Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Yeah they can? Memento is a proc, not on-use. (In fact, Memento is THREE procs, and you have have 0, 1, 2 or 3 active at any time, regardless of 2nd trinket!)

If you want to compare a couple of items, you can do that really fast on Ask Mr. robot. Here's a super short video to demonstrate. Hit me up if you have any questions

@Minoan We update all data within 24 hours of changes. In fact, we test all changes to in-game data, as well as comparing all trinkets to actual logs. We're very thorough and when we figure these things out we pass them along to SimC. Like the Twisting Wind - we went through hundreds of logs to find an average number of times the cyclones hit. Then we gave that info to SimC so they could update their data. We like to share back and forth.

All regular simulations within a 0.25% margin of error are done on our web servers because they only take a few seconds, so having a few hundred thousand of those a day, for example, we can handle. But for things like trinket batches or gearing strategies which can take 5 or 30 minutes... a few hundred thousand of those would not work out well
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

@Zoopercat
    2014-2015, your shadow priest sim never stopped at GCD cap and I needed to put it in myself, every single time. And it was not some special 2t16only rule, it was common knowledge.
    2015 rogue sims went full retarded, thanks to shadowcraft I no longer needed your help.
    2016 pre-EN raid week your sim shows my DH should go master>crit=vers when absolutely the same parameters on SimC from the same armory were giving me right stat weights. That's when my hope was lost completely
    Good luck to all the pallies who are considering using AMR, but do it carefully before you will follow the *get 54% haste gear from your bags* because you paid to put a cap/sim your weights yourself, separately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

@Minoan I'm not sure I follow. Our simulator (on ask mr robot) didn't launch until Legion. Are you thinking of SimC? Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying? (It's late, so that's a real possibility!)

Just to vonfirm: Yes, Memento and FCM can be active at the same time.

If it's a worthwhile combination I can not say at this point got to test and sim some more.

Guys, i came here looking for a thread like this, cuz i super dont know what to do.
    okay, i found a few lists showing the best pre-raid trinkets to have. Okay that is straight up. But the deal is i have Hunger of the Pack 850 [ one of the best available AND 850 ], and one 835 stg + haste [ awsome to help get to the haste 30% ] and other 850 stg crit [ exactly like hunger of the pack ]. Now my question, FCM, Horn of Valor, and other trinkets are better than the straight STG + secondary stat? Cuz lots of STG increases the dmg of all my attacks, and the secondary stats are up at all times. So my question is, there is a trinket that u know that is better than the ones from WQ with only STG and secondary stats?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wuzzle View Post
    Just to vonfirm: Yes, Memento and FCM can be active at the same time.

If it's a worthwhile combination I can not say at this point got to test and sim some more.
    Has Memento been buffed or something? got an 840 one launch week but replaced it with a STR/Crit trink from WQs because it simmed like ****

@Zoopercat you really are not following, just like your product, because 1 week before Raids, 3 weeks into legion, your simulations, that were running with your software on my computer, were giving me the most inadequate results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    Guys, i came here looking for a thread like this, cuz i super dont know what to do.
    okay, i found a few lists showing the best pre-raid trinkets to have. Okay that is straight up. But the deal is i have Hunger of the Pack 850 [ one of the best available AND 850 ], and one 835 stg + haste [ awsome to help get to the haste 30% ] and other 850 stg crit [ exactly like hunger of the pack ]. Now my question, FCM, Horn of Valor, and other trinkets are better than the straight STG + secondary stat? Cuz lots of STG increases the dmg of all my attacks, and the secondary stats are up at all times. So my question is, there is a trinket that u know that is better than the ones from WQ with only STG and secondary stats?
    One on use trinket that will synergize with your burst will be the way to go unless the diff in trinkets would be around 20-25 ilvls from what I recall
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    @Zoopercat
    2014-2015, your shadow priest sim never stopped at GCD cap and I needed to put it in myself, every single time. And it was not some special 2t16only rule, it was common knowledge.
    2015 rogue sims went full retarded, thanks to shadowcraft I no longer needed your help.
    @Minoan if I am missing something in this statement, mind pointing it out? You are talking about problems with simulations, but we never had a simulator until legion. Are you talking about gear optimization? Optimization and simulation are very different things, and optimizations don't look at GCDs, that's what simulators do.

Also, what trinket reports are you doing that aren't working. Post a couple of report URLs for our simulator and your logs and I will take a look. I want to make sure your sims are setup correctly, as sometimes they take a bit of help to get right.

When I'm using Best in Slot gear for my ret, mr.robot says best is Counterweight and Ursoc's Paw. While I personaly use Counterweight (cuz I cannot get FCM >.<) and somewhat like it if it procs while Crusade is up, Ursoc I don't think it's BiS for ret (it only gives a lot of str) and it tries to replace my haste/crit, haste/versa items with something+mastery.

ursoc is hated on because its tooltip is bugged. it doesn't actually just do like 10k damage over 8 sec, that would be utterly bonkers and beaten by any blue double stat trinket. I think the tick itself scales with your strength somehow and mine ticks for something like 20k every 2 sec.

edit: alternatively the damage may just work like ignite where multiple instances of the buff can be active next to each other (and their displayed damage is merged, if multiple are active currently), so each of your crits has a chance to have a 10k dot added to it, which would be insane for smaller damaging abilities.
    Last edited by stolker; 2016-10-10 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post
    ursoc is hated on because its tooltip is bugged. it doesn't actually just do like 10k damage over 8 sec, that would be utterly bonkers and beaten by any blue double stat trinket. I think the tick itself scales with your strength somehow and mine ticks for something like 20k every 2 sec.

edit: alternatively the damage may just work like ignite where multiple instances of the buff can be active next to each other (and their displayed damage is merged, if multiple are active currently), so each of your crits has a chance to have a 10k dot added to it, which would be insane for smaller damaging abilities.
    I can confirm this; it seems to tick for the 10k about every 2 seconds and mine has crit for about 20k a tick as well. It sims higher than my memento of angerboda which isn't that great of a trinket but it does sim higher so I honestly don't know. I use it for an extended period of time and the dot just still doesn't do enough damage to justify the trinket (on single target at least).

got myself 665 UAC and Mythic FCM +4.
    Any tips on imporvement?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    got myself 665 UAC and Mythic FCM +4.
    Any tips on imporvement?
    get the same trinkets but on 895 ...

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    get the same trinkets but on 895 ...
    naah, that is too obvious

Deleted
    naah, that is too obvious
    showoff ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stolker View Post

Personally, I hate on it because I've used it and found it to be meh. Even on a single target fight I would rather have a stat stick trinket. Maybe with an obscene amount of crit and haste, the effect would be useful. Still, it turns to complete dogshit the instant you're attacking multiple targets or even switching between them. Why sims are saying it's a good choice is beyond me.

showoff ...
    Not even once.

Just pondering about Ursoc Caressing Paw, actually

Deleted
    Not even once.

Just pondering about Ursoc Caressing Paw, actually
    ok not showoff but retard. don´t even think along that line.
    hold onto the paw for the off chance they make them worthwhile

ok not showoff but retard. don´t even think along that line.
    hold onto the paw for the off chance they make them worthwhile
    Not a retard either, but keep digging, it might even produce some amusement
    While we're at it, Mechanicus are dumb wrenchbots and coghumpers