7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    This is why it pays to be patient IMVHO.
    At least this person paid and tried it. Also, it was not the lack of flight that caused the unsub. If you go back and read it was the class mechanics that were a concern. This is what actual consumers do. They pay, they try, they unsub or get a refund based on their level of unhappiness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    But it is about me. Every time I voice my discontent you tell me how much fun you are having playing the game. I'm not confrontational, I'm just not happy with how they are treating flight.

And about signatures ...
    And yet here you are responding to me in the same way I am responding to you. I am happy. You are not. You need flight unlocked. I don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrclyde-79 View Post
    Sorry man but you are in for an reality Check. You are seriously trying to tell me that Raids, which at that time only got seen by around 10% of all players, have been the major draw to this game? Oh man.... if you really really really believe that, i am not surprised that some of the hardcore- and pro-gamers they have been somehow remotely been essential to the games success and mattered a lot.... newsflash: no they have not. This game went viral even without those type of players.

And NO, the raids have been a big part for a small minority of this game but they have not been the major feature that drew the masses. But to be fair: flight hasn't been that either. It is the package. But in this package i personally would put open world before dungeons before flight before raids.

By the way... speaking of other MMOs. Did you notice that two more popular MMOs recently added flight to their game? And did you know that some MMOs out there already had flight from the start, even with combat? So no matter how you want to twist and turn it, flight is "wildly popular" in a lot of games to the majority of people playing it... no matter how bad some players and even some developers think flight might be to the game (it's not).
    This is not about raids. I said content. Content is almost everything in the game that can be experienced by a player. Exploration is content, but that can be done from the ground. Questing is content and that is done on the ground. Rep gain is content, also done from the ground. Dailies, world quests, world bosses, also all ground content. Sadly, we no longer have compelling open world content. It took cata to give us some fresh questing. Cata also allowed flight at lvl 60 on Azeroth, AFTER the new content had been consumed. It made sense to be able to fly at 80 in the new zones. They were mixed into Azeroth where flight was now permissible.

Raids are seen by a small portion of the playerbase, unless you count LFR. LFR really just is a gear catchup and a chance to see the content at a more simplistic level. People were drawn to this game with the prospect of a visual D&D style game where they could be the paladin, or hunter, or priest they always played on paper. The dungeons existed for better loot and challenging experiences. Sadly, this all got boring with the introduction of increased XP and Heirloom gear. Back in TBC, before flight was even a thing for most of us, gear mattered. You were usually undergeared in everything you did. Nothing matched, and unless you had an awesome team, you were constantly running back into Kara or Tempest Keep after a wipe.

This game is about so much more than a convenient mechanic like flight. I agree. Riding into battle on the back of a dragon is outstanding! But so is finding 4 other people who enjoy the game just as much and doing a full clear in BRD. So no, Raids were not the big thing. In EQ, it was all about the questing and open world for me. Same with Rift and Aion. Even Lord of the Rings online and D&D Online were about the adventures. The method of travel should always be secondary to the level of content. If you hate the content, flying to it doesn't make it any prettier.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    The reward for Pathfinder I is so extremely underwhelming. They could have at least added a mount for an achievement which requires killing a raid end boss and getting a faction to exalted. You know, we got a bunch of Netherwing drakes back in TBC without any raid bosses... :/ Legion is VERY disappointing from the viewpoint of a mount collector. They have listened to the whiners who were pissed about recoloured mounts too much. Why not stick to the MoP model where you got 1-3 mounts from every faction at exalted, and then have some achievement and raid / world bosses mounts?

Anyway, I got Pathfinder yesterday after being lucky with a Xavius PUG and barely notice the speed increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Must have something to do with the ancient dream of mankind to soar the skies...
    Most likely a mount is rewarded with the completion of the Legion version like WoD. But Blizzard's silent treatment isn't build community confidence when they could be out ahead of the issue.

The unknown time table of Legion's patchfinder is really going to show signs of weakness when 7.1 rolls around and players are left in the dark.

Deleted
    Most likely a mount is rewarded with the completion of the Legion version like WoD. But Blizzard's silent treatment isn't build community confidence when they could be out ahead of the issue.

The unknown time table of Legion's patchfinder is really going to show signs of weakness when 7.1 rolls around and players are left in the dark.
    I am not sure if there will be an uproar, because most people I know who value flight will rather unsub than come to a forum and voice their displeasure. This is why I think that Blizzard is falsely ignoring a silent group which is definitively larger than the people who are vocal.

I also don't understand why we have to be stuck on a TI for relevant content forever. There were many things which were OK on TI and similar areas, and no-flying was not one of them. Getting to Garnia's lake up on the mountan via bird taxi was annoying as hell. Grapplehooks are definitive a 1000% improvement to that, but it's just not the same.

They are able to create mini-instanced games like the Kirin Tor world quests and zones where you can get dismounted or flagged for PvP or whatever automatically, but they are not able to think a bit further and combine these concepts with a world which has flight?

How can this be?
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-10-06 at 02:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    True.

Perhaps the better question would be why the guy I was quoting would want flying mounts disabled just because there is no flying yet? You can still use them as ground mounts and I see a lot of people doing so. Guess he's just trying to make a point ... and failing lol.
    Most pro-flight arguments attempting to use reverse psychology will fall short. Flight is available everywhere but the current 5 week old zones. People need to just get a grip and realize it was more than 9 months before flight was added to Draenor. I suspect Legion will be more like 6 months, but that is just personal speculation. If nothing else, they can find something else to do between now and next summer and then come back and start complaining again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    I must be an expert maze navigator because I have literally zero issue finding my way around the zones.
    I have been thinking the same. No, not about you.

I think Blizz has turned the corner on this annoying little clique, and based on Legion's success, they aren't making any changes to placate you. As I've noted previously in this thread ... the expac is a hit - the game is packed - and the rest of us are all having a blast.
    I already had several guild members unsub because no flying. my sub lasts til next month tho.
    You can keep your whistle but I rather fly by my selft. its way more immersive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    I already had several guild members unsub because no flying. my sub lasts til next month tho.
    You can keep your whistle but I rather fly by my selft. its way more immersive.
    I get tons of immersion from my goblin glider and grappling hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    I get tons of immersion from my goblin glider and grappling hook.
    I don't. My God killing, dragon slaying, titan bashing demon banishing and undead killing, destroyer of all things evil feels more "right" on that Onxyia drake or Mimrons head or almost any of the other epic flying mounts I have.

A whistle, kite or grappling hook just don't cut it nor does it support the things my characters have done and achieved. If we're talking immersion, no flying at max level is breaking the shit out of it for me at this point in the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I don't. My God killing, dragon slaying, titan bashing demon banishing and undead killing, destroyer of all things evil feels more "right" on that Onxyia drake or Mimrons head or almost any of the other epic flying mounts I have.

A whistle, kite or grappling hook just don't cut it nor does it support the things my characters have done and achieved. If we're talking immersion, no flying at max level is breaking the shit out of it for me at this point in the game.

This guy never rode anything more than a horse, yet he had tons of adventure and danger. Even got himself a crown in the 3rd movie. Not sure I would have been as impressed with him if he just rode about on a Dragon all day. Dragon slayer sounds more intimidating than dragon rider. Just my 2 cents.

This guy never rode anything more than a horse, yet he had tons of adventure and danger. Even got himself a crown in the 3rd movie. Not sure I would have been as impressed with him if he just rode about on a Dragon all day. Dragon slayer sounds more intimidating than dragon rider. Just my 2 cents.
    And yet still pales in comparison to the things my character has done or the adventures and dangers I've faced and I flew. I'd have been much more impressed with him if he rode around on something that flew.

Plus, that horse back riding is vastly inferior (and miles behind how cool flying is) to:
    Last edited by quras; 2016-10-06 at 04:18 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    And yet still pales in comparison to the things my character has done or the adventures and dangers I've faced and I flew. I'd have been much more impressed with him if he rode around on something that flew.

Plus, that horse back riding is vastly inferior (and miles behind how cool flying is) to:
    Your Ring Wraith is cute...

But he was killed... by a woman... who rode a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    I am not sure if there will be an uproar, because most people I know who value flight will rather unsub than come to a forum and voice their displeasure. This is why I think that Blizzard is falsely ignoring a silent group which is definitively larger than the people who are vocal.

I also don't understand why we have to be stuck on a TI for relevant content forever. There were many things which were OK on TI and similar areas, and no-flying was not one of them. Getting to Garnia's lake up on the mountan via bird taxi was annoying as hell. Grapplehooks are definitive a 1000% improvement to that, but it's just not the same.

They are able to create mini-instanced games like the Kirin Tor world quests and zones where you can get dismounted or flagged for PvP or whatever automatically, but they are not able to think a bit further and combine these concepts with a world which has flight?

How can this be?
    That was the strategy in WoD as well, but the players still sticking out in WoD started to voice displeasure about not having flight in patch 6.1 available. My estimation is that if patch 7.1 rolls around many players are not as informed as we are in this thread and will start to ask questions as happened to flight for Legion.

Remember, a large chunk of players in WoD did not know about the dev statements about flying which happened well before WoD alpha commence. So, these very same players do not know that Legion announcement that flight is coming "mid expansion". For us, who are more knowledgeable of the situation we are as much in the dark as someone who just picked up the game with how this all progressed to an extent at this point.

Like WoD, Legion features players that are in the undecided territory or just came back and never witnessed the situation with WoD or no flying ever announcement, so ignorance is bliss to them. But if these players that are in the gray area are subjected more vagueness even after patch 7.1 launches then we will see a repeat situation with WoD.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749884844

By giving alts the flight whistle Blizzard is conceding that alt replay value for the expansion thus far is way down. But a flight whistle is still a poor substitute for a flying mount IMVHO.
    Last edited by Mafic; 2016-10-06 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    True.

Perhaps the better question would be why the guy I was quoting would want flying mounts disabled just because there is no flying yet? You can still use them as ground mounts and I see a lot of people doing so. Guess he's just trying to make a point ... and failing lol.
    My point was people are saying flying should be left out but if along with no flying meant the mounts that were made for that purpose were disabled in that expansion so people could not use them I bet they would be singing a different tune.

There are Flying Mounts and Ground Mounts it seems unfair to disable flying for an expansion and not the Flying Mounts when we specifically have ground mounts for ground travel.

As it stands Flying Mounts should at least be able to glide down rather than dropping like a brick, ok so they cant fly whats stopping them from just gliding down safely.

Your Ring Wraith is cute...

But he was killed... by a woman... who rode a horse.
    and he was still cooler than she as well as he killed their king and all the people he killed before meeting her but death makes no difference. I killed old Gods as a woman but the horse had nothing to do with it nor the flying mount as in wow we cannot fight off their backs. However, it was much cooler as I flew away from their ruined temples and lairs with their treasures. Like Perseus and Pegasus - Flying just makes heroes better as well as villains.

Like I said, when it comes to immersion, my wow character is far better, far more interesting and far more cooler as I fly around on a dragon or any of the other more interesting flying mounts than when he's trotting around on the ground way past it's interest point.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-10-06 at 06:18 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

That guy has nothing on these guys:

They get to adventures on their PLANE and THEN have fun.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    They already lost revenue by announcing "mid expansion" and store mounts are not being bought if players are not even playing the current expansion or even usable in current said expansion (Legion).

So it is clearly not a monetary decision from subs/blizzards store side of things. But it is saving developer time and stretching out existing content. Is that a worthwhile trade off? WoD showed it was a flawed strategy and Legion is no different in that regard.

Blizzard can claim that do not care about sub numbers but if people are not flying in current content they are highly likely not buying flying mounts from the Blizzard store. And honestly flying mounts are way more popular than the vast majority of ground mounts in WoW.

What Blizzard is cutting of their nose to spite faces for what? To prove they can deliver a ground and pound game world? IF that is the case they failed miserably because the flight whistle was added late to the testing period of Legion.
    I doubt if Blizzard see it as a miserable failure, even with the flight whistle resources quests and objectives still have to be achieved as they want them to be - from the ground without any hopping over mobs or obstacles.

In addition, the fact that they added the time saving convenience of the flight whistle goes some what against the stretching out existing content theory.

7+ Year Old Account
    and he was still cooler than she as well as he killed their king and all the people he killed before meeting her but death makes no difference. I killed old Gods as a woman but the horse had nothing to do with it nor the flying mount as in wow we cannot fight off their backs. However, it was much cooler as I flew away from their ruined temples and lairs with their treasures. Like Perseus and Pegasus - Flying just makes heroes better as well as villains.

Like I said, when it comes to immersion, my wow character is far better, far more interesting and far more cooler as I fly around on a dragon or any of the other more interesting flying mounts than when he's trotting around on the ground way past it's interest point.
    Transportation =/= gameplay. If flying is more important than content, please feel free to fly in zones which currently offer flight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That guy has nothing on these guys:

They get to adventures on their PLANE and THEN have fun.
    Yep, and then have fun... on the ground... in a jeep, a kayak, a motorhome. The plane may get them there, but they still have to physically participate in the activities. Hell, a plane took people to Fantasy Island, but they still had to explore said Island on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As far as I'm aware, the Legion Pathfinder achievement (Part 1) doesn't involve killing any Raid bosses.

- Explore the 5 Legion questing zones (Questing and World Quests)
    - Complete all major story-lines in the Broken Isles (Questing)
    - Complete 100 different World Quests (World Quests)
    - Complete your Class Order Campaign (Questing and Missions)
    - Earn Revered with the 6 Broken Isles factions (Questing and World Quests)
    Need loremaster, one of the chains for suramar sends you to kill Xavius.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, and then have fun... on the ground... in a jeep, a kayak, a motorhome. The plane may get them there, but they still have to physically participate in the activities. Hell, a plane took people to Fantasy Island, but they still had to explore said Island on foot.
    Exaclty, just like flying in WoW. It takes us to the ground based adventures which we have to do on the ground because they are ground based and cannot be done in the air or even mounted. The extent of your on foot adventures is up to you, if you want to explore the whole area on foot - go ahead, if you want to fly to the other side - fly ahead. Ground adventures are unaffected by your mode of transportation.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Exaclty, just like flying in WoW. It takes us to the ground based adventures which we have to do on the ground because they are ground based and cannot be done in the air or even mounted. The extent of your on foot adventures is up to you, if you want to explore the whole area on foot - go ahead, if you want to fly to the other side - fly ahead. Ground adventures are unaffected by your mode of transportation.
    If an adventure really is an adventure, the method of transportation doesn't matter. Sadly, the other pro-fliers in this thread would rather just parachute into enemy territory, get what they came for, and then jetpack out. It's sad when riding a dragon becomes the lazy way of questing instead of the adventurous method of travel. I really feel sorry for people who put so much stock in their winged mounts. I remember in TBC hitting level 40 and having just enough gold to pay for training and get my Nelf Druid a single striped saber. I still summon that cat to this day.

I get that you are gung ho about flight. No side that I present, even as a pro-flier fits with your agenda. As much as I would love a meta to allow me flight at lvl 1, a big part of me is thankful that Blizz doesn't listen to me. If I got what I asked for, I would probably end up lazy and feel entitled. This way, I simply follow the game's format and enjoy myself until flight unlocks. Since my Pathfinder pt 1 achieve is already complete, now it is back to leveling alts and waiting for pt 2 to arrive. I'm hopeful for 7.1, but knowing Blizz, it will be 7.2 before it surfaces.