Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb "Five keys to open the way. Five torches to light our path"

"Five keys to open the way. Five torches to light our path"

So I want to talk about this particular whisper from Il’gynoth....

So many theorize that these are the Pillars of creation and I think that's very valid but I do want to pose an alternative.

The 5 dragon aspects.

The dragon aspects were put into place after the Imprisonment to watch over various aspects of Azeroth, Life, Earth, Time, Magic, and the Wilds.

Now let’s analyze this for a minute, they were put in place to watch over five major parts of the world right after the Old Gods were imprisoned. No biggie. But let go a little deeper and further down the line. Good ol deathwing, the first dragon to fall, corrupted by the whispers of the old gods who reside in the depth of azeroth where he was charged to be. obviously he goes mad and we have the war and the sundering.

Now the Old Gods saw their imprisonment and then Aspects of Dragon created, so the obvious conclusion is, destroy the aspects and they will be free.

Hold on though, even if the aspects aren't there to watch over their assigned part of Azeroth they are still imprisoned under Azeroth in the deep places of our beloved home. Remember that sundering I mentioned earlier.... well let’s look at the events that led to that. Deathwing was corrupted by the whispers of the Old Gods as we all know but what did those whispers tell him. How to create the Demon soul. Which he then used to rip apart Azeroth....breaking up the very prison of the Old Gods. But obviously they are not free.

Now after Deathwing's defeat by the blue dragon flight he retreats to the elemental plane Deepholm the very place that the elemental lords, lieutenants of the old gods resided, however he was now separated from the Old Gods contact. So they are thwarted right? WRONG

They went to work on all the other aspects in the meantime. Malygos already mad from Deathwing's onslaught of his dragonflight was regaining his sanity.....but not if Yogg Saron had anything to say about it. He whispered to Malygos playing on his fears and convincing him that the mortal races should not be allowed to use magic because they would inevitably bring back the burning legion in its full power. Maly declares war on all magic users! This also just strengthens the opinion that the Void Lords and Old Gods just orchestrated the fall of Sargeras to produce the Legion and the Scourge to further their goals. I find it strange that he declares war on all magic users and then Kalecgos who served Malygos closely, cuddles up to Jaina one of the greatest magic users around....and she just so happens to now be spiraling and acting irrationally while letting her fear of the horde consume her. Sound familiar ? I think so!
    And let's not forget Il'gynoths other whisper "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it." Filled it with Kalec the corrupted Blue Dragon as a result of serving Malygos and the crater metaphor for theramore. Maly down, key one down.

Norzdormu, now this guy......yes he seems normal and uncorrupted but let’s flash back a ways to good old BC. Now when the titans imbued Nozdormu with his power and charged him to make sure events take place correctly they also showed him his own death and everything surrounding it so that he would never think he was too powerful to not be destroyed. In BC Norzdormu is gone on a "mission". Then rumors of the Infinite dragonflight pop up and specifically they seem “familiar” to many of the NPC who talk about the rumors in the caverns and In Wrath Chromie sends us to get this powerful item to see who their leader is but when it’s used it only shows us Norzdormu. Chromie just pawns it off as interesting and moves on. I SAY NAY! In fact Norzdormu was whispered to by C'thun who was only a hop skip and jump away from the caverns of time and convinces Norz that he can change his fate and downfall by changing the events of time. He then goes on a "mission" to the future corrupting dragons to be the infinite dragon flight to help alter the events in time and help him thrive and not be defeated! And let’s not forget what Kaz did in the trial of Garrosh!

Next is poor Ysera the dreamer. Now this one was little harder to corrupt because she’s sleeping. However, this one plays to a possible theory of an old god under Duskwood (N’Zoth has alluded to by heartstone and recent whispers). In Duskwood there is a portal to the dream way in a crater that is rumored to be the remains of an old volcano. However many believe an old god resides deep in the earth under Duskwood given the long history of people going mad there. Now even though Ysera would be sleeping and is supposed to be dreaming, she is also having a nightmare. But why. Well If there is an old god under Duskwood where there is a portal in the emerald dream it is within the realm of possibility that that god was whispering into Yseras dreams giving her visions and nightmares of twisted creatures and realities. And then this was reinforced but Xavious finding his corruption and power. And now ….Ysera has fallen key 2 down.

Alexstraza, ahh the Dragon of Life. She is the one Dragon not corrupted…well… we will get to that. But why was she not affected by the old gods. Well ….simply put ….it died before it could do its duty. It could have been good old Y'Shaarj who was supposed to deal with Alex. If this was indeed the fifth Old god who was supposed to corrupt Alexstrasa then that would explain her being unscathed until recently, given Y'Shaarj' removal from this planet. And then Good old Garrosh arrives. Clearly exposed to an Old God and surely driven mad by the god’s power. He put Alexstrasa through ABSOLUTE hell. And I’m sure she was exposed to some Old God goodness in the process, thus furthering the possibility that Garrosh was doing Y'Shaarj's work for him while under his influence. I'm not saying she corrupted but the twisting and abuse of her dragon flight could be enough to start something ark inside her just as it did in Malygos.

Now Deathwing’s escape in cataclysm, it is obvious how destroying Azeroth further would proliferate this plan of the Old Gods to be free. This also opens the way for there lieutenants to come back through to this plane of existence behind Deathwing. Then we step in and help the 4 dragon aspects (Mind you I am saying three of them were already corrupted deep inside.) Kill Neltharion. Boom.

That’s three keys down.

Two to go.

The end is near my friends. Be afraid of the whispers.

Deleted
    This Xal'atath whisper could be related to your theory: It appears the prison of N’zoth is not as strong as it once was. What you see is a tiny growth of the behemoth that may yet consume your world.

What did garrosh do to Alexstrasza? I don't remember that at all

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    nothing.
    he didnt do crap but somehow he got blamed for what happened to her in WC2
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing. Garrosh never touched Alexstraza. That was the Old Horde, when they used the Demon Soul to control her. The Demon Soul itself isn't inherently corrupt, and Deathwing even rebelled against the Old Gods when they tried to use the Soul to free themselves.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worth noting that the Aspects were intended to be the ultimate defense system for Azeroth, and they ultimately used all of their power to stop one of their own that had gone bad. The ultimate defense system was essentially expended in a misfire.

N'Zoth might not have conquered the world with Deathwing, but depriving Azeroth of its greatest shield was still quite the consolation prize.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    He Imprisoned her, forced her to breed and twisted her whelps to his needs.

Edit: The dragonmaw did and he supported them.
    Last edited by woodrikj; 2016-10-06 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodrikj View Post
    he did not.
    geez

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    he did not.
    geez
    I'm just saying, he was explicitly blamed for what happened to her in his trial. So he must have had plenty to do with it.

Edit: The dragonmaw did and he supported them.
    That was Grommash, not Garrosh. Do you even Warcraft 2, Bro?

I'm just saying, he was explicitly blamed for what happened to her in his trial. So he must have had plenty to do with it.
    he wasnt around when that happened.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Under Garrosh's rule the dragonmaw continued what they were doing to the dragons. Do you even war crimes bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Do you? Cause Grom had nothing to do with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh was such a jerk, he wrecked Alex from another planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    alex got captured, tortured and used as a breeding machine by the dragomaw clan during and a bit after the second war.

Formerly known as Arafal

I guess the 5 pillars will be swindled from us by someone and used to release N'Zoth before/during/after Tomb of Sargeras, setting up a bonus raid or the next xpack. Bonus points if it's someone we think is an ally atm. My best bets: Khadgar or Jaina.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2016-10-06 at 07:18 PM.

Perhaps, The Pillars of Creation are one of the defense mechanism to prevent the Hour of Twilight Event from occurring. These Pillars may of been keys to the prisons of the old gods. The Tidestone was broke could be attributed to the death of Y'Shaarj. Despite them being keys they contain enormous magical power. What if at some point they are stole and used to awaken something that would rival even deathwing, rival Ultraxion Perhaps even the likes of Odyn.

This Creature I speak of is Chromatus. He was Incompletely Awoken by the Twilight Father in one of the books and because of the state he was really weak but despite this he was able to hold his own versus The Titan Powered Aspects and Ysera even realized it might of actually been him to cause the coming Hour of Twilight. Despite being The aspects finally being able to defeat this creature they were not able to destroy it instead they were forced to seal it away. One theory could be that someone will steal the Pillars of creation and use it to awaken a once again Dormant Chromatus the 5 headed Chromatic Dragon from his prison which may of been stolen somehow. Info on Chromatus: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Chromatus
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    I guess the 5 pillars will be swindled from us by someone and used to release N'Zoth before/during/after Tomb of Sargeras, setting up a bonus raid or the next xpack. Bonus points if it's someone we think is an ally atm. My best bets: Khadgar or Jaina.
    Next expansion, most likely since blizz likes to do these segways nowaday.
    It would be really fun if instead of the "khadgar was evil/possesed the whole" story, it was an accident, Khadgar, in all good intent accidentaly used the pillars to unleash the krake- N'zoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Norzdormu, now this guy......yes he seems normal and uncorrupted but let’s flash back a ways to good old BC. Now when the titans imbued Nozdormu with his power and charged him to make sure events take place correctly they also showed him his own death and everything surrounding it so that he would never think he was too powerful to not be destroyed. In BC Norzdormu is gone on a "mission". Then rumors of the Infinite dragonflight pop up and specifically they seem “familiar” to many of the NPC who talk about the rumors in the caverns and In Wrath Chromie sends us to get this powerful item to see who their leader is but when it’s used it only shows us Norzdormu. Chromie just pawns it off as interesting and moves on. I SAY NAY! In fact Norzdormu was whispered to by C'thun who was only a hop skip and jump away from the caverns of time and convinces Norz that he can change his fate and downfall by changing the events of time. He then goes on a "mission" to the future corrupting dragons to be the infinite dragon flight to help alter the events in time and help him thrive and not be defeated! And let’s not forget what Kaz did in the trial of Garrosh!
    Although the specific circumstances of Nozdormu's corruption aren't known, it has already been dealt with in the End Time dungeon in an alternative timeway where the Old Gods were successful in implementing the Hour of Twilight. Since his corruption is apparently from the further future (at least based on contextual clues from Nozdormu at the close of the End Time dungeon) and as C'Thun is at present dead and beyond influencing other individuals, then the source of Nozdormu's corruption must be somewhere or someone else.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Neither Grom nor Garrosh had anything to do with what happened to Alexstrasza. That was Nekros Skullcrusher and Zuluhed the Whacked. And that was during the Second War and not the Horde Alliance war 20 years later. Filthy Casuals.

- - - Updated - - -

Also there 30 pages on his whispers in a thread on this very subforum.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs