Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I just do the scumbag move and scam the dungeon finder tool. If I'm playing a hybrid class I just set my role to a tank or healer and fish for another tank/healer, then I'll change my role when they join. On my Hunter alt I just invited a hybrid DPS class and explained it to them and change their role, lucky he's 863 now so I don't have issues getting invites.

Yes, I know it's a dirty trick and it's probably frowned upon by many, but it's kind of a requirement if you don't want to wait for a while.

Also another thing you can do when your item level is high enough is just demand a stupidly high ilvl to join. So on my Hunter I just set it to 860 required and it seems to find a good amount of tank/healers as I guess they're all after groups with high item level.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    4 is the average number of healers in a mythic raid
    Talking about the average raiding group, mythic raiders plan/organise gearing up etc for all classes/specs - so they are outside the 'pool' of people generally anyway.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Literally no problem for me. Freshly dinged 823 ilvl alt I wanted a keystone, made my own group in LFG and i filled it within 5 minutes, got my keystone and got boosted in +2 and +5 dht et voilà ilvl 840

to clarify: no never had problem on main either, just be persistent and apply for a few groups and it's worked just fine. Having to apply for 5-7 groups rather than 1-2 is to me an acceptable punishment for chosing to play dps
    Last edited by mmocffe5ed6b2e; 2016-10-07 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Sadly it is the life of a DPS nowadays. We cant use the good ole "Make your own group" rhetoric they love to spout on these forums either, i tried that yesterday and gave up after 2 hours or no tank or healer joining.

This is simply what happens when blizzard makes offspecs and alts tediously difficult to do.
    alts/offspecs are not tediously difficult to do. I played my druid since launch until last week where I decided to reroll, 4 days after hitting 110 I'm at 855 ilvl and a couple traits behind my druid.

offspecs are even easier to get good since if you played your main since launch, you should be at 7AK, which makes catching up the offspec weapon a lot quicker.

Just get off your lazy bum and actually do things instead of sit here and complain that it's hard.

Deleted
    Guys I applied for a job with 100's of others but they chose someone more qualified than me. WTF fix this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahij View Post
    Just get off your lazy bum and actually do things instead of sit here and complain that it's hard.
    Sometimes things - like healer/tank shortages, are out of your control and the state of one's bum has nothing to do with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Guys I applied for a job with 100's of others but they chose someone more qualified than me. WTF fix this shit.
    Or they chose someone who applied before you... either way, it is just part of the process. Not to be whinged about, just something to be accepted.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

this problem will never really go away, thats why I try to play characters that have a tank or healer spec since I know going in as those will make PuGing 5-mans infinitely easier (but then again healing difficult 5-man content in PuGs can be stressful)

its also why Paladins and Druids are GODS and probably why my warlock will get benched for all of the expansion (and if I do level him - he will likely need to survive on WQs, LFR and maybe a rare occasional Normal raid PuG)

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is not joining a guild a making your own group. The main problem is there are not enough tanks and healers.

If there are 3 tanks and 4 healers and 15 DPS online. Guess what, only 3 groups can form. Leaving 1 Healer and 6 DPS with no group. Whether they are in a guild or not is irrelevant. Being in a guild only gives you a slight advantage if you have tanks and healers available. If not, you are in the same position as people who aren't in a guild.

I'm sure later on in the expansion once AP is maxed out and people start working on off specs and leveling alts, the problem will be slightly better.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    This is my third expansion pugging raids/mythics, everything really. As a dps I have no problem getting into groups, I might get a couple declined applications but nothing too bad.
    Had the same experience as frost dk, takes like 20-30min to get into a group, also enabling other languages filter in LFG tool helps got into german and french group. I dont need to understand them since I know what the bosses do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Sometimes things - like healer/tank shortages, are out of your control and the state of one's bum has nothing to do with it.
    Its not like 80% of people only play
    rogue
    warlock
    mage
    hunter

so actually, a shortage of healers and tanks is self-made by a vast amount of players

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    Its not like 80% of people only play
    DPS specs... didn't say pure classes.

Please pay attention

Deleted
    DPS specs... didn't say pure classes.

Please pay attention
    You may if change your spec into a different role and loot for your DPS spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I haven't done a single Mythic yet on my 849 rogue or my 843 demon hunter. People don't trust people and all my friends stopped playing WoW multiple expansions ago. I'm not sure how to progress honestly
    99% is way of. Maybe the topic started off badly with the 99%. But if your a prefered dps it should be possible especially with 845+ ilvl. Your ww should be able to get into mythic groups as dps. Balance/feral will probably have it harder.
    Chances increases if your one of the prefered specs or above the curve of ilvl. Groups prefer 2 melee 1 range, their are many strong melee specs as for ranged i'd imagine firemage is the most prefered one unless they have a shaman. Hunters are great too but players are too scared of their acciedental pulls.

Another tip if you create a group is add in the title a ilvl of atleast 840+, by now even 845+. This increases your chances to attract a healer and tank.

Also monk, druid? Go tank, the transition from dps to tank isn't too hard and can be done with 15-19 artifact points which isnt hard. I'm doing this on my alts. Healer is in shortage reply, but harder transition from dps. Unfortunatly i don't have a choice with my mage (TT no easy runes from heroic que). Now it's still possible going with alt tank spec but i can understand that the bar for that is too high for people. But mythic+ might be a bit too hard for some anyway untill they overgear it :P.

The tank ratio in dungeon is different from raiding which also doesn't help the situation. This does feel like a faulty design in the game, and artifact emphasises this.
    But to be fair their is a bigger shortage of healer and that ratio isn't much different between dungeon and raid. In legion checked out one healing spec to get the artifact (resto druid) and got a headache of the armada of healing spells......it didnt help that i set up the 2 other specs for their artifact before either.

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    You may if change your spec into a different role and loot for your DPS spec.
    If it is the same role (e.g. DPS) that is reasonably easy, but gearing up a healer and a dps is somewhat more complex in Legion. Seems to be a thousand and one whinges about that everywhere.

Deleted
    If it is the same role (e.g. DPS) that is reasonably easy, but gearing up a healer and a dps is somewhat more complex in Legion. Seems to be a thousand and one whinges about that everywhere.
    All you need to change to go from healer to DPS is the trinkets and artifact weapon. Sure, stat weights may not be optimal but that's life.

Deleted
    This is a US thing I assume? No problems getting into mythic dungeons @ 843 itemlevel as a fire mage

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxo View Post
    This is a US thing I assume? No problems getting into mythic dungeons @ 843 itemlevel as a fire mage
    I have no idea, been running mythics since I could as a balance druid, I'm nearing 860 now and never had any trouble.

Sure some groups choose not to take me and that's fine, but I do several a day with randoms with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    make your own group and find a guild. This advice is as unintelligent and void as can be. Why embarass yourselves by parroting this idiocy?
    Well its the truth and the best current solution, there no need to be offended by it lol

But care to explain why you think its unintelligent and void? Or are you just trolling with a statement but giving no reason or justification for your comment?
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Deluxo View Post
    Fire mage is universally known to be among the top specs this exp.

Deleted
    99%? Don't queue up for groups that have 3 DDs already.