soon followed suit and found it so rewarding to be an aggressive attacking resto druid (back when insect swarm gave hit chance reduction as well).
    2. I was on the B raid team and they wanted me to spec nourish spam (turret)... that's just not a druids style, I tried it and... no, I PVP more than I dumb as script raid, so I just transferred servers and never looked back

I don't do dumb shit like talent swapping every other pull like an asshole. I don't progression raid anymore, so there's really no point in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

i thought it was neat, all we needed was the tomes etc, but then in practice, with the way mats are and the prices on my server...

the oppurtunity cost of the wasted resources used to create single/group tomes alone is foreboding.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I don't think the new talent changing system is going to last very long tbh. It's far more annoying than it is useful.

I can see how they don't want people swapping them around mid Mythic+, but this isn't the solution. Even just making the first room of every raid/dungeon/BG/arena a rested XP area would be an improvement.
    you can freely change talents during the start of BG's and Arena's already. I do atleast.

heroic randoms give you a short timer. WHich is ridiculous because heroics are easy and mythic+ is where its needed.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2016-10-06 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    The respeccing atm is an abomination. Absolutely disgusting. I hs before bosses and ask for a summon back. For some reason blizzard thought this would make the game better.

Say what you will but who ever doesn't optimize to kill a progression boss is flat out lazy.

And do not give me "porting out and getting summoned back takes ages" excuse because it will take you a whole 30 sec to do that, assuming you have already researched what talents you will need for that specific encounter and you are prepared beforehand.

Just lazy lazy lazy...

Thank the whiners that bitched about the gold cost.

I change talents regularly, I'm just unable to play according to the old school where you left specs untouched between content patches or even for an entire expansion. I'm leveling a scribe/herbalist to be my own supplier for tomes.

Deleted
    It's the one of the most stupid "features", blizzard has added into Legion. Combined with broken professions, basically the requrement for raiding is to have herbalism or herbalist alt (additionally, alt unfriendliness adds salt here considerably).

less your spec is REALLY bad off, for anyone under a top 100 guild (likely higher) its pointless to respect for each boss imo.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Currently I am raiding in a mediocre guild, we are not one of the hard progress dudes, but usually we farm normal a few times, then go heroic and farm that a few times and then go slowly to mythic. Sometimes we clear mythic before it gets nurfed, sometimes we don't. It depends.

Usually everyone I know changed talents for each boss, often even between tries. I changed talents for Mythics and challenge modes and so on.

But with the new restriction I completely stopped doing that. I just looked up what seems like the best overall choice for most situations one time when I got to 110 and I never changed anything after that on two characters. The same goes for basically my whole raid group. The costs for respeccing in-raid are simply way to high, so we just don't do it. And since I am not doing it in a raid I see no reason to do it when I go to mythics. And don't get me wrong, this seems to work completely fine.

But is this actually intended for everyone who is not a total progress raider that wants to down everything as soon as possible?
    What is your experience with the current restrictions? Are you changing talents or did you also go for a cookie cutter build?
    That's probably fine, depends on your spec and class to be 100% certain it's ok. I play a Havoc DH mostly and the only time I ever switch the 1 talent that I do, is to spec into the DH iceblock / leech on meta. The leech on meta is for pvp, and I love having an immune spell during raids and mythic +s.
    Because it is always a pvp / pve choice, I can always have time to be in Dal and switch for free