Quote Originally Posted by Legion Fan View Post
    If an adventure really is an adventure, the method of transportation doesn't matter. Sadly, the other pro-fliers in this thread would rather just parachute into enemy territory, get what they came for, and then jetpack out. It's sad when riding a dragon becomes the lazy way of questing instead of the adventurous method of travel. I really feel sorry for people who put so much stock in their winged mounts. I remember in TBC hitting level 40 and having just enough gold to pay for training and get my Nelf Druid a single striped saber. I still summon that cat to this day.

I get that you are gung ho about flight. No side that I present, even as a pro-flier fits with your agenda. As much as I would love a meta to allow me flight at lvl 1, a big part of me is thankful that Blizz doesn't listen to me. If I got what I asked for, I would probably end up lazy and feel entitled. This way, I simply follow the game's format and enjoy myself until flight unlocks. Since my Pathfinder pt 1 achieve is already complete, now it is back to leveling alts and waiting for pt 2 to arrive. I'm hopeful for 7.1, but knowing Blizz, it will be 7.2 before it surfaces.
    We can already parachute into anywhere just fine. Lots of gliders and shit.
    Again, again and again I say it, I want to fly to explore the world, to see it for what it really is. Sitting imprisoned on ground having my view blocked by bushes and crap is no immersion for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalamander View Post
    We can already parachute into anywhere just fine. Lots of gliders and shit.
    Again, again and again I say it, I want to fly to explore the world, to see it for what it really is. Sitting imprisoned on ground having my view blocked by bushes and crap is no immersion for me.
    Well then, you may want to unsub til 7.2. I would imagine your objection to lack of flight has been noted. In the meantime, there are more than 8M players who don't seem to take issue with the ground level views.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That guy has nothing on these guys:

They get to adventures on their PLANE and THEN have fun.
    I don't have a Playstation so I don't have any of the Uncharted games. Does Nathan Drake call down the plane whenever there's a mildly inconvenient bit of landscape he needs to get around, or does it fly between fixed locations (airports for example) and then he does the adventuring and exploring?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I don't have a Playstation so I don't have any of the Uncharted games. Does Nathan Drake call down the plane whenever there's a mildly inconvenient bit of landscape he needs to get around, or does it fly between fixed locations (airports for example) and then he does the adventuring and exploring?
    Very good question. Last I checked, most flying contraptions need a runway of some sort.

Very good question. Last I checked, most flying contraptions need a runway of some sort.
    In fairness helicopters don't, but they do attract the attention of everything for miles around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    In fairness helicopters don't, but they do attract the attention of everything for miles around.
    I would imagine trying to fire up a helicopter while 3 large ogres are chasing you is a difficult task.

I would imagine trying to fire up a helicopter while 3 large ogres are chasing you is a difficult task.
    I think we might be developing the advanced/more immersive flight model that people have been requesting. It would need 2 different mount types;

Helicopter style:-
    Take off and landing take 45 seconds, increase aggro range to 75 yards, any impact causes a crash landing and instant death.

Airplane style:-
    Take off and landing take 25 seconds, requires 300 yards of flat, uninterrupted terrain.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never met a WoW player who wanted no flying introduced. They only exist on forums (few and VERY vocal) and in the Blizzard headquarters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I never met a WoW player who wanted no flying introduced. They only exist on forums (few and VERY vocal) and in the Blizzard headquarters.
    And i've never met a player who cared so much about being able to fly that they'd quit the game over it. They only exist on the forums (few and VERY vocal).

7+ Year Old Account
    Dec 5, 2014 poll right here on MMO-C

No-flying-in-Warlords-of-Draenor-poll on this site. Oddly there was no "I want it now" option.

Should-Patch-6-2-Unlock-Flight-on-Draenor poll on this site. By patch 6.2 people were still split.

Let-s-get-some-numbers-on-No-Flight-in-WoD

I-m-not-buying-WoW-Legion-if-i-can-t-fly

I love flight. I do. I can't wait for it to unlock so I can see Legion from another angle (without my glider). But ultimately, I am very ok with Legion how it is for the moment, and probably until 7.2. Nowhere in the history of polls on flight have I seen more than 1 in favor of flight. If I look really hard I might find 2. Point is, there aren't hundreds of thousands of pissed off people. If there are more than 1k, I would be shocked. But, only Blizz knows how many unsubbed solely based on lack of flight, and we will never see those numbers. So using them on either side of the aisle would be a joke.

Transportation =/= gameplay. If flying is more important than content, please feel free to fly in zones which currently offer flight.
    Riding on the ground =/= gameplay either.

Since you can't do either if in combat. However, flying is very important come max level when you have see the majority of that content and now it's time to get to the more interesting parts faster. There is no need to stretch it out through ground travel and POS toys and gimmicks.

Let gamers fly like the have in the past. Get to the places they want to go sooner rather than later. Doesn't matter if the quest is a grind or not. I'd wager gamers are OK actually doing the quest that got them out into the world even if it is a grind rather some some mindless, worthless mob with an amazing daze mechanic and wated time traveling to get to the quest. Travel is not where time needs to be eaten up but more interesting and longer quests.

What blizzard has designed with ground travel only is garbage come max level. OK enough when leveling or at least tolerable. Not so much come max level.

Current content come max level needs flying. Not the shitty ground travel just to waste a little bit of time in a death by 1000 cut blizzard design philosophy. The rat maze world is bad enough but combine that in with ground travel only mixed with a few gimmicks that mimic flying. I like a wow with flying better in content they also want me to pay more for.

Like I said, when it comes to immersion, my wow character is far better, far more interesting and far more cooler as I fly around on a dragon or any of the other more interesting flying mounts than when he's trotting around on the ground way past it's interest point.

If an adventure really is an adventure, the method of transportation doesn't matter. Sadly, the other pro-fliers in this thread would rather just parachute into enemy territory, get what they came for, and then jetpack out.
    In the open world, that should be up to the gamer to decide how they want to tackle the task. Stealth it, kill everything, parachute in or ride a dragon in RPing a cool moment in an MMORPG. Blizzard shouldn't be the decision maker on that. They want to make one more difficult than the other, then design it to be difficult, not impossible.

Add in those anti-flying mobs. Add in stealth detecting mobs etc.... Don't outright design it out of the game in the open world. Gamers should get to choose how they want to tackle those open world quests.

Well then, you may want to unsub til 7.2. I would imagine your objection to lack of flight has been noted. In the meantime, there are more than 8M players who don't seem to take issue with the ground level views.
    Only because they still want to play wow and have no choice other than to quit but don't confuse playing the game with enjoying no flying. Ambivalence isn't acceptance.
    Last edited by quras; 2016-10-07 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    However, flying is very important come max level when you have see the majority of that content and now it's time to get to the more interesting parts faster.
    That's not a real thing. That's just your perception. Being max level doesn't mean the world goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by phillu View Post
    My point was people are saying flying should be left out but if along with no flying meant the mounts that were made for that purpose were disabled in that expansion so people could not use them I bet they would be singing a different tune.

There are Flying Mounts and Ground Mounts it seems unfair to disable flying for an expansion and not the Flying Mounts when we specifically have ground mounts for ground travel.

As it stands Flying Mounts should at least be able to glide down rather than dropping like a brick, ok so they cant fly whats stopping them from just gliding down safely.
    I agree with you, but this is the problem people have argued since WoD was in beta about this no flying idea. Flying mounts to me are primarily a flying mount and second as a ground mount which makes sense if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    I doubt if Blizzard see it as a miserable failure, even with the flight whistle resources quests and objectives still have to be achieved as they want them to be - from the ground without any hopping over mobs or obstacles.

In addition, the fact that they added the time saving convenience of the flight whistle goes some what against the stretching out existing content theory.
    Flight whistle doesn't save you that much time compared to a flying mount. This along with the prestige system is trying to lure players back for 7.1 that are sitting on the sidelines still. If they were serious they would have made these change onto the live servers along with the prestige system changes.

- - - Updated - - -

I met some world PVPers that believe in no flying. But these players happen to also be tanks in world PVP so that explains everything lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Legion's world content is no longer relevant as of last week. Not even one month after launch and the world content is no longer relevant while sub system suffer with the removal of flight.

This is why flying binds and supports so many sub systems like archaeology, professions, and fishing which all promote world interactions that are not instanced focused like raids, dungeons and PVP.
    You people are fucking delusional at this point.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-10-07 at 06:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Riding on the ground =/= gameplay either.

Since you can't do either if in combat. However, flying is very important come max level when you have see the majority of that content and now it's time to get to the more interesting parts faster. There is no need to stretch it out through ground travel and POS toys and gimmicks.
    As a Druid, I am at a bigger disadvantage since my combat form is stashed away while riding my wolf. Personally, I am not bothered by it since that's how it works and Blizz has no interest in making my Stag run at 100%.

Add in those anti-flying mobs. Add in stealth detecting mobs etc.... Don't outright design it out of the game in the open world. Gamers should get to choose how they want to tackle those open world quests.

Only because they still want to play wow and have no choice other than to quit but don't confuse playing the game with enjoying no flying. Ambivalence isn't acceptance.
    There's already been a quote or two from Blizz about why they are not re-introducing the anti-flight surface-to-air gimmicks. No need to get wrapped up in that circuitous argument again.

- - - Updated - - -

Says you. Maybe they play because travel is not that big a deal. Previous polling in multiple threads showed how the majority was unaffected by the lack of flight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    You people are fucking delusional at this point.
    It appears to be the same weak arguments rooted in the same lame excuse: "I want it because I am too lazy to ride on the ground. I have a dragon right here."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    And i've never met a player who cared so much about being able to fly that they'd quit the game over it. They only exist on the forums (few and VERY vocal).
    I have met many more, so i can pass you some. :-P
    Some of my friends that play WoW argued that Open-PvP would be better without flight which they reverted when we talked about that all the instanced stuff would need to go to drive people into the world. But though they thought that Open-PvP would be better without flight NONE of those people wanted flight gone. Ever.

But to give you credit: those people that quit over flying and talk about it on the forums really are just a few. Still more than the people that want flight gone but only a few. I guess that most people that really quit over flying (i am sure that wasn't their only reason) did that quietly, like most people that quit during the lifespan of WoW. On the forums... ANY forum, there is only the minority of players talking and discussing. So yeah... you are kind of right :-P

- - - Updated - - -

No-flying-in-Warlords-of-Draenor-poll on this site. Oddly there was no "I want it now" option.

Should-Patch-6-2-Unlock-Flight-on-Draenor poll on this site. By patch 6.2 people were still split.

I love flight. I do. I can't wait for it to unlock so I can see Legion from another angle (without my glider). But ultimately, I am very ok with Legion how it is for the moment, and probably until 7.2. Nowhere in the history of polls on flight have I seen more than 1 in favor of flight. If I look really hard I might find 2. Point is, there aren't hundreds of thousands of pissed off people. If there are more than 1k, I would be shocked. But, only Blizz knows how many unsubbed solely based on lack of flight, and we will never see those numbers. So using them on either side of the aisle would be a joke.
    You know that the first poll is flawed, right? That is one of those kinds you don't even need an Account for and can vote as many times as you want. Since you love statistics, here is some from this very site:
    MMO-Champion Statistics
    Threads: 1,036,594
    Members: 509,105
    Active Members: 27,013

So i hope you are not trying to tell me that you actually believe that over 10 times more people voted in the the first poll than this board has active members? Besides this board doesn't represent the "average" WoW player so polls on here say nothing about the games community but only about MMO-Cs community and is therefore flawed from the beginning in terms of "being representable for the WoW community". So if you base your assumptions on polls from an environment that habitats a small minority of the more dedicated players, you are not really as smart as i thought.

Only very very very simple minded people believe that Blizz reverted their decision to take out flight forever based on some shitstorm on the forums from a couple of thousands. There HAS TO BE a much more severe consequence they had to face in order to revert a final decision. Did all the people the game lost state it was because of no flight? Most likely not. But it is sure as hell that there have been ENOUGH to have an impact and made them revered their decision in less than two weeks after it leaked. Nobody cares about whiners that flood the forums with tears but keep on playing and paying. Nobody. Not even Blizzard. So people can stop pretending that Blizz is caving in to some forum whiners, they are not. They are caving in to people keeping their money and don't give it to them.

Since we need to take a flypath everY time we need to travel for WQ, I don't see why we can get flying, just like right now.
    It's a major cockblock at this point.

Sure the Legion zones were made to be on ground mounts during leveling but at this point at level 110, I don't see the points of non flying with the exeption of pissing people off.

After a month or so on ground mount, the terrain is getting VERY (FUCKING) annoying.

The leveling is over all we have to do now in the outside world is to take a fly path and ¨whistle¨ to do a bunch of WQ.

Each time I open my map and see the world and I see all those quest on my map, I'm asking myself wich fly path I need to take, I just puke and closing the game.

Sorry I dont see the point of immersion while watching my toon on a automatic flying for 3 minutes each time I take a flyer while I do WQ for an hour.

And No point of having to unlock an achivement like WOD with all reputation to exalted, just sell the freaking flying at 5000 for each toons.

Those poll picture are very cute, my guess the people who took vote they were the ones playing and care about WoW during that that time, and the subs during WoD have never been so low.
    Go ask the other 6 or 7 millions who quits what they think about flying.

To much logic and data to be useful in what is merely an emotional debate. Remember to people in this thread any data that works against their opinion is false, made up, or screwed and whatever data they can provide, if any, is correct. Anyone that quits the game it's only because of flying. Anyone that didn't come back to the game, again, only because of flying. If you disagree or say anything else then agree than you some "anti flying" person or something.

No flying now is fine. When they add it in it will be fine. When they take it in the next expansion again it will be fine and when it comes back I that next expansion again it will be fine. But sensible opinions such as this are very dangerous to the mob. Expect attacks as I do for this post. I recommend just laughing. Because fuck... it's just kinda funny.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2016-10-07 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Since we need to take a flypath everY time we need to travel for WQ, I don't see why we can get flying, just like right now.
    It's a major cockblock at this point.

Sure the Legion zones were made to be on ground mounts during leveling but at this point at level 110, I don't see the points of non flying with the exeption of pissing people off.

After a month or so on ground mount, the terrain is getting VERY (FUCKING) annoying.

The leveling is over all we have to do now in the outside world is to take a fly path and ¨whistle¨ to do a bunch of WQ.

Each time I open my map and see the world and I see all those quest on my map, I'm asking myself wich fly path I need to take, I just puke and closing the game.

Sorry I dont see the point of immersion while watching my toon on a automatic flying for 3 minutes each time I take a flyer while I do WQ for an hour.

And No point of having to unlock an achivement like WOD with all reputation to exalted, just sell the freaking flying at 5000 for each toons.

Those poll picture are very cute, my guess the people who took vote they were the ones playing and care about WoW during that that time, and the subs during WoD have never been so low.
    Go ask the other 6 or 7 millions who quits what they think about flying.
    Blizzard is reading the tea leaves which is why the changes to the flight whistle for alts in 7.1. But when is 7.1 coming out and why wait to do it till then? This is why everyone at this point realizes the no flying position is on shaky ground for Legion IMVHO.

This is why I do not buy the mid expansion talk that Blizzard has "planned", because it seems to me the players will once again determine the fate of flying not the devs based on past history and what is currently happening with player behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Blizzard is reading the tea leaves which is why the changes to the flight whistle for alts in 7.1. But when is 7.1 coming out and why wait to do it till then? This is why everyone at this point realizes the no flying position is on shaky ground for Legion IMVHO.

This is why I do not buy the mid expansion talk that Blizzard has "planned", because it seems to me the players will once again determine the fate of flying not the devs based on past history and what is currently happening with player behavior.
    You're a broken record with obscure baseless reasoning.