Deleted
    if SD is up should you wait for 3 FR before using MS, or just use MS straight away?

MS straight away

I thought it was better to wait for 3 stacks of FR before MS. Seems like this shit changes every week; I can't keep up lol. So are we back to just using MS off cooldown?

Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    I thought it was better to wait for 3 stacks of FR before MS. Seems like this shit changes every week; I can't keep up lol. So are we back to just using MS off cooldown?
    Well every time they tuned Arms they changed the optimal gameplay. Now you MS on cooldown regardless of FR, the only time you go for 3 FR stacks purposely is just before using BC and during BC in the Execute phase.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    and during BC in the Execute phase.
    Well and even this^ is a one time thing as I understand it. If I'm understanding things correctly MS3FR does slightly more damage than Execute. However the only time you can efficiently get up to 3FR is during BC where you are spamming it in parallel to execute. So that on the last GCD of BC, you can replace that one execute with the MS3FR that does slightly more damage.

Having said that, I personally don't know that that "slightly more damage" is worth the complexity in the grand scheme of things and personally will only be using execute and not worrying about FR building and MS.

Deleted
    I was thinking of how Arms would be a bit smoother and my suggestion would be to extend CS debuff for 1-2 seconds on critical strike. This would be a buff that would keep the identity of the class, probably make non-FR builds a bit stronger, increase efficiency of crit and provide a better control of the CS debuff while not directily increasing our dmg.

What do you think?

Deleted
    So I got a 865 Spontaneous Appendages and I have no idea what to do with it. It's far down on the BiS list for Arms but people say it's vastly undervalued atm. How does it compare against a Str/Mas 840 and a Str/Has 845?

I got a 865 counterweight and I feel like I get much less out of it than a 845 anger boda. I wish I had an 890 anger boda I love that trinket

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    I got a 865 counterweight and I feel like I get much less out of it than a 845 anger boda. I wish I had an 890 anger boda I love that trinket
    Angerboda is love, Angerboda is life.
    (Except when it only gives you crit procs, while having BC active)
    Last edited by Drianaa; 2016-10-06 at 10:56 AM.

True that it's my fav trinket this expac so far. When I see it proc green on the pull and my mastery goes up 4200 I'm so happy

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abenbobo View Post
    So I got a 865 Spontaneous Appendages and I have no idea what to do with it. It's far down on the BiS list for Arms but people say it's vastly undervalued atm. How does it compare against a Str/Mas 840 and a Str/Has 845?
    it does 5%-6% of my dps, sometimes 14%

keep in mind, CS effects its damage

I'm getting better result at not using MS straight away but, instead, aiming for the next FR if it's internal cooldown is about to expire.

Is there a link to the new Trinket rankings? Only one i can find is from September. Thanks!

Is it worth it to delay BC and wait for a CS proc? I've noticed my damage during BC sucks if CS isn't up because you get 3x slams and 1 MS. However, waiting for a CS proc can also be dangerous if you're (un)lucky enough to get a 20-30s window of no procs. A similar question would be if BC is coming off cooldown very soon(1-2 GCD), is it worth it to save a CS proc so you're guaranteed to hit like a truck during BC? I'm basically just looking for optimal times to use BC and if those conditions are not met when BC comes off cooldown, what the appropriate response should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaylen View Post
    Well and even this^ is a one time thing as I understand it. If I'm understanding things correctly MS3FR does slightly more damage than Execute. However the only time you can efficiently get up to 3FR is during BC where you are spamming it in parallel to execute. So that on the last GCD of BC, you can replace that one execute with the MS3FR that does slightly more damage.

Having said that, I personally don't know that that "slightly more damage" is worth the complexity in the grand scheme of things and personally will only be using execute and not worrying about FR building and MS.
    FR building while spamming execute during BC will help to proc tactician as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by figglesfiggles View Post
    Is it worth it to delay BC and wait for a CS proc? I've noticed my damage during BC sucks if CS isn't up because you get 3x slams and 1 MS. However, waiting for a CS proc can also be dangerous if you're (un)lucky enough to get a 20-30s window of no procs. A similar question would be if BC is coming off cooldown very soon(1-2 GCD), is it worth it to save a CS proc so you're guaranteed to hit like a truck during BC? I'm basically just looking for optimal times to use BC and if those conditions are not met when BC comes off cooldown, what the appropriate response should be.
    I would say it is worth it, hope to god it doesnt take cs to long to become available.

Quote Originally Posted by McJiggles View Post
    Is there a link to the new Trinket rankings? Only one i can find is from September. Thanks!
    This would be much appreciated from me as well . Can't find a decent trinket rankings list.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2016-10-06 at 05:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarriorPriest View Post
    One quick question, how can you be rage capping at <20% when you're spamming Execute. Fuze's guide says to FR if rage capping on a non BC Execute phase..
    Chances are you wont rage cap.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankminimia View Post
    Chances are you wont rage cap.
    Could happen if you get CS procc on CS procc on CS procc. Making that PS kick in making you unable to spend the rage.

If I wanted to learn arms does anyone have any recommended guides or videos? That would cover everything I need to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anbokr View Post
    This would be much appreciated from me as well . Can't find a decent trinket rankings list.
    I'd be happier with knowing if SimCraft sims trinkets correctly - or which trickets are simmed correctly and which not.
    Because I just got an 880 Nature's Call - I already heard, that it's supposed to be super shitty, but being ~3k DPS behind a 845 Memento of Angerboda makes me sad.