Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And, right here, is why its pointless to rush in and play a exspansion on launch unless you do just enjoy the game or have guilds...

C A T CH U P mechanics every fucking patch since end of vanilla. Why people bother slave away on launch...
    sometimes getting ahead early is helpful.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    sometimes getting ahead early is helpful.
    Only reason anyone would play at launch besides the 2 I mentioned would be gold farming (professions etc). Rest doesn't matter shit.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Only reason anyone would play at launch besides the 2 I mentioned would be gold farming (professions etc). Rest doesn't matter shit.
    pathfinder.
    people working on pathfinder now will get it sooner than people coming to Legion later.

And, right here, is why its pointless to rush in and play a exspansion on launch unless you do just enjoy the game or have guilds...

C A T CH U P mechanics every fucking patch since end of vanilla. Why people bother slave away on launch...
    Uh...why would you play the game if you don't enjoy it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemondish View Post
    I cannot disagree more with your assessment of Suramar. It has been, hands down, the most engaging and enjoyable zone I have ever played in this game and I credit the questing experience for that. The story certainly keeps me invested, as well.

And Withered Army Training has been so much fun! You guys are weird.
    Withered training was fun the first few times but I haven't done it since I got exalted ~2 weeks ago.

I think a lot of people don't like Suramar because in every other expansion once you hit max level the quests "stop" whereas now you still have probably a couple hundred left to do in Suramar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love both of these changes.

I am hoping they give in on faster rep gain for alts once you reach exalted on your main, like they did in MoP.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have crazy idea - maybe playing Legion is... fun? You know, like most video games?

All they need to do to make AK more alt friendly is to unlock it at lvl 101 and not 110.

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    This is just dishonest. There is no way you're friendly with every single faction and you're still just 103. I'm usually a good chunk into 110 before I hit friendly on everything, usually as there's atleast 1,5 zones left when you ding 110. Even when focusing on getting rep to friendly, then just leaving for the next zone, you're still gonna be a higher level than that, and that's if we ignore nightfallen, which is still 110 content exclusively.
    It may have been higher, around 104-105. Still, it can be reached long before 110, so really, they are saving us nothing with this change. And yes, i was ignoring nightfallen, but how long does friendly take with them, 30 min? Still very meaningless changes in my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say, I do indeed play legion because i enjoy it.

Bad news for me.
    Now my alts have a chance getting the CoS/AW keystone.

pathfinder.
    people working on pathfinder now will get it sooner than people coming to Legion later.
    Not really. People joining later will grind a lot less. Rep farm groups everywhere, gear comes easier and the propor rep farming methods/guides will be out.

Look I enjoy WoW, I really do, BUT - There are other games out there. Why slave away when you can get it all easier ? Again if you commit to guilds or enjoy game go for it

We are playing a broken game anyway on launch. Bug fixes, balances and promised features are not there.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2016-10-07 at 03:11 PM.

Are all world quests going to be open or does your alt have to do some that only open up if you do the quest? I find you get a lot of AP while doing quests especially end story lines and there are like 5-8 of them per zone that you would be missing out on.

i would say November to January is the window.
    It'll make sense to come out very very close to Blizzcon, like maybe the very next reset after blizzcon. Nighthold is set to release in early 2017 (I'd say mid-end january), so I don't see 7.1 being released right before christmas, or in january.

Not really. People joining later will grind a lot less. Rep farm groups everywhere, gear comes easier and the propor rep farming methods/guides will be out.

Look I enjoy WoW, I really do, BUT - There are other games out there. Why slave away when you can get it all easier ? Again if you commit to guilds or enjoy game go for it

We are playing a broken game anyway on launch. Bug fixes, balances and promised features are not there.
    people coming later will have to work on all parts.
    people who have been here from the start will only be on the last part, therefore they will get it sooner.

people coming later will have to work on all parts.
    people who have been here from the start will only be on the last part, therefore they will get it sooner.
    In strictly speaking yes, but the time it took them compared to the time it will take a late comer will be a lot less

Quote Originally Posted by Exer View Post
    It'll make sense to come out very very close to Blizzcon, like maybe the very next reset after blizzcon. Nighthold is set to release in early 2017 (I'd say mid-end january), so I don't see 7.1 being released right before christmas, or in january.
    nighthold i think is early February, maybe late January.
    probably more 7.1 (maybe hints at 7.2) stuff at blizzcon and 7.1 being released like a week after is my guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirofune View Post
    That's not the point. Of course your alt is gonna get close to your main eventually as the current system is, but for example, if I started an alt now, the amount of time I've played in my main (18 days at lvl 110) and that amount of AP is something my alt will never ever get close to.

I'm at the point in which my next trait costs 183k AP. Even with the AK going slighty faster, the difference is huge at those traits, and is not something that an alt can catch up with in 1-2 weeks.

Legion is very alt unfriendly, whether you like or not. As it stands it is practically impossible to make an alt and get it ready for Mythic raiding within 2 weeks.
    Actual do that. Start an alt, get him to max lvl and start doing AK. I will bet that you will within a short amount playtime (yes, you actual have to play a character to get them into raiding form) you will see that you are getting pretty close to your main in AP. As many raid guides say, getting the first 2 traits in your weapon is the first and most important thing to do in WoD, which can be done within a reasonable amount of time. Atm, you get that pretty fast with boosted AK

So, Legion is not alt unfriendly, it is just not alt friendly. Blizzard is not fighting you if you want to make an alt, all they are saying is "You will have to put effort and time into an alt. We don't want the characters which you are leveling after your first, to be characters who ride in slipstreame of your other characters". So yes, it is impossible to get an alt into mythic raiding condition in 2 weeks, but that is proberly how it should be.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    The AK catch-up should be tweaked a bit. Right now, it takes 5 days for the server's inherent AK to rise one level, and so does your AK research. So, in order to keep up with the inherent AK, you do those 5 day researches. However, once you start researching on your alt, what should happen is that your research takes only 24 hours (1 day) until it fully catches up with the server's inherent AK level.

Right now, if you start a new alt, even if the inherent AK is at like 7 or something, your first AK research is still going to take like 3 days, instead of 1 day.

I'm hoping that once the inherent AK has risen to 25 (which I believe is the cap), that's when your AK research starts going through real fast on your alts. But, it might be that it'll still take a stupidly long time to get to AK 25 on your alts.

shouldnt the artifact point buff thing be account wide instead of per character?
    wouldnt that be better overall?

Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    I mean, it's a step in the right direction, but pretty useless changes. Not having access to 2 more dungeons on my alts isn't something that bothered me, and you could reach friendly with all the reps by level 103 or so, long before world quests are even unlocked.
    How do you reach friendly with all reps by 103? First off you don't do suramar till 110 so impossible to have nightfallen rep to friendly before then. Next by 103 one has maybe opened two areas at best if not still only one. That leaves two areas and thus rep can completely undone. It is not possible to have all rep to friendly by 103.
    Heck with bonus xp from rested one will level even faster again making that impossible