Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So far I have very good experience with pugging mythics. Im playing havoc dh and sure, theres alot declines but usually it takes me max 10-15 min to get into group. And so far I did not finish dungeon only once.

Get a mythic key and you'll find 860+ geared grps ready to boost you
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

They really need to put Mythics in LFD, since organized groups with geared people have all moved on to Mythic+. Sad thing is, last week my DH alt cleared up to +7 in M+ with guildies, but despite getting some nice 865 pants in the chest is still only 847 ilvl, so group finder treats me like I have ebola with a side of AIDS. Meanwhile, if I took my 866 DK main there I'd get an insta-invite to any group I apped for.

As people have said, join a guild. Usually some geared folks in them will run a normal Mythic for the AP, DE-able gear for Chaos Crystals and to get some WQs knocked out now and then. Once you have a keystone usually they'll boost you for the fast chance at WF/TF as well.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2016-10-07 at 02:44 PM.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    This

Is

Not

Right.

In most guilds, groups have already formed. If you ask in guild chat for a Mythic+ group for your key, you get no reply. People tend to say "Come on, farm gear so you can join our raid." but when you try to do so, they won't run with you because "nope, no interest in gearing you:"
    This has been my experience for many years. Its why I gave up in WoD. I always do research on guilds before I join, but once you get in, its not what you hope it will be. Most times cliques are formed. Also, most people will only group with the best players from the raid group for dungeon runs. I tried many times in various guilds to form groups with over 20+ online, and never get any interest. Those of you in good guilds are lucky and don't realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastfizzle View Post
    It does, actually.
    No, it doesn't. You still aren't any closer to your goal.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a tank, and someone who makes my own groups (herherher) I can say that more often than not unless I'm doing +4 or higher OR the key has the "Teeming" buff (which fucking sucks) I'll take any dps over ilvl 840 with the exception of hunters. I will almost always choose any other dps, even a frost DK pre-buff, over a hunter because they are just not worth the trouble they bring especially in mythic +. I agree with the guy that said find an active guild. I always ask guildmates first even if they are min ilvl i will run with them

If I could set my loot specialization: "My warlock alt's preferred spec" I would just tank/heal 100% of the time on my druid. But I can't so I take the declines until I get a group.
    I would like being able to get gear for another max level character, even if it prevented the item being traded with PL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    I haven't done a single Mythic yet on my 849 rogue or my 843 demon hunter. People don't trust people and all my friends stopped playing WoW multiple expansions ago. I'm not sure how to progress honestly
    Then you aren't trying. I think I've run all of 5 mythics with my guild, the rest have been rando's out of the group finder. No, I didn't make my own group.
    Yes, I've done mythic+. Adding stuff into the comments section like "I have flask/food, know all fights" or even as something as stupid as "I'm not bad" makes people look at you a little longer which will get you into groups more often.

I've not PuGd at all this expansion. It's beyond me why you guys don't just get guildies. PuGing is fucking awful anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Does this seem like the average to you? 99% of the groups i apply for in group finder i am declined, on my 851 balance druid or my 854 WW.

quite discouraging
    Counted same problem. Solution = start own grp and within 5min I have tank etc.
    If its just for mythic ( no +) just require 835 .. Did it yesterday and our 5th member got DC almost at start, we didn't replace him, but finished the dungeon without any trouble. Everyone in the grp was around 840 (give or a take a ilvl) except me.

So in short, start your own group and don't set the requirement for ilvl to high.

That's a bummer. I always find groups in minutes. Never had a problem.

I find that the types of people who make these posts or complain about this shit are the ones who nobody wants to be around in the first place. Every guild has these types - the people who have zero awareness, refuse to read a dungeon journal or watch a 2 minute video. The same people who scream about life being unfair and how they shouldn't have to talk or interact with people to get into a mythic+ dungeon.

Fuck off.

As a life long tank in this game I've seen your kind since the dawn of time. Needy, clingy, obsessive and entitled. It's a numbers problem for you friend. There are simply far more damage dealers than there are tanks and healers. If you want me to bring you to anything you better show me you're worth a damn and in the sea of damage dealers you really need to set yourself apart.

There's a reason I run with the same ret paladin since Wrath in all my dungeons and raids. There's a reason I run with the same small pool of healers I trust who can get the job done. I'm not going into some mythic dungeon and taking a shitlord @ 830 ilevel when there are literally 1141232283812391294 options for me to choose from. Am I supposed to feel sad or sympathetic to your plight? I don't know you from a hole in the wall. I'm sure you're a super swell person and your main is 895 but its all meaningless to me in the 7 seconds I spend looking for a pug DPS in the group finder tool.

Some of you need to wake up. You aren't owed shit. The solutions are simple. Start your own group or find a group (outside of the tool) like... you know... a guild. Make yourself valuable to them. Literally hundreds of thousands of people do this all the time. You can too.
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

I got declined on my 845 mage from a group that was looking for people with a min iLvl of 830. They were still looking for folks a good 10-15 minutes later.

I really wish mage had a healing or tank spec. I would run mythic's all day if it meant advancing my main.

I don't think people are being whiny: the people at fault are absolutely Blizzard. They are not at fault for the LFG tool; they are at fault for the 5M model. There is absolutely no reason we couldn't have 6m: 4 dps, 1 tank, 1 healer. That model would work fine. It's possible healer's might get some healing boost in 5m (meaning you might oddly heal more in 5m than in 20m) but we would survive and more dps would get spots.

The have probably needed to bite the bullet for a long time and let casters cast while moving. Whatever they have to do to make that work--and it would probably involve making all melee do more damage than ranged--they should be about it. It does no good to have the few mobile ranged being preferred in this content.

I will also blame Blizzard for the artifact model which discourages offspec so they can somehow make people feel they are a "Frost DK" and not just a DK. In their head, that is a good idea. In mine, it's not. Maybe they need to come over to my way of thinking. Rewarding people for specializing is punishing people for playing all their specs.

I know your pain.

This is partially why I decided to switch to healing for Legion. As a DPS, it was always a struggle to find a group. Dungeon queues were stupid long, and everyone always had enough DPS. Seemed like everyone needed heals/tank. So, I decided to go heals for this expansion and it has been nice.

Of course, you always have the option of finding a good guild to roll with or starting your own mythic group.

Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    I don't think people are being whiny: the people at fault are absolutely Blizzard. They are not at fault for the LFG tool; they are at fault for the 5M model. There is absolutely no reason we couldn't have 6m: 4 dps, 1 tank, 1 healer. That model would work fine. It's possible healer's might get some healing boost in 5m (meaning you might oddly heal more in 5m than in 20m) but we would survive and more dps would get spots.

The have probably needed to bite the bullet for a long time and let casters cast while moving. Whatever they have to do to make that work--and it would probably involve making all melee do more damage than ranged--they should be about it. It does no good to have the few mobile ranged being preferred in this content.

I will also blame Blizzard for the artifact model which discourages offspec so they can somehow make people feel they are a "Frost DK" and not just a DK. In their head, that is a good idea. In mine, it's not. Maybe they need to come over to my way of thinking. Rewarding people for specializing is punishing people for playing all their specs.
    How is changing this to 4 dps 1 tank 1 healer going to substantively help the problem? It'll alleviate some of the pressure, but you're going to run into the same issues down the road again - namely that the ratio of dps to tanks and healers vastly exceeds 4:1:1.

If anything they should've gone with GW model, where everyone can dps, tank and heal at the same time. But that would be a different game, and not the one I'd want to play.

I would decline you too since 851-54 is low at the moment for what I would want in a group. It is my choice because it is my group.

Stop with the communism ideas in WoW, you're not entitled to my group.

It's increasingly difficult as a DPS and if you don't want to join a guild (not everyone wants the obligations that come from being in a guild) then you're fairly screwed.

My tactic so far as been to join a "boost" group with my +2 key, beat them on dps and then hopefully do more runs with them after. Regular mythics are OK, I find I get accepted 20% of the time at 855 ilevel, maybe because rogues are more useful than some other classes.

In previous expansions I solely did PvP and could gear up there sufficiently for world content but unfortunately since MoP blizzard have been handing too much gear power to raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    This

Is

Not

Right.

In most guilds, groups have already formed. If you ask in guild chat for a Mythic+ group for your key, you get no reply. People tend to say "Come on, farm gear so you can join our raid." but when you try to do so, they won't run with you because "nope, no interest in gearing you:"
    You can't exactly blame them, considering the average WoW player has the attention span of a gnat.

Guildies will do whatever you need them to do, so long as you can show them that you're an asset, not a liability. However, since there are so many people applying for everything, it also becomes an issue of TIMING and SOCIAL APTITUDE.

If you get over while their main raid group is formed and needs nothing else, the only way they'll even try you out is if you have enough credibility to make them nearly accept you blindly, so timing is important.

Additionally, if you can't into conversations, they'll either assume that you're as bad in the game as you are with words or will simply not care enough about you to invite you for anything, so they'll never really see how you play to make a good judgment.

In the end, the problem with groups in WoW is very similar to the problem with jobs IRL. There are many positions available, but most people SUCK and there are so many people everywhere that whoever's looking to fill a position can just take their pick, and so they do just that. If you don't have a history of doing well, you have no choice but to make friends who'll vouch for your ability. This is a social game.

(And yes, everything above applies to non Mythic raiding as well. There are too many people around, so they have no reason to take Baddie #5002356 instead of Good Player #10402. The only kind of player people are okay with carrying are those who already are their friends. No one wants to carry randoms.)

I get declined all day on my 855 rogue. Started linking my logs showing 300k dps and I still get declined lmao. This is for regular ol mythics, not even +. So it's not just you.