Poll: Should Blizzard have implemented legendaries differently?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, they are garbage and I wish they never implemented them.

Until I actually get one, then they are a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    The problem with Legendaries isn't with the items, it is the shit mentality of the players who demand that they have one, or feel like their game is ruined because they don't.

Legendaries are a SICK bonus and a cool moment, or at least they should be. They shouldn't be a cause for people to get nasty, angry, complain, etc because they don't have one.

This is supposed to be a game about fun, and playing the have and have nots game is stupid.

I don't have a legendary. Does it suck? I guess. But I don't care. I still try to have fun with the classes I play.

PS: Skewed poll is skewed. Put an option for "It's fine, I'm being a big whiney baby."
    I don't have one either, doesn't impair my ability or the fun I have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'm fine with it the way it is... frankly, the drop rate could even be lower. MMO's don't always need to be some version of an Oprah free car episode.
    Thats exactly what it is now though.

People getting multiple legendaries on alts or on /played 1 day at max level characters.

RnG is ok for legendaries but the way they implemented it into legion is fucking fantasticly stupid.

Ofcourse people get angry when they have literally been farming this shit since release and then ms. casual gets on and loots her first emissary cache plus a hc dungeon for two legendaries. OFCOURSE they get angry.

This it the scenario: You are cykling uphill through the rain every single day to get to work. Your coworker who works 5 hours a week catches up to you one morning. On his side its downhill and in the sunshine, also his cykle has a frigging motor. meanwhile your coworkers and random people on a forum tell you to be happy for that guy.(Edit: Also the guy sucks at his job)

Fuck this shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    Umm its really not that strange of an idea. Some of the most powerful items get "lost" at some point and end up in strange places.

Just look at Tolkein
    Yeah, a whole story surrounding finding lost items. My point ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Thats exactly what it is now though.

People getting multiple legendaries on alts or on /played 1 day at max level characters.

RnG is ok for legendaries but the way they implemented it into legion is fucking fantasticly stupid.

Ofcourse people get angry when they have literally been farming this shit since release and then ms. casual gets on and loots her first emissary cache plus a hc dungeon for two legendaries. OFCOURSE they get angry.

This it the scenario: You are cykling uphill through the rain every single day to get to work. Your coworker who works 5 hours a week catches up to you one morning. On his side its downhill and in the sunshine, also his cykle has a frigging motor. meanwhile your coworkers and random people on a forum tell you to be happy for that guy.(Edit: Also the guy sucks at his job)

Fuck this shit lol
    Well, that's the thing. I don't think that players actively farming them is the intent on Blizzards part. And I doubt that competent players will ever be held back or limited by *not* having a legendary.

And despite forum posts, the number of folks who have 2 of them is probably incredibly small.

I don't see why anyone who disliked the MoP/WoD system would see this as a positive change.

I personally preferred the Wrath/Cata system but understand completely why they did away with it due to all the poaching of players with orange items.

I just think the Legion system is easily the worst we've ever had.

7+ Year Old Account
    I did 2 legendary quests in Cataclysm and it was one of my best experience in the game. Its a shame, I'll never do anything like that.
    It was real raiding adventure, whole guild worked for me, put their trust and time towards me.
    Now, I've got 3 orange pieces of shit, 2 of them from daily quest box. Ridiculous.
    Last edited by Crimewave; 2016-10-07 at 05:13 AM.
    retired raiding shadow priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    WoW will never die. They will be back up to 12m+ subs when legion hits, and wont fall below 10m for the duration of the expansion. You can mark my words on that.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I preferred the old way of doing legendaries. Low chance random drops from raid bosses like back in the days of vanilla/tbc.

In my opinion, Blizzard shouldn't had added all these legendaries to Legion.

I honestly believe that they should've gone back to WotLK & Cataclysm model of obtaining the legendaries.

Back then a legendary was something unique, nowadays it's just a super upgraded epic with an added effect.

Skickat från min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

My shaman main got no legendary yet. I have done crazy amount of content on him and even farmed these small treasure chests and whatnot to get his "bad luck prevention" system going if such exist.

My blood DK alt that I bought a 100 boost on, leveled, and got a total of 2 days played got a legendary from the Kirin Tor reputation chest.

Once everyone has one I doubt people will care as much.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't thunderfury and raggys weapon rng?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Wasn't thunderfury and raggys weapon rng?
    It was. But at the same time it wasnt given to people logging on for 5 minutes every week to do their emissary caches.

It was given to active people in the guild who actually contributed.

Spriest with the right 2 legendaries and StM do megadamage, therefore blizz has to make the base class garbage for all other Spriests so that 1% are not OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    It was. But at the same time it wasnt given to people logging on for 5 minutes every week to do their emissary caches.

It was given to active people in the guild who actually contributed.
    I know mate I know, legendary goodies should be obrained through a series of dedication and time. Blizzard has just cheapened them this expansion.

Legendaries are just one of the many things that are wrong with how loot works in Legion
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7.1 or 7.2 will implement a guaranteed way to get 1 legendary. I gurantee it.

As someone who doesn't have one, it's not a perfect system, but I'm okay with it as a whole. I think the trouble is, especially for a few specific specs, is that some of them are just way too powerful while other's are complete dogshit, and you can't target which ones you get. And then it fucks with the balance and it's really not fair to nerf a spec because a legendary is OP as hell. I think they wanted to do away with the model of the last couple expansions because our artifact weapons basically take it's place, but there is room for improvement with the way they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgibb View Post
    In my opinion, Blizzard shouldn't had added all these legendaries to Legion.

I honestly believe that they should've gone back to WotLK & Cataclysm model of obtaining the legendaries.

Back then a legendary was something unique, nowadays it's just a super upgraded epic with an added effect.

Skickat från min SM-N910F via Tapatalk
    Pretty much this, Wrath/Cata legendaries were the best implementation, followed by MoP/WoD(ignoring that the legendary ring was one of the most gameplay-warping things they ever added to the game). Just in general Cata(and T14) had the best loot system the game has ever seen, and it sucks that we'll probably never go back to that.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    I did 2 legendary quests in Cataclysm and it was one of my best experience in the game. Its a shame, I'll never do anything like that.
    It was real raiding adventure, whole guild worked for me, put their trust and time towards me.
    Now, I've got 3 orange pieces of shit, 2 of them from daily quest box. Ridiculous.
    Yep and in most case a couple months later that person leaves for greener pastures. Woo, just put months into getting some person an awesom experience and then he screws over the guild cause he/she got what they wanted