Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    make your own group and find a guild. This advice is as unintelligent and void as can be. Why embarass yourselves by parroting this idiocy?
    What kind of amazing advice you have then?

Those advices keep coming up because they do help, if your advice is to rage and cry on forums, then it ain't gonna help for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Sadly it is the life of a DPS nowadays. We cant use the good ole "Make your own group" rhetoric they love to spout on these forums either, i tried that yesterday and gave up after 2 hours or no tank or healer joining.

This is simply what happens when blizzard makes offspecs and alts tediously difficult to do.
    It used to be that you needed to make your own groups, but now with Legion it seems that you need to find an active guild instead.

The increasing push to put people in the LFG tool is just gonna bite them in the ass one day.

Players will give up and quit after the Community does it's best to gate the ever loving fuck out of other players. It will happen, it always does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    This

Is

Not

Right.

In most guilds, groups have already formed. If you ask in guild chat for a Mythic+ group for your key, you get no reply. People tend to say "Come on, farm gear so you can join our raid." but when you try to do so, they won't run with you because "nope, no interest in gearing you:"
    "BAAWWWW WHY DO I HAFTA BE SOCIAL IN A MMO?!?!?! IT'S NOT FIAR!!11"

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME.
    If you're an autist that CANNOT be social go play nethack. Oh wait, even autismos that play old school roguelikes ARE FUCKING SOCIAL.
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2016-10-07 at 08:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    This is kind of silly. What if you don't want to tank or heal, or your class is incapable of such? Roll another class you don't like because hey, at least now you can do mythic runs?
    Everyone must decide what's more important for him/herself. Getting instant group invites or playing exactly what he or she wants.
    But whining around because nobody invites you is silly. Either you play something to support other players getting a faster group or you have to wait yourself longer.
    Find a guild, play heal or tank, or accept beeing declined or an eternity of waiting for a group.
    There is no choice in between, and it has been like that forever.

This is my third expansion pugging raids/mythics, everything really. As a dps I have no problem getting into groups, I might get a couple declined applications but nothing too bad.

As a healer, I have to admit, I never ever invite, Shadows, Affli WLs or Boomkins. Just because every time we did invite those classes, even they were good geared, they underperformed really hard compared to like our MM Hunter for example. Good on bosses but lower dmg than our tank on trash packs etc. I do not blame the players, I blame blizzard and the balancing of those speccs.

But don't you worry, when i tried to queue up as a MW healer in random grps, I also get declined very very often. Maybe because the majority of ppl think, MW is not good in Mythic+ or there are always better geared healers than me who queue up at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by daed4 View Post
    "BAAWWWW WHY DO I HAFTA BE SOCIAL IN A MMO?!?!?! IT'S NOT FIAR!!11"

EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME.
    If you're an autist that CANNOT be social go play nethack. Oh wait, even autismos that play old school roguelikes ARE FUCKING SOCIAL.
    What does being social have to do with finding people to do group content where minimal communication is nessicary other than to relay information?

People like you continue to erroneously spout what being social is or means.

Deleted
    If you're dead set on playing the damage role, then this is what you have to put up with, like the rest of people getting declined because there's hundreds of the same role applying at any given point.

My advice would be to make friends with someone who can tank/heal, and buddy up with them to get content done faster. If that doesn't work, then you better hunker down because until Blizzard make tanking/healing have less responsibilities on having to essentially carry most DPS in pugs, there will always be 1 tank for every 20+ DPS.

Deleted
    People either vastly over-exaggerate how often they get declined or sign up for groups that specifically don't want them, such as +5 keys at 840 ilvl. I've been pugging with a few friends over the last week and we've had people with 820 ilvl sign up for +5 keys. It wouldn't surprise me if that person was on these forums crying like a bitch about how they can't get into groups and Blizzard are to blame.

Don't get me wrong, I've been declined if I solo queue as a DPS myself. But then, with the sheer number of DPS compared to Healers/Tanks are you actually surprised? People don't play healers because half the time the DPS are snotty little cunts that stand in everything, which usually leads to a one/two shot in mythic+, and blame the healer and people don't tank because half the time the Hunter (I'm maining a Hunter fyi) is a twat and pulls from 50 yards away with barrage, dies because hurr durr what's misdirection and blames the tank.

tl;dr: make your own group, play a spec that is useful, don't sign up with shit gear and expect to be carried or just make some damn friends... It's an online game for fuck sake

10+ Year Old Account
    There is much more supply than demand for DPS, this shouldn't be news to anyone. For groups recruiting random people they'll usually favour the high damage / low skill requirement damage specs like Mages, Hunters and Demon Hunters as well.

As a tank I can say it is a royal pain in the ass when I invite a ilvl 861 priest who does 120k and brings down the entire group. I've had times where the dps does less than the me. I've had times when they don't even try to listen to the mechanics. So I won't lie, I'm rather selective in my process, picking people with good ilvl and classes I think are hard to fail on, and avoiding those who tend to have low dps. I also avoid DH because I find they are some of the worst players I've played with. I've seen one that pull reasonable dps and did pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by setsuna f seiei View Post
    If you're not happy with the meta, change the meta, making a group is a lot easier now than it was before, you don't have to make a trade macro or anything, just click on people who sign up. there is NO REASON for someone to not be able to make their own group....not 1 good reason.
    And it is always down to those on the receiving end to solve a problem, instead of actually those causing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And it is always down to those on the receiving end to solve a problem, instead of actually those causing it.
    I'm confused. Who's causing the issue? The issue is the lack of tanks and healers, which is caused by the dps, not the tanks or healers.

Deleted
    Woe is me, woe is me. I am a DPS who is in no way completely overgearing the content. I should be able to get into groups easily because I am special. All the other DPS who made groups themselves or are in groups are definitely cheating their way through the system. I cannot be arsed to make a group of my own but i will take the time to complain on random forums. Woe is me woe is me.

When you're average in terms of gear and don't play a role that is in short supply don't be surprised if you don't get into groups easily. Instead of moaning about it make your own group or find someone to queue with.

I've never tried to pug M+ but from what some of our guidlies experienced it sounds horrendous. Just join a guild like so many others said and problem solved. Especially if you are running a class that on paper doesn't do well in said content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Not everyone is able to do mythics with friends or guild members. I work until late in the evening every single day, I'm only able to MAYBE get 1 run in with our guilds alts in a week, usually as everyone is saved by the weekend, and everyone has already got soft locked from their own keystones. People are usually completely done with the weeks mythic + runs by the time I get home from work on Wednesdays.

I don't expect, or even ask Blizzard to fix this though. The LFG tool is made to give people choices, and when there's such a huge base of dps, I'm not gonna get in, even at 860, it just doesn't happen. Literally applied to hundreds of groups the last couple of days, I've had 1 invite, and that group disbanded 2 minutes later because the healer had to go.

Its just depressing is all, and its really siphoning my joy in the game.

Atleast there's still raids which I can do with my guild, but I just wish I could do mythic + more consistently aswell.

This is kind of silly. What if you don't want to tank or heal, or your class is incapable of such? Roll another class you don't like because hey, at least now you can do mythic runs?
    This is why I demand healer or tank roles for pure DPS classes for ages. We already have one class with 4 specs, we can easily add one utility spec to Rogues, Hunters, Mages and Warlocks. I surely would have a tank spec on my Rogue and a healing spec on my Mage if we would get some.

I play classes because I like their "class fantasy", if this is that important that even Blizzard goes overboard on emphasizing that. I have been playing Mage as my main character since I started playing WoW in the end of 2005.

If anything, Blizzard should reconsider their stance on Artifacts. This is the main reason why my healer and tank alts are mostly not played at the moment. This expansion is very alt-unfriendly, and this also shows in the availability of healers and tanks. If you could gear up your heal and tank alts more easily, there would be less shortage.

Edit: Besides that, I probably would not want to PUG Mythic+, no matter which role. I rather wait until my guild members catch up with their gear and finally get their motivation to show up at least one day of the week at the same time (in case of no interference by late work hours).
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2016-10-07 at 08:25 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrive View Post
    I'm confused. Who's causing the issue? The issue is the lack of tanks and healers, which is caused by the dps, not the tanks or healers.
    Nah dude, it's blizz's fault. When you make a group it should force you to invite people in the order they apply so that it's fair. Then i can finally do mythic 6 2 chests on my 850 balance druid. EZ Fix, EZ LIEF /s

Deleted
    "waaaaaaah i cant get random groups to invite me and i dont want to join a guild, but i do want to play this mmo"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    What does being social have to do with finding people to do group content where minimal communication is nessicary other than to relay information?
    Here, let me explain it (because you clearly have massive autism).

Things friend like to do:
    Stuff together
    Stuff they enjoy (together)

Things talking to people and being nice and social gives you:
    Friends

Things that you can do together
    Play football
    Play videogames>Play wow>Do mythic+ dungeons

Hence, with these simple facts we can prove that friends have a relation to the amount of mythic+ you can do as DPS (IE undesirable role).

TL;DR: Get friends you autists and play mythic+ with them while talking OR play a desirable role such as tank or healer.

Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-10-08 at 01:10 AM.