Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The Black Dragonflight [Spoiler if people haven't done that zone)

Heya all.

So, I have been pondering about something lately, are we going to see a stand off between the two sons of Deathwing?

Wrathion Vs. Ebonhorn?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You do realize that pretty much all of the dragonflight is Deathwing's sons, right ? Ebonhorn isn't that special. On the Dragonflights you usually had a patriarch and several consorts or a matriarch with consorts. They are all inbred. The only difference between the rest is that both Wrathion and Ebonhorn weren't corrupted by Deathwing and his Old God pals.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

At best we could see a fratboy brawl over the last known surviving female if one exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurkov View Post
    You do realize that pretty much all of the dragonflight is Deathwing's sons, right ? Ebonhorn isn't that special. On the Dragonflights you usually had a patriarch and several consorts or a matriarch with consorts. They are all inbred. The only difference between the rest is that both Wrathion and Ebonhorn weren't corrupted by Deathwing and his Old God pals.
    Is inbreding a thing with magical titan-enchanted flying lizards? Is there a case of inbreeding in WoW generally? genuinely curious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think Ebonhorn alludes to a confrontation with Wrathion at the end of Neltharion's Lair - after confronting Dargrul he says he's been called away on "family business."

"Spiritwalker Ebonhorn yells: The power of the mad king Dargrul is broken and Highmountain has you to thank, heroes. Now, there are other family matters that require my attention. Farewell, I hope when next we meet it is under more peaceful circumstances."

Since Wrathion is pretty much the only family Ebonhorn as left (excluding Sabellian, who likely remains in Outland) I would assume he is the "family" Ebonhorn is referring to. This will probably have ramifications later on in Legion, or else it's a seed for later expansion content.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

At the end of Neltharians lair, Ebonhorn does say he has some "other" family matters to attend to. So I think he is aware of Wrathion, but I don't believe Wrathion is aware of him at the moment.

While true, the fact is, as far as we know, Wrathion and Ebonhorn are the only ones remaining. At least on Azeroth. There's still some Blackdragons in Outlands. So just referring to them as "the two sons of Deathwing" is still a proper way to say it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I liked the alpha where was Wrathion

I am still wondering how Blizz could come up with such an anti climatic scene. Like, even the fact that at the most important moment Ebonhorn just leaves us like that is non sense (like... why did you even venture here with us in the first place?), but how the voice actor said that (basically with 'i dont care' voice) makes it even worse. THEN he appears just as we kill dargul and talks about family matter. So random and so dumb, could be one of the best legion dungeons, but this scene alone made it the worst for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Is inbreding a thing with magical titan-enchanted flying lizards? Is there a case of inbreeding in WoW generally? genuinely curious.
    It's kind of essential, there aren't a whole lot of options out there

Quote Originally Posted by Xykotic View Post
    Dragons are no more inbred than humanity. Going back far enough we're all distant cousins thanks to Mitochondrial Eve(100,000-200,000 years ago) and Y-chromosomal Adam(120,000-150,000 years ago).

There were also hundreds of Dragons at the start of the flights and more than just the Aspects had babies. Senegos, for a current example, has an entire brood that well predates Malygos' death 5-10 years ago(I'm not sure Blizzard ever updated the official timeline and there's no exact dates, but no matter how you figure it it hasn't been long enough for him to have an entire full grown family and a ton of whelps).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Heya all.

So, I have been pondering about something lately, are we going to see a stand off between the two sons of Deathwing?

Wrathion Vs. Ebonhorn?
    Ebonhorn and Wrathion are not the only 2 Black dragons alive, there are some in Outland.

Note: Wrathion was, before, hunting the rest of the Black Dragonflight, it would made sense for him to hunt down his brother in Outland (he is still corrupted) while Ebonhorn and Wrathion are not corrupted, so they may not end up being enemies, but i doubt they will be friends

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I liked the alpha where was Wrathion
    How would that make any sense for the story. Ebonhorn has been the advisor to the highmountain leader for generations, and wrathions only been around on azeroth around five years.
    #boycottchina

I am pretty sure that in the event of a face off between the two, Ebonhorn would curbstomp Wrathion in short order.

I mean, Wrathion might be a bit special, but he is literally like what, 5 or 10 years old at this point? Ebonhorn was born around the time of the War of the Ancients, which makes him around 10,000 years old. No matter how special Wrathion is, a full grown adult dragon with millenia of experience to draw on would crush him like a bug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Possibly. They seem like opposites, could cause a loggerhead one day. Wrathion would win though. He's too powerful both personally and in terms of followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    I am pretty sure that in the event of a face off between the two, Ebonhorn would curbstomp Wrathion in short order.

I mean, Wrathion might be a bit special, but he is literally like what, 5 or 10 years old at this point? Ebonhorn was born around the time of the War of the Ancients, which makes him around 10,000 years old. No matter how special Wrathion is, a full grown adult dragon with millenia of experience to draw on would crush him like a bug.
    He's 4-5yo atm

Quote Originally Posted by Maletalana View Post
    It's kind of essential, there aren't a whole lot of options out there
    Who says they can't breed with the other dragon flights?
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

I think it's more a matter of setting Wrathion straight and getting him to grow up. Ebonhorn has been an advisor for millenia, after all, and Wrathion is still a little kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Doubt we'll see them trying to destroy each other, I can't see that happening. Them working with us to slay the very beast that drove Deathwing mad however, I could see.

And that is N'zoth for those of you who didn't follow the lore. So from the amount of N'zoth related stuff we've seen so far and then this, I see us killing or at least pushing N'zoth back this expac. Maybe in 7.2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Ebonhorn and Wrathion are not the only 2 Black dragons alive, there are some in Outland.

Note: Wrathion was, before, hunting the rest of the Black Dragonflight, it would made sense for him to hunt down his brother in Outland (he is still corrupted) while Ebonhorn and Wrathion are not corrupted, so they may not end up being enemies, but i doubt they will be friends
    That I know, but at current, even Wrathion knows nothing to the ones in outland, though he has a bigger chance to find out about Ebonhorn due to us, the 'champions'. Reason one may ponder.

Both Ebonhorn and Wrathion doesn't have the corrupted connection, so they cannot know about each other, nor other beings. And one should take in to calculation of development, as Wrathion was meant to be in Ebonhorn's role until it was changed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and you do realize that I mentioned the two, and that makes sense with the whole, 'two sons', I didn't say the last or such.

And yes, I know about that, but one could still fall to ponder about if Wrathion might have a little thing for wanting the be the final call of the flight, or not. He doesn't always seem that stable.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Doubt we'll see them trying to destroy each other, I can't see that happening.
    Yeah, uncle Sabellian would be mad if he had to travel all the way from Outland to slap Wrathion into line :P