Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    But this raiding tier is easier than the previous one because you can outgear them thanks to mythic + dungeons. Maybe farm more mythic + 5 mans instead of using pots?
    Talking NM / HC modes here. For pushing Mythic i understand the issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chisa View Post
    I honestly couldnt care less.
    Its doubtful that they will but yea wgaf
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemski View Post
    I think the biggest issue is the huge amount of rng. You can pick several thousands of starlight roses without getting rank 3, which is just ridiculous. If it was a quest to pick up 5k Starflower, I wouldnt be whining because I would know Im progressing.
    On high pop realm you can end up with 50 roses per hour with r2, and that is just beyond ridiculous when looking at the amount of mats needed for pots/flasks...

edit: fuck this ridiculous rng in gearing up aswell..
    This is bullshit. Playing on highest populated server in EU and getting 50 roses takes no more than 20-30 min max

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuzz View Post
    I member,

member BC ? Serpentshrine Cav, progression raid and this was needed to farm http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=...esistance-gear ,

talk about preperation
    Early BC was insane cosumable wise before they nerfed it, because even lesser guilds used like 10 types of different consumables. Don't know how common that was in Classic other than some Naxx bosses.

Go Alch.

Alch, makes your flask last 2 hours instead of 1 ;-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    This is bullshit. Playing on highest populated server in EU and getting 50 roses takes no more than 20-30 min max
    This, lol. Playing on the 2nd biggest in EU and still it takes about an hour a day to have everything for all 3 of my raids and still have leftovers. Obviously, not using pots on normal or HC farm bosses, but on mythic progress using them on every pull and am doing fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzah View Post
    whoever thinks the cost of herbs is hardcore is freaking dumb, you want hardcore? why dont we take it to stupid days of vanilla, im a former hc raider myself.
    I paid for my first level 40 mount by selling you guys Stonescale Eels from Tanaris for 1g each. I could catch 8-10 an hour.

I really don't fancy a return to that, where half the player base only exists to feed raiders with potions.

Farming enough herbs for an evening of raiding is no real problem. Buying them is expensive because everyone is sitting on mountains of gold from WoD. It'll balance out once the millionaires stop buying raid mats at crazy prices and farm their own.

Deleted
    Assuming you raid 10 hours a week (most semi-hardcore or casual guilds in my server do 5 days - 2 hours routine) or 9 hours if you 3 days - 3 hours:
    You will need 1 flask every hour (9-10 flasks) and arround 20 pots every hour (180-200 week)
    Farming time:
    100xAethril: ~15-20min level 1
    100xFoxflower: ~30min level 1 (with no fox procs)
    100xDreamleaf: ~10 mins level 1 (queue for nm Darkheart with guildies, repeat until you have infinite dreamleaf for everyone)
    100xFjarnkkaggl: ~25 mins level 1
    100xStarlight Rose: ~1 hour level 2
    Materials:
    INT Flask: 100xDream 100XFjarns 70xStarlight = 1 1/2 hours/week
    STR Flask: 100x Aethril 100x Fox 70xStarlight = 1 3/4 hours/week
    AGI Flask: 100xFox 100xFjarns 70xStarlight = 1 3/4 hours week
    Melee pot: 800xfoxflower 800xfjarns 200xstarlight = ~10 hours/week
    Ranged pot: 800xDreamleaf 800xFjarns 200x Starlight = 7 1/2 hours/week
    Mana pot: free because yseralline is gathered in all herbs
    Healing pot: free because yseralline is gathered in all herbs
    Armor pot: 800x Aethril 800xFoxflower 200xStarlight = ~10 hours/week

As you can see the worst case: You are a tank or melee STR user, you have to farm 12 hours max for flaks and pots. This taking in account you pot AND prepot every pull, never rotate, and you get 0 procs on pots and flasks multipliers, with herbalism level 1 and every herbalism recipe in rank 1 (except for starlights). You can even use Draenor pots in farming bosses or even just use "expensive" pots if the boss is "about to die" (multiple wipes ~30-20% hp on the boss). If you are doing this you spend arround 4 hours week farming (still taking in account you enver rotate) which is IMO not too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Assuming you raid 10 hours a week (most semi-hardcore or casual guilds in my server do 5 days - 2 hours routine) or 9 hours if you 3 days - 3 hours:
    You will need 1 flask every hour (9-10 flasks) and arround 20 pots every hour (180-200 week)
    Farming time:
    100xAethril: ~15-20min level 1
    100xFoxflower: ~30min level 1 (with no fox procs)
    100xDreamleaf: ~10 mins level 1 (queue for nm Darkheart with guildies, repeat until you have infinite dreamleaf for everyone)
    100xFjarnkkaggl: ~25 mins level 1
    100xStarlight Rose: ~1 hour level 2
    Materials:
    INT Flask: 100xDream 100XFjarns 70xStarlight = 1 1/2 hours/week
    STR Flask: 100x Aethril 100x Fox 70xStarlight = 1 3/4 hours/week
    AGI Flask: 100xFox 100xFjarns 70xStarlight = 1 3/4 hours week
    Melee pot: 800xfoxflower 800xfjarns 200xstarlight = ~10 hours/week
    Ranged pot: 800xDreamleaf 800xFjarns 200x Starlight = 7 1/2 hours/week
    Mana pot: free because yseralline is gathered in all herbs
    Healing pot: free because yseralline is gathered in all herbs
    Armor pot: 800x Aethril 800xFoxflower 200xStarlight = ~10 hours/week

As you can see the worst case: You are a tank or melee STR user, you have to farm 12 hours max for flaks and pots. This taking in account you pot AND prepot every pull, never rotate, and you get 0 procs on pots and flasks multipliers, with herbalism level 1 and every herbalism recipe in rank 1 (except for starlights). You can even use Draenor pots in farming bosses or even just use "expensive" pots if the boss is "about to die" (multiple wipes ~30-20% hp on the boss). If you are doing this you spend arround 4 hours week farming (still taking in account you enver rotate) which is IMO not too much.
    You can get near 150-200 Starlights in hour. You are also missing procs in flasks and potions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokrei View Post
    You can get near 150-200 Starlights in hour. You are also missing procs in flasks and potions.
    As i said i'm assuming 0 procs on flask or pot multipliers and rank 2 on starlights. With rank 3 on every plant it's half the time, even less in farming groups; but i'm assuming you have a 110 alt with herbalism 1 just starting in legion because of prices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    As i said i'm assuming 0 procs on flask or pot multipliers and rank 2 on starlights. With rank 3 on every plant it's half the time, even less in farming groups; but i'm assuming you have a 110 alt with herbalism 1 just starting in legion because of prices.
    Ah my bad then

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    It really just requires a bit of effort. 30-60 mins a week farming Herbs keeps me topped on potions. I farmed 40 flasks in the first week so now I just farm a couple a week to keep me topped up. Mythic+ has caused me to use a lot more flasks/herbs than usual though. I like that you have to put some effort in outside of raid again. It gives players something to do outside of raid for once instead of solely logging in to raid a few times a week. So far this expac I haven't spent a single gold on pots/flasks/food/augment runes. Cleared heroic this week in about 2 hours and used 2 flasks and 10 pots, not hard to farm that each week.
    You do not farm 30mins to an hour for flasks and pots.
    The herbs alone you need for 10flasks will take you around 2h give or take that includes the roses and the 2 x100 of the 2 herbs u need for your flask.
    Unless you are very lucky with rose mob spawns and foxes or have rank 3 on aethril and get multiple nod procs there is no way you farm in 30mins to an hour 10 flasks.

Not even gonna put potions in to account.

Does anyone have any idea WHY Blizzard chose to make potions cost way more than in previous expansions? (MoP: 2 common herbs; WoD: 3 common herbs; Legion: 8 common herbs + 2 uncommon)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Not for the guild I'm in. Flasks and pots aren't mandatory, we're still clearing the content we're wanting to clear. Would they help? Most definitely, are they needed? No, we can get by until they're actually affordable.
    congrats on your world 1000 mythic xavius kill

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    congrats on your world 1000 mythic xavius kill
    I'm sure if they are that casual they don't care when they kill it as long as its dead before the next big raid comes out (Nighthold).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    I'm sure if they are that casual they don't care when they kill it as long as its dead before the next big raid comes out (Nighthold).
    i was exaggerating. but people with the mindset of "oh, just don't use your pots on every pull." annoy me because they don't seem to understand that pretty much every pull is a potential kill. you don't have to be a casual to understand that.

Deleted
    Not an issue for me (and I used to be piss poor), what's slowly making me quit is my total inability to find a competent guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    i was exaggerating. but people with the mindset of "oh, just don't use your pots on every pull." annoy me because they don't seem to understand that pretty much every pull is a potential kill. you don't have to be a casual to understand that.
    There is absolutely no need to use pots and especially runes on bosses while learning the fight on every try. Playing shitty because you dont know all the timings of a fight cost the raid way more dps than using a pot or even that worthless rune. Unless you are a world first guild, but il bet even they dont use runes, because you cant even have that many. The rune in WoD was like 0,5% overall dps for the raid, or something like that.

ithink in my entire hardcore raiding history i can count the number of 1% wipes on one hand where we wiped because someone didnt use a pot.

The only situation where you have to use pots while learning is if the encounter has a hard dmg check early in the fight that you are required to meet to progress your stategy.

And before you say im a lfr raider, i raided all addons (3 raids/week), killed all tiers prenerfed (e.g. Archi overall world~ 200/EU ~100).

Raids who have higher expectation that that probably dont have a gold problem to use pots all the time if they choose to, and everybody below doesnt have to.
    Last edited by Genju; 2016-10-06 at 06:03 PM.

The WoW coin doesn't even sell for that much. Prices are so out of whack that you could probably pay somebody minimum wage to farm herbs and ores for you and get more gold per dollar than spending your after tax dollars on the wow coin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genju View Post
    ithink in my entire hardcore raiding history i can count the number of 1% wipes on one hand where we wiped because someone didnt use a pot.
    Legion pots are about 3 million damage, per player. Conservatively, 1.5 million.