Poll: Best MMO city

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionotics View Post
    Prontera in Ragnarok Online.
    You sir just won the internet. RO was and still is a masterpiece of an mmo. Make me realize how much people cry over fuckin rng... when you needed 4 cards and first one drop after 21k kills lel. I miss that game.

Dalaran

IronForge (bring me back to Vanilla)

The main hub in SWG where everyone would sell buffs. The name escapes me.

Quote Originally Posted by eetfuk View Post
    You sir just won the internet. RO was and still is a masterpiece of an mmo. Make me realize how much people cry over fuckin rng... when you needed 4 cards and first one drop after 21k kills lel. I miss that game.
    B̶o̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ Hunting for Hydra and Thara Frog cards on the daily.
    2981-6619-3396

Never liked cities, in games or in real life.

If the capital hub is surrounded by trees and fountains or some such...

Darnassus, or Silvermoon, I'd probably vote for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suramar City is by far my favorite.

If at some point the guards that are always discovering you go away it would be perfect.

I'd love to be able to RP walk through Suramar without having to dodge those dickheads.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Deleted
    Ironforge but it is not in the list

Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    If at some point the guards that are always discovering you go away it would be perfect.

I'd love to be able to RP walk through Suramar without having to dodge those dickheads.
    Die, then ghost walk around.
    That's what I do to explore hostile territory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Die, then ghost walk around.
    That's what I do to explore hostile territory.
    Sure. Takes away from the RPness though when everything is that grey color though lol.

I'd like the story to advance to the point where that ruling class is no longer a thing and the Legion is out of the city. That way you could run around it and really explore.

I like the premise of it now where you are an undercover agent of sorts. But I'd like them to push past that at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    I'd love for them to expand upon Ironforge. Have all these smaller alleys and things that lead off to the "neighborhoods" and stuff of the Dwarves. That would be awesome.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoNineMarine View Post
    Suramar City is by far my favorite.

If Silvermoon ever gets fully rebuilt and the zone gets an update, you should have your wish and then some. The High Elves made the Nightborne look as cultured as troggs, and I'm sure that after their resurgence and allegiance to the Horde, The Blood Elves have even more power and resources to build a city bordering on anything the Titans could create.

Thorin's Hall or Rata Sum. I always love when the sort of strict geometry/architecture is done just right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    Thorin's Hall or Rata Sum. I always love when the sort of strict geometry/architecture is done just right.
    Both are great suggestions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rockmahparty View Post
    It's not, but wouldn't it be great to find some dwarven settlement inside the mountains of the Broken Isles?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    If Silvermoon ever gets fully rebuilt and the zone gets an update, you should have your wish and then some. The High Elves made the Nightborne look as cultured as troggs, and I'm sure that after their resurgence and allegiance to the Horde, The Blood Elves have even more power and resources to build a city bordering on anything the Titans could create.
    Absolutely. I'd love for them to do that. How cool would that be.

Ironforge still my favorite.

The original Lion's Arch in GW2, before it was blown to bits and left in rubble for better part of the game's lifespan. The rebuilt version is okay, but the original version had a bit of charm to with with the various amount of vertical climbs through buildings and caverns within the city.

As for current cities, I'd opt for FF14's Limsa Lominsa.

If you made me pick a city from WoW...funny enough, Orgrimmar's my choice, but that's mostly due to having spent so much time there (both pre and post Cata). The Cata revamp made it a helluva a lot more convenient.