Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    its a huge nerf for the +2 chests
    its a buff somewhat at +10 though
    The correct way of presenting this would be:

Its a direct nerf to the people cheesing this and chain running +2 for many chests.

Its a good buff for everyone not cheesing the system

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    its a huge nerf for the +2 chests
    its a buff somewhat at +10 though
    You didnt answer my question lol, do you no longer get two AP tokens for each chest?

My understanding from the post was just that the AP tokens value had been increased.

Quote Originally Posted by penquinn View Post
    spoiler alert: the people who spammed mythic+2/3's from day 1 are way more ahead than 80k of your average raider; probably 500k+
    That's still something that in a month or so that's still not a huge difference. And I'd be surprised if there are many who are going to get left behind because everyone else in guild is 500k+ ahead. There's an outlier to every guild situation ofc but those super far ahead I imagine are a minority in guild, 1 or 2 people, or the entire guild abused it anyways.

Regardless, what do you want them to do? Leave the mistake as is in the name of "fairness"? Yes this should've been caught and changed before launch and was dumb for them not to think of this, but it did need fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

You used to get 2400 AP for +3 chesting mythic 2/3 now you get 800. (3 chests, 2 tokens each valued at 400 a piece)
    However, you now get 2400 for simply clearing +10 whereas before you only got 800.
    It kind of feels like +10 should be closer to 1400-1500 though (so up to 3000 instead of 2400) and +9 should be 1200 since +10 adds that extra affix.
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer; 2016-10-07 at 05:02 AM.

What I'd rather see is add 2 ADDITIONAL, for 4 total, AP tokens to +10 if you finish it in time. Maybe at some point that will be easy to farm, and it can be addressed then, but as is completing a +10 is real tough.

And there's not really an incentive to do +10 in time anyways so this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    a dissapointing change that is probably too late to counter what was going on.
    It's too late but it will more than likely prevent the inevitable depletion of +2 keys that was coming. Sadly the late reaction now puts a lot of players way ahead of others and the +2 supply really low.

I'm extremely happy about this.

I was really looking forward to running mythic+ and pushing as hard as I can and was absolutely dismayed that the most lucrative is running +2 for 3 chests. Now that's no longer a thing, I can use the system how it was intended, rather than farming outdated content.

Very happy. Thumbs up for me. If you didn't take advantage of this system - I understand why you're upset, but you have been living under a rock for the past week and should have anticipated this.
    Last edited by Eyechewer; 2016-10-07 at 05:21 AM.

I think people are going to +5 or 6 carry now since I think people can still probably carry for 3 chest at this point and it'll maximize their chance at getting loot they can use too and still give decent AP.

I believe the person on my server with the most AP has 7 times the amount I have (thanks to wowprogress)

That's not normal.. sure I don't farm it much, but how can some people be so far ahead so early it's just weird.

That grind was supposed to last the full xpac, and it was said artifact knowledge would do a huge part, we're just at 5-6 and some people are already way ahead of other people.

Personally I think the ridiculous is the small amount of AP mythic raid bosses drop compared to dungeons, which are spammable and not on a weekly lockout. I think Blizzard made a mistake.. there should have been some kind of soft weekly cap where after a certain amount, you have diminishing returns.

Deleted
    Sad about this change. I'm probably one of the people the casual crowd is referring to as 'exploiting' this, as I'm half way to level 29 on my weapon despite working 60 hours a week and raiding. However, it has to be said that this is a real kick in the teeth for the casual crowd. I and the other mythic raiders will move on to lvl 6 keystone boost with alts and the ilk now, leaving the +2 and +3 to mostly be with players who have these keystones. And then that market will get tapped by your professional boosters offering it for gold and RL money, instead of what we had just then, which was for free and the playewr would often get 3-4 pieces of loot. Sure, it's great to put the boot in now, about how we 'evil' mythic raiders have been exploiting people for mythic +2 keystones but actually look at what people got in return and you'd argue it was actually a good community interaction with a mutually beneficial exchange.

Deleted
    while farming mythic 2+ for AP was pretty insane (10 minutes for 1200 base AP) the nerfs are retarded.

It should've been 500AP at myth+2 and an additional 100 per mythic level, the current amounts are way too unrewarding. And forget that shitty gold rewards at the end, just give us BoP flasks and combat potions as an extra reward for the multiple chests.

Awful timing on the change(should've been done in beta, just like pretty much all the idiotic changes they've been making recently), but the actual change itself is good.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Think it this way:

Without this nerf top guilds like method, exorsus, serenity, etc would have reach Nighthold (or trial of valor for that matter) with a capped weapon at least. It was obvious from the beginning that this was not the intended way to progress in the game. They were getting a total of 180 chests every 10 hours (on average.. insane farming but thats what they do) for a whopping 432.000 AP. Capping your weapon to gain access to the ''secret'' extra talent takes about 5.2M AP so that would have been achievable by their standards no problem.

IMO the whole mythic+ was a good idea that turned out to be too good for the game. It practically replaced raiding in the gearing up process and made this first tier of raiding a complete joke. This is why they need to pay better attention to the beta feedback or just simply fix the problem before it gets out of control.

To me the simple idea of getting to a mythic raid the first tier of an expansion on the first week in gear that surpasses the actual mythic raid loot is completely absurd and retarded. Mythic+ dungeons should have been an alternative to those who cant raid, not a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    I'm extremely happy about this.

I was really looking forward to running mythic+ and pushing as hard as I can and was absolutely dismayed that the most lucrative is running +2 for 3 chests. Now that's no longer a thing, I can use the system how it was intended, rather than farming outdated content.

Very happy. Thumbs up for me. If you didn't take advantage of this system - I understand why you're upset, but you have been living under a rock for the past week and should have anticipated this.
    You do know that this changes nothing right? We will still run +2 Keys for loot, sure the AP isn't as great, but we can also 3 chest +7 keys as well at the very least. This change does absolutely nothing to stop what is going on, except get rid of the scrubs that can only carry +2.

You'll fall further and further behind in AP and gear because now the people that can actually carry will be getting higher base gear as well.

Thanks Blizzard, you screw over the casuals trying to nerf the 1%.

You are delusional if you did not see this coming. Mythic +2 are so easy and can be spammed endlessly by just boosting random people with a keystone.

Mythic+ spam basically made every other source of AP in the entire game feel like a waste of time because it was just that far ahead of everything else.

I just feel like getting 3 chests will be underwhelming now.. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    That's still something that in a month or so that's still not a huge difference.
    This is such a stupid goddamn argument; who gives a shit about a month from now? Guess what - six months from now the gear you're getting today won't matter. Two years from now nothing you do in this expansion will have mattered. Twenty years from now nothing you ever did in this game will have mattered.

The players who benefited from spamming +2s and +3s, as well as the legendary bug, are miles ahead of everyone in terms of character power because of Blizzard's incompetence and lack of foresight. What you think will happen in a month is completely irrelevant.

Deleted
    This is a very good change because it will allow people that are in like 850 gear to finally get groups. Im however forseeing a horrible time trying to pug high m+ since all the bad people that got good gear from doing +2 boosts will now be there..

Deleted
    welp, I feel bad for all the newbies or alts who didn't get to abuse the crap out of this system.
    I also feel bad for all the newbies and alts who have been (somewhat) negatively impacted by this system, because they exchanged their useful +2 key for a +5 key which is useless to them - absolutely impossible at a freshly dinged new player's skill level.

It's a change that should've been done before launch. It must've slipped past their "how will players try to cheese this" filter.

W̶a̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶+̶2̶ ̶2̶0̶0̶A̶P̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶?̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶+̶2̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶2̶ ̶c̶h̶e̶s̶t̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶t̶h̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶A̶P̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶+̶4̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶r̶i̶e̶s̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶A̶P̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶

Nvm i'm dumb

O god... all this does is encourage people to afk the bonus chest timers to maximize AP power gain.
    Last edited by Geso; 2016-10-07 at 07:38 AM. Reason: nvm