Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Is this DPS chart true?

When I am raiding or doing dungeon I see hunters come first at DPS. But here, MM hunters come last. Also BM hunters are 20. What do you think about this chart? I think thats not a true chart. It is on noxxic.

imgur.com/hHbENDv

Deleted
    Your first mistake was going onto noxxic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deztruction View Post
    Your first mistake was going onto noxxic
    I'm surprised Noxxic is even a thing still.. years of verbal diarrhea...

NEVER trust Noxxic.

Terrible mistake.

I couldn't find on icy veins. Where can I find a true chart?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iilkercetinn View Post
    From personal experiance.

No but seriously, play what you enjoy and let others play what they enjoy.

The only three specs struggling on doing dmg are Ele shamans, Affliction locks and Shadow Priests, most others are fine :P

warcraftlogs DOT com/statistics/10#difficulty=4

Sorry won't let me post the link

Who cares about other charts? The only one hat matters is the one you see when you are in raid.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post

The only three specs struggling on doing dmg are Ele shamans, Affliction locks and Shadow Priests, most others are fine :P
    What dream world do you live in? Shadow priests if you give 2 f's about the class you"ll be playing S2M and will end up close to topping meters. Also OP really you cant go to one of the 10000 logs and see it doesn't hold up and Noxxic addblock it.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Top 2 specs in Mythic (still a small sample) parses right now are affliction locks and shadow priests, according go Warcradtlogs. Even in heroics the spriest is ranked 7th.

Deleted

Yeah, Spriest is really struggling right now, no dmg whatsoever. /sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter what any chart or sim claims to show, BM haters/marks fanbois will always shit on it as if marks deserves to destroy it in numbers for some reason.

Deleted
    It confuses me though, I enjoy playing both MM & BM, I switched over to solely MM instead of swap BM/MM for content. I BM WQs basically.
    Its one class, what is this rivalry of its own specs? If youre in a proper raiding atmosphere youre not here whining. If you arent, well, then you get these forums.

Its the HUNTER CLASS. I find myself enjoying both specs and they can do their respective jobs well, that puts the hunter in "good class" category, not who has the bigger epeen cos spec X

We need a cultural awakening that Spec vs Spec and Class vs Class sims are totally shit unless the sim includes every possible fight type of every possible fight length including every possible AP break point for every spec and every possible gear ilvl of secondary stat for every spec. The sims should also account for Blizzard nerf / buffs for the next two years.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    No matter what any chart or sim claims to show, BM haters/marks fanbois will always shit on it as if marks deserves to destroy it in numbers for some reason.
    Like em both, play them both very well. Sorry MM does destroy it in numbers that is a fact. BM unless further changes happen, just can't even compete in raids. There's no fanboi here, I'm a factboi. BM can shine in dungeons below +5, I really wish it did better, It sure would be easy on me to run around like I used to in raids. This isn't a sim, we have tried every spec in the raids to see what works, I don't even look at sims, I look at our raid logs. facts are facts, sorry.

I don't want any of you to believe me, try it yourselves. If you can't out dps yourself playing MM over BM then stick to what you do best. If you're not hurting your raid team, if they are happy with your output, just keep on doing what your doing, it's all good.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is pretty accurate: https://imgur.com/a/dSVEb

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at the logs. It's a true representation whereas that Noxxic link is wrong. Like it shows Marks being dead last when they're no where near the bottom.

Deleted
    While looking at the logs is fine, its very easy to see that at the top end some specs like sv hunter are very poorly represented which skews the data.

Having said that there's also a big problem in this expac with this kind of data early in where the top classes are prob just straight up made of players which stuck to their spec from the start and basically have more points into their artifact making their damage look higher.

My point isn't that logs can't be used or that they aren't accurate but instead to say that the data isn't complete and as such should be read as a guide and not as definitive answer.

Browsing the WoL data a bit more in-depth it does seem that the top 3 specs for raiding are Shadow Priest, Fire Mage, and MM Hunter. They are the ones most consistently near the top on most fights, with some special cases skewing the overall numbers (like the massive AoE leech that is almost inevitable on Evil-Eye-Tree-Boss-Thing, or the fact that hunters will often pop Brambles on M-Cenarius cutting deep into their damage).

That being said, it's nowhere near a difference that you should be concerned. Most "mainstream" DPS specs are absolutely fine, with the outliers mostly falling to "traditionally" 2nd-rate specs like Frost DK, Frost Mage, Elemental Shaman, or Survival Hunter. Whether that is a problem is another issue altogether, of course.

Deleted
    When I am raiding or doing dungeon I see hunters come first at DPS. But here, MM hunters come last. Also BM hunters are 20. What do you think about this chart? I think thats not a true chart. It is on noxxic.

imgur.com/hHbENDv
    Hunters are insanely strong at the moment. Don't listen to sims as they're generally terrible. The majority of players in raids will never come close to a rotation that sims use while maintaining boss awareness simultaneously.