Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Special-needs boy, 10, doused with gas, set on fire in Texas town

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/06...exas-town.html

Before Kayden Culp was placed in an induced coma on Sunday, the 10-year-old special-needs child who had been lured to a Texas shack, doused with gasoline and set on fire was able to tell his mom the person responsible for the grisly attack needed to face justice: “He hurt me. He set me on fire. He needs to go to jail.”

Authorities had taken into custody Wednesday night one of the three boys – ages 9, 10 and 11 – believed to be involved in the horrific assault in the town of Kerrville. The unnamed juvenile was charged with first-degree arson, Culp’s aunt, Tanya Kasper, told FoxNews.com. But Culp’s family is also hoping additional charges will be levied, particularly because they believe the incident was premeditated.
    Related Image
    culp2 Expand / Contract

Kayden is in an induced coma at University Hospital in San Antonio. (Culp family)

“All the kids are talking, saying, ‘Hey, they set out to do it on purpose,’” Kasper said.

Kayden sustained first- and second-degree burns to nearly a quarter of his body, and, on Thursday, doctors were performing biopsies to determine the degree of skin grafts he would need, Kasper said.

“We want to keep in mind that these are kids, and they do need help,” Kasper said of the perpetrators. “We just want the proper justice done.”

Kasper said it was tough for the family to permit Kayden to go out and play in the first place due to fears others might take advantage of him because of his developmental difficulties.

“It was hard for us to allow him to go play,” she said. “He wasn’t a regular 10 year old; you didn’t know who really had good intentions for him.”

As a “hyperactive” kid, Kayden was “easily picked on every day,” Kasper said. But she also described a happy child who loved football and animals.

“He has a very good personality,” Kasper said. “It just takes patience to deal with Kayden.”

On Sunday, Kayden reportedly was riding his bike when he met up with an acquaintance.

“One of his friends -- who he felt like was his friend -- just happened to take him to the field, and there were kids waiting at the field,” Kasper said.

One boy doused Kayden and another lit him on fire. The degree of involvement of a third child is unknown.

As appalling as the episode was, it was apparently not entirely unforeseeable.

“One has always had issues being destructive and disruptive, and his mom even made the comment that she wasn’t able to handle him,” Kasper said.

A YouCaring page had already raised $21,145 as of Thursday morning – well past the initial $10,000 goal – as Kayden laid in a bed at University Hospital in San Antonio.

“So, basically he’s still on life support,” Kasper said. “We’re just hoping his body fights this off.”
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

How is "trying to burn someone to death with fire" only arson? I thought arson was trying to destroy things with fire, like property.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Sometimes I hate this state so damn much.

10+ Year Old Account
    how the hell is this arson only? Unless we're missing details, NOTHING in Texas law would say this is just arson.

Im going to go with, if no details are missing, retarded small town with retarded small town cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    how the hell is this arson only? Unless we're missing details, NOTHING in Texas law would say this is just arson.

Im going to go with, if no details are missing, retarded small town with retarded small town cops.
    It boggles my mind that this stuff even happens.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Those are the initial charges. There should be more, and I hope the boy's lawyer will see to it.

“We want to keep in mind that these are kids, and they do need help,”
    Boys will be boys is no excuse for intentionally setting someone on fire, that's sociopath level insanity.

what the fuck only getting charged with arson after an attempted murder??
    I'm so glad I got the fuck out of Texas.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/06...exas-town.html

Before Kayden Culp was placed in an induced coma on Sunday, the 10-year-old special-needs child who had been lured to a Texas shack, doused with gasoline and set on fire was able to tell his mom the person responsible for the grisly attack needed to face justice: “He hurt me. He set me on fire. He needs to go to jail.”

Authorities had taken into custody Wednesday night one of the three boys – ages 9, 10 and 11 – believed to be involved in the horrific assault in the town of Kerrville. The unnamed juvenile was charged with first-degree arson, Culp’s aunt, Tanya Kasper, told FoxNews.com. But Culp’s family is also hoping additional charges will be levied, particularly because they believe the incident was premeditated.
    Related Image
    culp2 Expand / Contract

Kayden is in an induced coma at University Hospital in San Antonio. (Culp family)

“All the kids are talking, saying, ‘Hey, they set out to do it on purpose,’” Kasper said.

Kayden sustained first- and second-degree burns to nearly a quarter of his body, and, on Thursday, doctors were performing biopsies to determine the degree of skin grafts he would need, Kasper said.

“We want to keep in mind that these are kids, and they do need help,” Kasper said of the perpetrators. “We just want the proper justice done.”

Kasper said it was tough for the family to permit Kayden to go out and play in the first place due to fears others might take advantage of him because of his developmental difficulties.

“It was hard for us to allow him to go play,” she said. “He wasn’t a regular 10 year old; you didn’t know who really had good intentions for him.”

As a “hyperactive” kid, Kayden was “easily picked on every day,” Kasper said. But she also described a happy child who loved football and animals.

“He has a very good personality,” Kasper said. “It just takes patience to deal with Kayden.”

On Sunday, Kayden reportedly was riding his bike when he met up with an acquaintance.

“One of his friends -- who he felt like was his friend -- just happened to take him to the field, and there were kids waiting at the field,” Kasper said.

One boy doused Kayden and another lit him on fire. The degree of involvement of a third child is unknown.

As appalling as the episode was, it was apparently not entirely unforeseeable.

“One has always had issues being destructive and disruptive, and his mom even made the comment that she wasn’t able to handle him,” Kasper said.

A YouCaring page had already raised $21,145 as of Thursday morning – well past the initial $10,000 goal – as Kayden laid in a bed at University Hospital in San Antonio.

“So, basically he’s still on life support,” Kasper said. “We’re just hoping his body fights this off.”
    It's likely that one kid incited the other two into this. Kids are idiots and easily misled. That one kid though, holy shit. You're pretty fucked up in the head if you do something like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Trump's support for eugenics is already having an impact.

Just imagine what it'll be like if he's elected - he can have a government-run reality TV show where they decide which people to burn alive. (And Trump can say "You're fired" right before the victims are immolated. His cultists will love it.)

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-10-06 at 04:56 PM.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    What the hell is going on in Texas. 9, 10 and 11 yr olds....
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, we're not derailing this with Trump complaints, folks

10+ Year Old Account
    all i'm gonna say is an eye for an eye.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The perps are the ones with real mental issues, or some super shitty parents.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

american dad is correct in texas they execute the mentally ill.

didn't realise it was by being burned alive by 9-11 year olds though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    american dad is correct in texas they execute the mentally ill.

didn't realise it was by being burned alive by 9-11 year olds though.
    Thought that was family guy?

Parents should've kept an eye on that situation, especially when the kind has special needs. Little kids are assholes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    How is "trying to burn someone to death with fire" only arson? I thought arson was trying to destroy things with fire, like property.
    The English word "arson" applies to both people and property, apparently. In Finnish, we have two separate terms for these things; "tuhopoltto", from the words "tuho" and "poltto", translated directly as "destruction burning", and "murhapoltto", from the words "murha" and "poltto", translated directly as "murder burning". If I search for translations of either, they both come up as "arson".

Google Translate as an example:
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-10-06 at 05:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why I expected anything else in this thread. Somehow, the actions of a deranged and obviously sociopathic child speak for the mentality of the entire state of Texas. Someone also managed to fit Trump in there. Impressive.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    what the fuck only getting charged with arson after an attempted murder??
    I'm so glad I got the fuck out of Texas.
    police have to do this thing called "investigate" before they charge people, what they do is start with something obvious that will keep them locked up and not able to flee while they investigate. Then when they have the facts they bring them to the D.A. who then decides what charges will most likely end in a guilty verdict. They can't just go on the word of the victim that these are the people that did it, arrest them and charge them with something as serious as attempted murder.
    Last edited by stabetha; 2016-10-06 at 06:03 PM.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

It's a preliminary charge. If you're a prosecutor, and you have a suspect in custody and there's a complication with what to charge him with, then you charge him with a lesser crime, something that he is indisputably guilty of and is thus very easy to hold them on so that they're not just released, and you add additional charges on later. They do this to buy time, because in the States, you have to be indicted and formally charged with something or the police have to let you go.

In this case, the fact that the kids are so young, they're probably trying to figure out how they can get around family court, or the best way to charge them so they see some real time. In the States, if you're a minor, we tend to go very easy on you so fucking up as a kid doesn't automatically mean you are forever doomed for life with no way to move past it. Unless you brutally murdered someone in cold blood. Then prosecutors tend to go out of their way to hit you as hard as they can with charges. Since the burn victim didn't die, and the perps are all kids, it's going to be very hard to get them to see some real time. The prosecutor is stalling, making sure they don't go anywhere, trying to mull his or her options.

And damn, I used to live in San Antonio. I know exactly where Kerrville is, and this kind of thing is totally beyond the pale. Kerrville is a small town about thirty minutes from S.A.