Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RendexStormrageUS View Post
    Not looking to be OP, I just dont want to have a cap on what I can and cant do. I really just want to stay prot and keep going how I was but peoples reactions to this nerf have scared me. Im not very good with arms and I cant seem to focus on leveling another char for 5 minutes. I have a DK at 100 but I dont know if thats right for me.
    Here is a wild thought? Why don't you play it and see what it can do? You know...instead of listening to the internet...you know where people can complain about anything including getting free stuff? Where people can drive things way out of proportion and hook people like you that will listen to anything...

If you aren't doing progression mythic raiding or hardcore mythic dungeons it doesn't matter much, you have lots of people telling you that yet you still let some morons complaining that the sky is falling whenever something receives the tiniest nerf...well go on sheep....bahhhhh...listen to them and reroll to the latest FotM already.

P.S. since you admitted you haven't played your Warrior since...you should change the thread name to "Upset about what someone else said about Nerf"
    Last edited by Kithelle; 2016-10-06 at 07:26 PM.

Our main tank is having no issues either its a small nerf not s major one. Blizz needs to fix arms though

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Here is a wild thought? Why don't you play it and see what it can do? You know...instead of listening to the internet...you know where people can complain about anything including getting free stuff? Where people can drive things way out of proportion and hook people like you that will listen to anything...

If you aren't doing progression mythic raiding or hardcore mythic dungeons it doesn't matter much, you have lots of people telling you that yet you still let some morons complaining that the sky is falling whenever something receives the tiniest nerf...well go on sheep....bahhhhh...listen to them and reroll to the latest FotM already.

P.S. since you admitted you haven't played your Warrior since...you should change the thread name to "Upset about what someone else said about Nerf"
    Well the opinions of others hold high to me considering I am newer to tanking and warrior. So when I see people complaining and saying they themselves are unable to do this or that it does mean something. I dont see why they would lie and with my lack of experience I dont imagine I could do better than they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the opinions of others hold high to me considering I am newer to tanking and warrior. So when I see people complaining and saying they themselves are unable to do this or that it does mean something. I dont see why they would lie and with my lack of experience I dont imagine I could do better than they can.
    Well what about all of these opinions in this thread? Of course people are going to lie and make shit up to make it sound worse than it is...

No matter what happens...blizz could nerf say "We have reduced Warrior Stamina by 1% to put them more in line with other tanks." and you can bet your bottom dollar there is going to be someone complaining up a storm and claiming Warriors are no longer viable because of that tiny little nerf. Because there is a little annoying people on the internet called trolls...they just like to start fires to watch things burn.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nerfs come and go. Far as warrior and protection is concerned in this case, I could think of and recall far worse outcomes. We're still quite fine for mythic+ and mythic raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want my advice I would say that if you like prot war keep playing it and to stay off the forums. 95% of the people don't know what they are talking about and will cry about anything.
    Welcome to Flavor Town.

I appreciate everyone's opinions and answers. I will continue to move in the direction I was. Maybe i was a little scared and upset and jumped the gun. Thank you all. I'd love to hear more if you guys want to converse between each other.

"my class isn't OP anymore so i want to reroll"

Quote Originally Posted by Vichan View Post
    "my class isn't OP anymore so i want to reroll"
    Being new to the class I am unable to recognize OP. Sooo, you sir are very very far from the truth.

Being new to the class I am unable to recognize OP. Sooo, you sir are very very far from the truth.
    Well the way you worded it provokes exactly that reaction. To quote:
    then I may be outshined by another tank class.
    To translate = my tank class needs to be better than any other tank class or I no longer wish to play it.

So yes, sir, looks exactly like you're looking for a class that is always better than everything else.

In that case, be a dps and play a mage.

As for warrior tanks, they're atm friendly for beginners (which should matter), keep shield block, keep ignore pain, you don't need to juggle too many cooldowns or manage your hp, way less spiky than DH or DK.

The changes were the outcome of reverting previous nerfs that left warriors rage starved, they revoked that one so had to cut something else.

Generally a person new to the game should stop bothering about which class, race, faction etc. is better because those things never ever matter at beginner's level.

Don't worry, whole HFC I saw tryhard heroic guilds recruit tanks "must be Monk / DK" because they were FOTM, and my guild proceeded to clear mythic HFC with Warrior and Paladin. I'm pretty sure we'll continue to do our thing in EN with classes we have. We aren't world top but we enjoy playing with guildies. Atm we have 4 warlocks, are warlocks OP? Nope. But that's the people we have so we play with them. Contrary to the typical whine - sky - is - falling type of threads that warlocks were benched or kicked out of guilds because of class balance. That is bullshit.

Pros don't kick people - those people have multiple alts and just pick and go with whichever is best for the fight (like exorsus warlock switching to a shadow priest on mythic xavius). Casual guilds don't kick people based on class either (most people we demoted in our guild was because they stopped showing to raids). So who exactly kicks people based on class? Pugs? Not that I ever expect any sense from them.

Play what you like. You enjoy warrior? Keep playing it. Are you doing mythic raids or mythic+ dungeons at the world first level? If nope, you don't have to pick specific class.

But generally besides this, I mean is arms now more viable in a group? Should I allow another class to tank and I DPS, will I be more valuable then? I also enjoy DPSing. But I would prefer to master one spec before I moved on to the next and I am far from mastering prot.

Also, another thing, as a ''newer'' tank I do take these posts and guides into account when making decisions. I dont even know a proper stat priority because some people are against stacking haste now. I'm not at the point of testing this myself. I haven't progressed into raids enough. Im definitley more on the casual side of players but I want to progress into something more and I use peoples guides and opinions to do that. Because they have the experience I dont.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump. Really looking for more opinions.
    DPS warrior is in a very weird place, Fury is not viable for high end content like Heroic/Mythic Raids because of its flat +30 damage taken increase & its only good with AoE because whirlwind costs no rage, and it allows some of your attacks to cleave. It is good for low end mythic + as long as you know how to avoid shit.
    Arms warrior is pretty much only good in single target, with ok AoE. the only AoE it has going for it, is burst AoE, (lining up your artifact weapon with your blade storm & Battlecry) If you decide to take up arms, you will notice it really lacks behind. this is because arms is only good with SPECIFIC Legendaries. (gloves{that reduce rage cost of your main attack, Mortal Strike}) and the (ring {has a chance to proc Execute}). without these legendaries, your pretty much average, if not below average.
    On top of that, Arms has a different rotation then most classes. its not just about prioritizing some spells over the others, its about working around your main spell(being colossus smash) . this being said, its difficult to learn to play, but with a couple hours at the target dummies, and some in-depth look at it, you'll learn to play it with no hassle. (at first i struggled because i couldn't stop looking at my bars during the raid)
    i still get sit in progression. because i lack behind most classes, for lack of legendary. and not a lot of fights are strictly single target. (forgot to add that is difficult to switch targets constantly, as arms) .
    i suggest, if u want to be viable. without much hassle.
    you reroll. unless your like me, and have a deep love for your warrior

Edit: fury haste is good, but Fury shouldn't be your main spec in the first place. it should be off spec for a SUPER AoE/cleave heavy fight.
    ALSO, Arms is a beautiful class to master, and definitely respectable to see a high end raider rolling it
    Last edited by datboi; 2016-10-07 at 03:21 AM.

i tanked a shitload of + 4-6 myth instances the last two nights. the "nerv" is not really feelable, the incoming rage is so much more that u have the same uptime on shields. ProtWarrior is exactly fine, if u play it like intended (maximise shieldblock uptime, use ignore pain as soon as u have rage for it).

And about arms: u guys need to really check out sweeping strikes in dungeons. its VERY strong, and puts your cleave / ae dmg to the level of similar geared fury warriors/ fire mages. I got the legendary belt on wednesday, and tried a fervor of battle ww heavy spec for aeing in dungeons, but jesus even with legendary the dmg sucks so hard compared to sweeping strikes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    i tanked a shitload of + 4-6 myth instances the last two nights. the "nerv" is not really feelable, the incoming rage is so much more that u have the same uptime on shields. ProtWarrior is exactly fine, if u play it like intended (maximise shieldblock uptime, use ignore pain as soon as u have rage for it).

And about arms: u guys need to really check out sweeping strikes in dungeons. its VERY strong, and puts your cleave / ae dmg to the level of similar geared fury warriors/ fire mages. I got the legendary belt on wednesday, and tried a fervor of battle ww heavy spec for aeing in dungeons, but jesus even with legendary the dmg sucks so hard compared to sweeping strikes.
    This is the crux of the deal. People crying nerf are the ones relying solely on IP and forgetting the power that is SB.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you know what OP class is considering that you are afraid that other tanks will outshine you. In other words, you picked FOTM (flavor of the month) class and now getting upset that you might be on par with other tanks. Since you said yourself that you have hard time sticking to one class/spec, this just proves more point further.
    Boo fucking hoo. Go reroll a fire mage or something. Or level up a warlock only for Dragons raid so you can cleave and get top dps.
    Also, grow up.

Deleted
    Yeah warriors are still good. Smaller IP's but more rage to cast them. And you can't play as spammy as prenerf, you have to actually think of rage as a resource again. Stacking IP's on full HP like before isn't really the way to go. It's better to just pool rage on full HP and use IP when you drop a bit, or just before a massive hit obviously.

Deleted
    Ignore Pain feels so bad right now that i re-rerolled my Vengeance DH. People don't seem to understand that your primary rage generation comes from damage taken, so the shield slam rage increase barely has an effect on your rage.

Bear druid feels way stronger in Mythic+ than warrior right now, and my vengeance DH has far superior utility. I re-rolled warrior to be a fat tank with little to no utility, but they have taken the fat part away.

I don't mind going back to my DH, i'm just a little salty i have to change all of my gear since i was mastery stacked on my DH.(For those who don't know, mastery went from a decent stat you would like on gear, to a worthless stat you don't ever want on a piece of gear)
    Last edited by mmoc0e0bd4f677; 2016-10-07 at 01:47 PM.

Can't tell if trolling or not....

We use a Prot warrior for all our raids doesnt seem any different since "nerf" since they changed shield slam to offset it a bit. It still feels like they are one of the best tanks but we havent gotten into mythics yet(5/7Hm).

If you feel you need to change classes or spec due to them "nerfing"(fixing) an ability which was overpowered to begin with that is up to you, sounds kind of pety tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Pretty sure you know what OP class is considering that you are afraid that other tanks will outshine you. In other words, you picked FOTM (flavor of the month) class and now getting upset that you might be on par with other tanks. Since you said yourself that you have hard time sticking to one class/spec, this just proves more point further.
    Boo fucking hoo. Go reroll a fire mage or something. Or level up a warlock only for Dragons raid so you can cleave and get top dps.
    Also, grow up.
    Grow up? My comment on tanks outshining me was a balance complaint that I would be far less favorable in groups compared to other tanks rather than equal. Boo fucking hoo? A hard time sticking to one class doesnt say anything about my character. You have me all wrong. Make your assumptions. EDITED: Anger.
    Last edited by RendexStormrageUS; 2016-10-07 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lundh View Post
    I re-rolled warrior to be a fat tank with little to no utility, but they have taken the fat part away.
    Superior mobility is still there (only Warrior and DH have it). Spell reflect is still good for dungeons and some raid bosses. You can cheese some stuff with it in mythic+. Shockwave is still great utility for mythic+, not many tanks have access to on demand aoe stun (monks with talented leg sweep? they lose statue for it). Inspiring presence is nice raid utility too (it gets better the bigger the group of people benefitting from it is).

Druid is better for extremely hard hitting melee due to ironfur stacks (both mythic+15 reports I saw used druid tank) but that's a very specific situation, not everyone is going for mythic+15 achievement while we're still severely undergeared for it, for your usual bread and butter content majority of people are running, druids are not that superior to warrior.

Similar can be said about monk, it has a strength to stagger massive melee damage (mythic Ursoc etc.) but in your everyday content people don't like healing them. Warrior is considered the easiest / smoothest to heal that's why it's invited to pugs and so on. Don't think it will change with the current fiddling with ignore pain, it's not that it was gutted, it was just so it doesn't give them double or triple the healthbar to soak.

- - - Updated - - -

My comment on tanks outshining me was a balance complaint that I would be far less favorable in groups compared to other tanks rather than equal.
    Pre-nerf warriors were the ONLY wanted tanks for mythic+ pugs. Anything below that and sky is falling? Making a post about re-roll? You somehow didn't complain about balance when your class was top dog.

Deleted
    Prot warriors are fine. They used to be overpowered, now they are just balanced and still really good.
    Play what you enjoy. If a small balancing of your class is all it takes for you to want a new main, then you are going to have a bad time, specially at the start of any expansion. Every single class recives changes every time, more at the beginning than later on.