Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Nythredra is extremely stressfull , i cant do shit in this fight , i can barely save myself , these insects appear randomly
    Well yeah, they are random, but the radius of damage is only 8 yards and you have time to move out of it. Literally everyones focus should be staying alive then DPS after. For healers you can move a bit then heal. Even on mythic I can take 2-3 hits before I die, so the damage isn't super unforgiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Teleport was removed in 7.0. It's a talent now.
    Oh my bad then. Still tele is godly.
    That's for all lock specs right?

Deleted
    Holy priest is pure garbage and the last pick for both mythic+ dungeons and mythic progression raids for a massive amount of reason.

basically, holy paladin is a twice as good version of the holy priest

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Holy priest is pure garbage and the last pick for both mythic+ dungeons and mythic progression raids for a massive amount of reason.

basically, holy paladin is a twice as good version of the holy priest
    Alright all. Can we close the forums? Sounds like we're done here

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    Alright all. Can we close the forums? Sounds like we're done here
    its a fact my man

its a fact my man
    Opinions are not facts. You also can't conclude that because top guilds chose not to run one in mythic raids. I've had no problem healing Mythic+ holy. I've had no problem healing raids as Holy either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Opinions are not facts. You also can't conclude that because top guilds chose not to run one in mythic raids. I've had no problem healing Mythic+ holy. I've had no problem healing raids as Holy either.
    Of course you don't, because basically all heals except disc(outside of his niche fights) are somewhat balanced. But when you start to get the absolute best out of your raid composition, holy priest makes for the worst choice. The raidcooldown is STILL after all these years stationary, we barely have anything to heal on the run. Our flash heal, compared to paladins, is very weak and only our mastery makes it somewhat strong, if it gets to tick.

And doing m+8 and upwards is just a fucking nightmare, random abilities like the attacks from the HoV trash simply oneshot you without any control over it.

Of course you don't, because basically all heals except disc(outside of his niche fights) are somewhat balanced. But when you start to get the absolute best out of your raid composition, holy priest makes for the worst choice. The raidcooldown is STILL after all these years stationary, we barely have anything to heal on the run. Our flash heal, compared to paladins, is very weak and only our mastery makes it somewhat strong, if it gets to tick.
    If you are trying to compete with a holy paladin in a ST healing situation, of course holy will lose, that's a pallies strength. Now if we want to do massive raid wide healing on a spreadout group of clumps, we'll win. Holy paladins excel at tank healing, Holy Priests can do it, they just aren't the best and that's not a weakness. As for dungeons, a holy priest is just as viable as a holy paladin, we just bring different utility that the group needs to realize how to utilize.
    And doing m+8 and upwards is just a fucking nightmare, random abilities like the attacks from the HoV trash simply oneshot you without any control over it.
    You absolutely have control over it, that's exactly why CC exists in the game. Get a stun rotation going, don't DR your stuns on top of each other. If you can't kill 2 trash packs in 10-15 seconds and move out of extremely telegraphed AoE then that's not a fault of the class, but you failing mechanics.

Yeah, I really wish they didn't take away inner fire. Physical damage wrecks us.

I wouldn't mind being so vulnerable so much if we were mobile. But Blizzard is turning Holy Priest into more and more of a turret healer.

I swear that Blizz's class fantasy for holy priest is martyrdom (why they gave us improved death).

You absolutely have control over it, that's exactly why CC exists in the game. Get a stun rotation going, don't DR your stuns on top of each other. If you can't kill 2 trash packs in 10-15 seconds and move out of extremely telegraphed AoE then that's not a fault of the class, but you failing mechanics.
    Or.. just bring a Holy Paladin and not worry about CC'ing? In your perfect little imaginary world where Holy Priests are the only healer in the game your suggestion might work. But here in the real world people just bring a class that doesnt get randomly one shotted.

Deleted
    ah yes the good old git gud phrase, classy classy

tell me, how exactly do you survive the random lightning bolts/chain lightning that the mobs in HoV cast? They quite literally oneshot you. Sure you can have a stun rotation, but as you might be aware, you can only bring 5 classes and your setup doesn't always have 5 classes that can stun.

And not to mention that some trash packs outlive these stuns, and then you just have to take it. my pally just bubbles. What do you do?

If you are trying to compete with a holy paladin in a ST healing situation, of course holy will lose, that's a pallies strength. Now if we want to do massive raid wide healing on a spreadout group of clumps, we'll win. Holy paladins excel at tank healing, Holy Priests can do it, they just aren't the best and that's not a weakness. As for dungeons, a holy priest is just as viable as a holy paladin, we just bring different utility that the group needs to realize how to utilize.

Look, I don't know how you can even say this when you yourself only did 2 dungeons on Mythic+ that doesn't even inlclude DHT or HoV on the character in your links.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephthysis View Post
    We just had a discussion on this in the Holy Priest thread. It's not a case of "Druids have a Bres, why don't I get one?". It's that every other healer has access to personal DR baseline (even Disc has PWB) and every other healer gets a movement ability baseline (except Disc and they don't have to pay the opportunity cost that we do). We don't have access to DR at all, except through Focused Will that cannot be triggered in the places we need it. Dantalionax is the most egregious example because your tank also probably needs an external cd before the buff goes out (Guardians of the Light time), but there are plenty of others: Xavius, HoV trash stun/chain lightning combo, jagged disc assholes, etc.

As mentioned, there's a reason there were *zero* holy priests taken to any of the top Mythic EN kills, and throughput isn't it. Even Discipline got used on quite a few fights.
    I can't help making a sadface when I hear Barrier is a personal DR ability. It feels about as efficiently used for that as GS feels for holy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss Desperate Prayer so much when things go wrong

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    Did +9 and Xavius has an actual one shot mechanic for cloth. How do you swing that one?
    Save GA for yourself.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spirit of Redemption is Holy's personal CD. Other healers don't have that.

ah yes the good old git gud phrase, classy classy

tell me, how exactly do you survive the random lightning bolts/chain lightning that the mobs in HoV cast? They quite literally oneshot you. Sure you can have a stun rotation, but as you might be aware, you can only bring 5 classes and your setup doesn't always have 5 classes that can stun.

And not to mention that some trash packs outlive these stuns, and then you just have to take it. my pally just bubbles. What do you do?
    Run around like a chicken with my head cutoff praying I don't get targeted?

Seriously though, if you're in that situation, yes holy has a problem. You can still adapt to the group though, CC one of those guys before the pull, keep them CC'd and play to your groups strengths. You can't just yolo pull packs and expect to live without burning a CD or getting one-shot by mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by worcester View Post
    Look, I don't know how you can even say this when you yourself only did 2 dungeons on Mythic+ that doesn't even inlclude DHT or HoV on the character in your links.
    Well, that's odd considering I did both of those last week. Perhaps armory is lagging behind again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolo View Post
    Honestly, SoR should not be considered a personal CD considering you die at the end of it. What if in the beginning of a boss fight you get targeted by a 1-shot ability and die then you're dead the rest of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartolo View Post
    I assume you're joking but with the legendary that effectively becomes true.

now if only that would drop....or any legendary for that matter...

Recently switched to holy from shadow because I HATE StM, and sometimes I can't stay alive for shit. It's like I have to save my instants such as Guardian Spirit for myself to survive mechanics where I take damage while moving. Getting really frustrated. Also why the hell should Desperate Prayer compete with Feathers, or be a talent at all?
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hablix View Post
    Also why the hell should Desperate Prayer compete with Feathers, or be a talent at all?
    I assume some developers believe that Focused Will is a good defensive ability. Maybe you're supposed to agro some random critters and have them hit you for negligible damage to keep it active.

Or maybe they think that the SoR + Legendary will fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by 4dahorde View Post
    Why does everyone want the exact same fucking thing for every class?? You have your strengths and weaknesses, as do they. I play a holy priest..and you know what...I have yet to be outhealed on any EN fight.

If you are worried about HAVING to help your team when moving, then the other healers that CAN do more while moving, are not doing enough. Holy priests right now are fine overall, please for the love of god, stop wanting every single class to be exactly the same in output/CDs/movement, etc. They aren't and shouldn't be. Every class has strengths and weaknesses..play to your strengths, and everyone does that, you will win everytime.
    There there. Some people were born into this game during the homogenization era of WoW. Strengths/Weaknesses concept is going to take some getting used to for people.