Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafting View Post
    Nothing. Garrosh never touched Alexstraza. That was the Old Horde, when they used the Demon Soul to control her. The Demon Soul itself isn't inherently corrupt, and Deathwing even rebelled against the Old Gods when they tried to use the Soul to free themselves.
    Thats what I thought, dude is getting his history all twisted.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    He is blamed for cooperating and allowing Dragonmaw Clan into the Horde, not for doing something to Alexstrasza himself.

Even Garrosh's girl is Dragonmaw btw.
    Space magic.

I don't think Il'gynoth is a reliable source at all. If anything, we should assume the opposite of what he says is true.

Just take a look at Archdruid Glaidalis or Cenarius, they think they are cleansing the corruption, not realising it is themselves that are corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Although the specific circumstances of Nozdormu's corruption aren't known, it has already been dealt with in the End Time dungeon in an alternative timeway where the Old Gods were successful in implementing the Hour of Twilight. Since his corruption is apparently from the further future (at least based on contextual clues from Nozdormu at the close of the End Time dungeon) and as C'Thun is at present dead and beyond influencing other individuals, then the source of Nozdormu's corruption must be somewhere or someone else.
    C'Thun has ben resurrected though. This is why Cho'Gal is how he looks/looked. Granted im not 100% sure if the is still alive or if something else happened by now. I believe his resurrection was done because "Old Gods can't really die" became a thing. Yogg-Saron isn't dead either after all and we know what happened to the one they ripped apart...

Nozdormu however... or rather Moruzond says he did "all this" because the end times we experience are nothing compared to the real end times. What those real end times are we don't know, but it very much be the reason why the bronce dragonflight went the way they apparently will at some point in the not so distant future... I doubt he is corrupt at our current day and age though. But regardless of this, the birth of Moruzond is tied to something that we don't know about. It might very well be the real end times fueled by the old gods in a way we have yet to discover.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I don't think Il'gynoth is a reliable source at all. If anything, we should assume the opposite of what he says is true.

Just take a look at Archdruid Glaidalis or Cenarius, they think they are cleansing the corruption, not realising it is themselves that are corrupted.
    The old gods speak in riddles and some of their followers do too. They are not known for lying however, which is the thing. They play with your fears and with your expectations. They are much more... trying to make you believe in what yo ufear deep inside than flat out telling you the opposite. Its why it works so well... The Emerald Nightmare is also an entirely different thing... Lying to them and making them see a different reality is not the same.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2016-10-07 at 02:06 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post

Ilgy is some sort of sudo Old God thing. And they don't really tend to lie, aside of some pointless taunts. What Yogg told and shown us was true, for instance.

Archdruid, and all the other Druids affected by Nightmare, seem to have this "thing" for seeing a twisted world, in which we are the corruption, and they are the ones saving it. It's similar to what happened in Black Rook Hold.

omg that's amazing

Nothing. Garrosh never touched Alexstraza. That was the Old Horde, when they used the Demon Soul to control her. The Demon Soul itself isn't inherently corrupt, and Deathwing even rebelled against the Old Gods when they tried to use the Soul to free themselves.
    The lore about the demon soul is not consistent. There were some instances that show the artifact as being corrupted. It tempted its holder with promise of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Demon/Dragon Soul was created with both demonic magic and the influence of the Old Gods (who also corrupted Neltharion). The Old Gods' didn't completely enslave Neltharion they just unhinged him enough to serve their aims - and in his madness and greed for the power of the Demon Soul he temporarily turned against them. Every occurrence of the Demon Soul in Warcraft has underscored its corrupting influence - it nearly corrupts Malfurion while it's in his possession, Rhonin mentions feeling its influence as soon as he touches it, and so on. It's a nasty piece of work.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by n7stormreaver View Post
    He is blamed for cooperating and allowing Dragonmaw Clan into the Horde, not for doing something to Alexstrasza himself.

Even Garrosh's girl is Dragonmaw btw.
    Which makes as much sense as blaming NATO for what Germans did in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    Most likely he was talking about the pillars of creation. Aspects are no more. They lost their powers, whyone should care about them anymore. Pillars of creation is the weapon that even the oldest races were feared of. I think that collecting them and then using them against Legion may somehow opens the gates to the Old Gods dominion itself. This way Blizzard would create a perfect connection between Legion and next x-pac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    C'Thun has ben resurrected though. This is why Cho'Gal is how he looks/looked. Granted im not 100% sure if the is still alive or if something else happened by now. I believe his resurrection was done because "Old Gods can't really die" became a thing. Yogg-Saron isn't dead either after all and we know what happened to the one they ripped apart...
    Originally Posted by Dave Kosak
    Not every Old God is still alive and plotting. The Titans actually did kill a lot, so this particular Old God is dead. And is safely dead. Not all of the Old Gods were entombed. (Source)

But Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead. (Source)

Why did Y'shaarj side with Garrosh according to Sound Files? Is Y'shaarj an idiot!?!
    Garrosh brings heart of Y'shaarj back to life using the pools of Pandaria. Fortunately, the whole God isn't resurrected. (DaveKosak)

Why do the mantid hate the sha, but serve Y'Shaarj, while the mogu fought the old gods, but used the sha as weapons?
    Sha is aimless breath of a dead god. Klaxxi worship the god, hate the breath. Mogu kill the god, use the breath. (DaveKosak)

C'Thun was fully awake and free.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Worse, C'Thun has awakened, freed itself, and reemerged from the planet's depths. (WC Encyclopedia)
    We did kill C'thun. This is stated in the quests. The plot of the comics was Cho'gall trying to resurrect it, but Med'an stopped him.

Yogg had broken through all but the last of its restraints.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    This ancient horror has corrupted its guards, and now it is breaking through the last of its restraints. Faced with the peril of Yogg-Saron's imminent freedom, a band of mortals has made preparations for a sweeping assault on the city. (Game Guide)
    We killed Yogg as well. Yogg says it's gonna die and is salty about it. "Your fate is sealed. The end of days is finally upon you and ALL who inhabit this miserable little seedling. The shadow of my corpse will choke this land for all eternity."

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Well i appreciate the fact you brought up that... "thing" in order to give me some insight, because judging by your signature i would assume we share the... delight that guy gives us. Oddly enough im still sure i red somewhere that Yogg in particular was still pretty much an existing thing, which is why they seal him away again within Ulduar and rebuilding it for that sense as well, but that considered it might simply be to keep his corpse from being resurrected.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.