Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Say what you will but who ever doesn't optimize to kill a progression boss is flat out lazy.

And do not give me "porting out and getting summoned back takes ages" excuse because it will take you a whole 30 sec to do that, assuming you have already researched what talents you will need for that specific encounter and you are prepared beforehand.

Just lazy lazy lazy...
    I'm sorry.... but if you fail a boss, it isnt because someone didnt switch talents, or didnt have a food buff or a flask, the potions, possibly as they provide a decent chunk of dps. But the rest? Just no, they do not have that much of an impact on your performance, they just dont.

It's min-maxing, blizz has stated in the past that no fights are designed around having those consumables on you, and frankly the buffs are so tiny compared to your overall stats that I doubt they really make a difference.

Unless you keep wiping on 1-5% of boss hp, consumables are just a waste of money :P

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    i thought it was neat, all we needed was the tomes etc, but then in practice, with the way mats are and the prices on my server...

the oppurtunity cost of the wasted resources used to create single/group tomes alone is foreboding.

- - - Updated - - -

heroic randoms give you a short timer. WHich is ridiculous because heroics are easy and mythic+ is where its needed.
    The difference is that you can queue for heroics but not for mythics. That means while you are waiting you are doing solo content and it is very possible that you are using Solo-PVE-talents and they do not want people to leave this groups because they forgot to change their talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the spec, some need it while the optimal build for others is the same in all PvE situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I rarely ever change talents anyway. I have my choices that usually work well for me most of the time.

Must be nice to have talents that can work in just about every situation

-warlock reporting in.

I have a soloing spec and a raid spec.

Change before I raid.
    Rest of time in normal spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The difference is that you can queue for heroics but not for mythics. That means while you are waiting you are doing solo content and it is very possible that you are using Solo-PVE-talents and they do not want people to leave this groups because they forgot to change their talents.
    ah i see that point.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    I'm sorry.... but if you fail a boss, it isnt because someone didnt switch talents, or didnt have a food buff or a flask, the potions, possibly as they provide a decent chunk of dps. But the rest? Just no, they do not have that much of an impact on your performance, they just dont.

It's min-maxing, blizz has stated in the past that no fights are designed around having those consumables on you, and frankly the buffs are so tiny compared to your overall stats that I doubt they really make a difference.

Unless you keep wiping on 1-5% of boss hp, consumables are just a waste of money :P
    Just lazy is what i call it flat out lazy.
    Every little bit helps to kill a boss.
    Yes 95% of the times people wipe cause they fckd up a mechanic but that still doesn't mean you have to be sub-optimal spec and sub-optimally prepared.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I have 2 builds, one for raids and one for mythic + only a couple of talents change and I switch before I do the particular activity. I also use the mythic + build for day to day questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I rarely ever change talents anyway. I have my choices that usually work well for me most of the time.
    The problem is that the design ideas behind this talent system is the exact opposite of what you are doing.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    The problem is that the design ideas behind this talent system is the exact opposite of what you are doing.
    I don't see where the "problem" is.

The problem is that they abandonend the old(classic) talent trees because there was "always a cookie cutter build that was better than others and you had not choice".
    With the current iteration you do have a choice, but many people are not using this choice because the system is too inconvenient, rendering the "new" talent system useless in some of its parts, because this people just go for the "Cookie Cutter Build" again and do not switch talents at all.

I have the problem of every time i think about changing my talents, im already in the field. and when i return to town i forget because its no longer really relivent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa View Post
    Same with the druid moonglade teleport.
    I did not know this, awesome.

For someone at your level, it is better to master one set of talents rather than try and min-max for every boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I don't see where the "problem" is.
    Blizzards intention of this talent system compared to the old version was to give you meaningful choices in your talents, and giving the the ability to easily change talents on a fight per fight basis, depending on what you might want.

Now because of the insane cost, people are not changing like they wanted people to.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Just remove the damn tomes and let people swap freely everywhere.. It's not hard -.-
    It's how it was supposed to be until they remember inscription has nothing to sell because they removed glyphs. It's stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm just unable to play according to the old school where you left specs untouched between content patches or even for an entire expansion.
    Lol, i'm doing just that. I just don't find talents that interesting feature. I usually just choose mainly passive talents and use them for 1-2 years. I'm not raiding (other than lfr) though so it does not matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrac View Post
    I did not know this, awesome.
    Also works to the Emerald Dreamway, go into Class hall, re-spec, teleport back to raid.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my Monk, my Talents are the same for all situations.