Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    845 is a good ilvl for NH LFR. It's lower than EN Normal, but can TF up to match EN Mythic. It still drops augment runes, and you can still get legendaries.

Getting decent gear from LFR would be ridiculous - so far in EN you can ignore nearly every mechanic - ursoc charges, dragon swaps (just stack them)... If you got good gear from them, this would be dumb.

The guild I'm in <Troll Company>, cleared Normal Mode twice and now we've dropped it from our rotation to focus on 6/7 H EN.

LFG is just an utter after-thought, I'm so happy that there is nothing compelling me to set foot in LFR (I went once and left after the first wipe).
    Glad to see that NH LFR will similarly be a total side-story that even two-night a week raid guilds can side-step.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumstein View Post
    845 is a good ilvl for NH LFR. It's lower than EN Normal, but can TF up to match EN Mythic. It still drops augment runes, and you can still get legendaries.
    Yes, makes perfect sense, 6 months into the expansion in the 2nd Raid LFR gear is a whole gigantic 5 iLevels above the class hall set that you could start working on at release.

Makes about as much sense as Mythic NH dropping 905 which makes "Legendaries" not look very legendary at all.

The gear progression in Legion makes little sense.

item levels are not final yet. they recently buffed the Karazhan 7.1 item levels so we'll see. It will prob be 15 item levels lower than normal.

Deleted
    either give lfr some decent gear and fun gameplay, or remove it entirely. no one needs some half-assed shit.

Quote Originally Posted by assman View Post
    Isnt the point of LFR to let people see content? The gear is supposed to be just a bonus. If you want better gear then you should have to raid.
    if you just want to see content, use youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelraxx View Post
    I find more elitist jerks in LFR than anywhere else, true story.
    most jerks in lfr have always been normal/heroic raiders who think they are too cool for the place and have to make sure everyone in the raid knows it

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    most jerks in lfr have always been normal/heroic raiders who think they are too cool for the place and have to make sure everyone in the raid knows it
    I guess we've had different experiences, in the past I just turned instance chat off- but now that LFR uses raid chat.. welp.

With titanforging it's probably still worth doing.

Someone got 880 gloves in my LFR that I did today.

Not to mention free augment runes, artifact power and the chance of legendaries.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    that isn't an lfr problem that is blizzard refusing to take harsh measures against idiots, that is true even in the forum, if blizzard give them 1 month ban when getting the report you could be pretty damn sure no one gonna troll, ffs mmo-c moderation rules are better than the official forum.

- - - Updated - - -

that isn't true i do lfr regularly and the 99% groups get the job done fast and easy
    Some of the problem with that is deciding who is just really shitty at the game and who is actively trying to screw people over. Having said that I wish the came crashing down on ppl that vocally troll the groups or admit to screwing with people just to ruin a raid for 20 something strangers.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

This not right IMO, the more gap there is between normal - lfr the more difficult for players to jump from LFR-> Normal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    that isn't an lfr problem that is blizzard refusing to take harsh measures against idiots, that is true even in the forum, if blizzard give them 1 month ban when getting the report you could be pretty damn sure no one gonna troll, ffs mmo-c moderation rules are better than the official forum.

- - - Updated - - -

that isn't true i do lfr regularly and the 99% groups get the job done fast and easy
    It's not about how easy it is, because it *is* easy no matter what.
    But they need like ~6 minutes to kill a boss, the trash takes very long too, which means you are looking at ~30min per wing. For rewards that are inferior to WQs (which are done in ~5m)

Makes me really glad that Blizzard is trying to push LFR away a little bit.

Doesn't matter how much I try to understand it, I just can't. I just can't understand how people want such a mind numbing tool and "experience" that does nothing for the game, OR the players. It does absolutely nothing to be interesting and engaging content.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habix View Post
    would be pretty annoying though..
    "Oh, we only got 6/7 HC this week, guess we have to go clear a full normal wile getting nothing from the first 6 bosses in there"
    If you cleared 6/7HC, then dropped down to normal, the first 6 bosses would be dead and you just kill the 7th boss on normal.

Pretty simply solution to that.

10 vs 25 Wrath raids already do this, when they used to be separate lockouts during Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post

Doesn't matter how much I try to understand it, I just can't. I just can't understand how people want such a mind numbing tool and "experience" that does nothing for the game, OR the players. It does absolutely nothing to be interesting and engaging content.
    I think most people, or rather, most people here on MMO-C just like the fact that you don't have to manually make groups or be vetted or whatever to do some content. Most of us, too, would probably be entirely fine if it were considerably more challenging. (But the nature of it means that'll probably never happen). So, I think that's the core appeal, in so far as you just get to play the game without having to do other things before you're allowed to play the game.

I can understand why some people don't like the idea of that, either they want restrictions on what players have access to, or they want things to be social, or they want guilds to be important, or whatever. Neither one is wrong, IMHO.

Deleted
    LFR needs to be more challenging with better rewards for non-raiders like me. I mean when I did it this week I was really tired after work and I basically did no DPS taking it very easy. I knew it would be faceroll anyway. Very un-rewarding.

If there was some sort of challenge and reward it would work much better.

People here don't like being judged. I understand that.
    But if you want to come in a group with the ntent to do hard content when your gear is subpar, don't expect everyone to want you with them. That's why groups are as they are. Everyone wants to be carried, noone wants to carry. That's fine, though. There are always players at lower gear levels. However the issue is that players at lower gear levels often dislike being with other players at low gear levels.

My hunter is currently 849. I haven't done anything since EN launched. But I'm sitting at fairly well optimized gear, enchanted gear and consumables for M+
    I don't see many other people at my gear progression level doing the same.

LFR caters to the group of people who want to raid but are unwilling to prepare to raid. Which is fine. I feel like more effort should be rewarded, though. People who put in more effort to do higher/harder content should be rewarded better, no? Whether or not you raid mythic, it's very selfish and entitled to think that hard work shouldn't pay off.

LFR nighthold will provide gear that is better than wq ilvl (which I agree with) and lower than N EN (which requires considerably more effort). Why is there outrage at that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post

You are glad that Blizzard is making content you don't do pointless for those that do like to do it? What a nice guy you are!

Quote Originally Posted by K4sk View Post
    Kinda bad. Imagine finally killing Xavius on X difficulty, then you go ahead and do the first boss in the next difficulty.. Oh nevermind, loot locked so let's wait for next week.
    it was like that in cata and mop dont think there were too many complaints.
    but i agree that separate lockout is better, altough it does encourage split raids.

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    LFR needs to be more challenging with better rewards for non-raiders like me. I mean when I did it this week I was really tired after work and I basically did no DPS taking it very easy. I knew it would be faceroll anyway. Very un-rewarding.

If there was some sort of challenge and reward it would work much better.
    This is what it was in MoP in some cases, and people complained and got it nerfed. Difficulty in LFR will never work.

I don't get why people who want more challenging LFR don't just do normal. There are so many groups for it, and it's incredibly easy for pugs. It's probably only very slightly harder than MoP LFR.