Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If my guild doesn't run any Mythic+ dungeons when I'm online I have a somewhat hard time to find a pug as Balance. Sometimes I just suck it up and go resto but letting the group know they can't just zerg it and they are fine with that. Having one relic and 13 traits on resto as its my OS. But when I get in a group I do okay trash dps and mostly wreck em at boss fights. I do RBG groups sometimes and I don't take them bad classes and if I have the choice of healers I never let a disc/holy in. So I can understand its the same in Mythic. I play casually some hour here and there and I don't want people making my run going slower or being complete brainless

Quote Originally Posted by Tyvendaal View Post
    How do you think people make friends in WoW in this day and age? I'll give you a hint, it's by actually chatting to one another, like, y'know, real life? Shocker, I know.
    You must have some very low bars for being friends in real life.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are not a Mage with a decent Ilevel, Forget about being invited to LFG groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    What I said is that we should not be blamed.
    Ignoring what I actually said.
    Why are those on the receiving end always the ones blamed.
    I'm not one for putting blame on anyone for anything when it comes to such things, but hearing the same issues from DPS constantly, it just gets boring. With how many DPS I've come across in pugs, it's a horrifying experience. WoW has never been easier to play for a DPS, and yet people who are obviously not ready - or wanting to put effort into - are trying to get into content that they should not be doing currently. I've tried to help countless people in my +2 three chest runs who have low ilvl, ~835ish, and they under perform to so a degree, it's impossible to complete the content I am geared and skilled enough for.

It's come to the point where I only have ilvl to gauge people on in the group finder, and with how many horrific adventures I've had with low ilvl people, I simply have to base my search on higher ilvl people, in the hopes that they understand how to play this damned game.

Deleted
    Make your own group
    Good luck finding Tank and Heal...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    That is - that raiding demands around 10% tanks, 10% healers and 80% dps, whilst dungeons require 20% tanks, 20% tanks, 60% dps.
    A 10 person raid has the same stats as a 5 person dungeon, you wont say that the biggest part of players raids on mythic I hope.
    For 30 person raids its a huge difference, but still, is Blizzard to blame that Joe and Jack Averall are playing DPS only and never look to heal or tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Good luck finding Tank and Heal...
    Be it yourself. Out of 12 classes available, there are only 4 that have no option other than DPS.

Deleted
    Don't take decline personally, everyone gets declined a large part even with great gear, there's a few reasons for this;

• They need another utility class, something with aoe stun, etc
    • They may need a class with bloodlust, sometimes they don't have one yet
    • There is a TONNE of melee dps this expansion, odds are there's already melee in the group
    • People like to stack one armour type sometimes (e.g. leather), so that players can trade between each other

Those are just a few examples of the reasons why.

As for everyone else spamming "Get a guild", that is true and I can't really judge your situation, however, getting groups in pugs right now as a DPS is not that great.

Although, to those screaming "MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP WAHHH", generally, making your own group doesn't go to far all the time, why join the DPS group when there's a group that has a healer/tank ready to go?

Although, yeah, pugging is an issue atm with lack of vital roles in dungeon finder etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    A 10 person raid has the same stats as a 5 person dungeon
    Raids are 10-30, I averaged at 20, with 2 tanks and 2-3 healers.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Yes, it sucks tbh.

This is also why they should at least make a hc of every dungeon and not make some mythic only.

I don't even get invited to +2/3 fast run groups as a 859 ivl TANK. People just want to get carried by mythic raiders while doing nothing it's crazy...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    You must have some very low bars for being friends in real life.
    God forbid I don't make it so everyone has to jump through hoops to be friends with me. How dare I be a social creature, like most other human beings. What monster am I?!

Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    If you are not a Mage with a decent Ilevel, Forget about being invited to LFG groups.
    I'm a Mage at 858, and I rarely get in ... but then again, I'm an Arcane mage

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    If you are deadset on joining pugs, then my advice is to stick out of the clump of 20 identical dps that also signed up. And make me want to choose you over that guy with 870+ itemlvl that want to destroy some time. But for the love of god don't be rude or completely socially awkward!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I'm going to say this and please believe it to be the truth.

Find

An

Active

Guild.

That is the key for surviving as a dps, and its even a good thing!

It doesnt have to be a raid guild, but many raid guilds allow socials anyway.

Within a guild start talking to peopel and try starting out by finding a healer or a tank you like, and then basicly stick to them like glue.

If a tank or a healer remembers you as a good dps, they will whisper you before anyone else in the guild about dungeon groups.
    > Be me
    > Scroll through 1000 guilds
    > Pick one
    > "Sorry, we're social, not really feeling like doing anything right now"
    > Pick another one
    > "Sorry we don't need more DPS we have 400 of them already"
    > Pick third one
    > "Sorry, your gear is not high enough, we require 860ivl"
    > Pick fourth one, the guild is quite old, very active
    > All slots taken, every member knows each other for years now, you stand on the side hoping they aren't premading for the 100th time
    > Finally get into the raid
    > Kill boss
    > Loot drops
    > It's ok you have DKP
    > Sorry, you are new, our veterans get priority since we go for mythic now and this is just HC and they need the best gear
    Yeah, getting a guild is so much fun, as much fun as PUGing anything as DPS

too many trash dps doing 120k in 850 gear, that's the problem

Deleted
    To be honest there is no one to blame really since things are like this because of the supply of different roles which comes from people playing what they want to. It's you who wants to find someone to blame because you can't get into mythic groups and when you're not trying to fix that for yourself guess whose fault it end up being? There's no big bad man keeping you from joining mythic dungeons, it's just an oversupply of DPS and you not making an effort to find people to queue with.

You trying to put the blame on people who take the better geared DPS is quite frankly ridiculous and that's why people are telling you easy ways to get into a group(get a guild/make a group yourself).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyvendaal View Post
    God forbid I don't make it so everyone has to jump through hoops to be friends with me. How dare I be a social creature, like most other human beings. What monster am I?!
    Well you're the one saying all you have to do is talk to people.

It's not hard being friendly and sociable but man, there's gotta be rapport.

Friending someone after running a single dungeon just doesn't jive. I don't know them why would I friend them?

Because there is a solution in this case. Roll a tank, roll a healer, get better gear, or wait longer.
    Why are people who use common sense blamed?

Quote Originally Posted by AnoExpress View Post
    One solution would be going the challenge mode route and making ilvl scale to the dungeon difficulty. That would fix the issue where people with higher ILVL are naturally prefered. What it would then do is cause a huge shitstorm about how there's no way to progress in mythic+, how gearing up is no longer rewarding, and it would naturally make mythic+ capped at a certain difficulty based on player skill.
    Then what would be the point of even doing them if gear was made irrelevant?

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging
    Because we have over 1000 DPS's in the queue, but its also due to the fact at this point having 854 isn't even that high. My main is sitting on an Ilvl of 868, and I still get declined from groups. But thats mostly due to them being full.

Most people that are joining M+ are raiders that need more AP, and see a low key thats easy to carry.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Raids are 10-30, I averaged at 20, with 2 tanks and 2-3 healers.
    4 is the average number of healers in a mythic raid, which is 20% and the same percentage of healers in dungeon groups.