Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Poodlecorp and Lizard Squad members arrested.

Seems like karma is finally catching up with these DDoS kids. https://www.justice.gov/usao-ndil/pr...edly-operating

"CHICAGO — Federal authorities in Chicago have charged two suspected computer hackers for allegedly operating cyber-attack-for-hire websites that launched attacks on companies and individuals around the world.

ZACHARY BUCHTA, 19, of Fallston, Md., and BRADLEY JAN WILLEM VAN ROOY, 19, of Leiden, the Netherlands, are charged with conspiring to cause damage to protected computers. The charges are the result of an international investigation into the computer hacking groups “Lizard Squad” and “PoodleCorp,” according to a criminal complaint and affidavit filed in U.S. District Court in Chicago. Buchta and van Rooy allegedly conspired with others to launch destructive cyber attacks around the world, and trafficked payment accounts that had been stolen from unsuspecting victims in Illinois and elsewhere.

Buchta was arrested last month in Maryland. He is scheduled to make an initial court appearance in Chicago today at 11:00 a.m. before U.S. Magistrate Judge Jeffrey T. Gilbert. Authorities in the Netherlands arrested van Rooy last month and he remains in custody there.

The complaint and arrests were announced by Zachary T. Fardon, United States Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois; and Michael J. Anderson, Special Agent in Charge of the Chicago office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Substantial assistance was provided by the Office of International Affairs of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division; the Dutch Regional Criminal Investigation Service; the Dutch Prosecutor’s Office; and U.S. Attorney’s Offices in the District of Maryland, the District of New Jersey, and the Southern District of Ohio.

In addition to the charges, a federal court in Chicago ordered the seizure of four domain names associated with the alleged conspiracy. The complaint identifies the seized websites as shenron.lizardsquad.org, lizardsquad.org, stresser.poodlecorp.org, and poodlecorp.org.

Lizard Squad initially drew the attention of U.S. authorities during an investigation into phonebomber.net, a website that enabled paying customers to select victims to receive repeated harassing phone calls from spoofed numbers, according to the complaint. One of the victims, who resided in Illinois, last fall received a phone call every hour for thirty days. When the victim answered the phone, an audio recording stated that the victim “better look over your [expletive] back because I don’t flying [expletive] if we have to burn your [expletive] house down, if we have to [expletive] track your [expletive] family down, we will [expletive] your [expletive] up [expletive].”

Soon after the launch of phonebomber.net, Buchta, van Rooy and other members of Lizard Squad began denial-of-service attacks and boasted about them on social media, the complaint states. The attacks targeted various victims, including gaming, entertainment and media companies, and relied on a massive network of compromised computers and devices, according to the complaint.

Buchta, who used the online screen names “@fbiarelosers,” “pein,” “xotehpoodle” and “lizard,” and van Rooy, who used the names “Uchiha,” “@UchihaLS,” “dragon” and “fox,” also conspired with other members of Lizard Squad to operate websites that provided cyber-attack-for-hire services, facilitating thousands of denial-of-service attacks, and to traffic stolen payment card account information for thousands of victims, according to the complaint.

The public is reminded that a complaint is not evidence of guilt. The defendants are presumed innocent and are entitled to a fair trial at which the government has the burden of proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.

The conspiracy charge carries a maximum sentence of ten years in prison. If convicted, the Court must impose a reasonable sentence under federal statutes and the advisory United States Sentencing Guidelines."
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Maryland? You have to be pretty retarded to try to do a cyber crime where your IP address can be traced if you live in the United States.

I mean, unless you're really really good, to cover all your bases. Which most people aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Maryland? You have to be pretty retarded to try to do a cyber crime where your IP address can be traced if you live in the United States.

I mean, unless you're really really good, to cover all your bases. Which most people aren't.
    The first mistake was trying to turn their deeds into physical profit, it's like Kidnapping. Easy to start but nearly impossible to finish because at some point you have to get the money from them to you and if the authorities are involved that deed becomes exponentially harder. "Dump the money in the trash can" is very hard to pull off since detectives can just watch the money drop from afar then arrest who ever collects.

In such a way the money has to be delivered somehow and transactions can always be followed electronically or physically. Obviously these guys made themselves high enough profile that there was no way they were going to get away with it.

This is like a super genius robbing a bank with a lazer gun and a bag with 'LOOT' written on it, well if you were really a super genius you could of made a killing on Wallstreet and made billions legally so why did you commit a crime you could get caught doing that would put your pastey white ass in a prison shower for peanuts?

You don't troll hack for money, you do it for the lols, to prove you can and to see your name reported in media so you can masterbate to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charge them as terrorists and send them to Getmo. Let that Cuban weather deal with them.

I hope they make an example out of them.

"uchiha, dragon and fox" oh lawdy lawd.

Deleted
    Being super edgy and acting like a tough boy is all fun and games...until you get caught and arrested. ;3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Being super edgy and acting like a tough boy is all fun and games...until you get caught and arrested. ;3
    Probably was worth it to them. They may never learn :/
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    poodlecorp eh? good. never like those guys. always ddosed stuff just to annoy people.. never to make a point.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Not the one in the US - pasty 19yo computer nerds don't fare well in our penal system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Asuna I love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You mean Gitmo?
    My engrish is failing. :/

Haha of course they're 19 year olds with anime names

Deleted
    You'd have to be a really special person for that. :/
    They probably did not gain anything from it except for a few minutes of questionable internet "fame" - and prison life isn't exactly a walk in the park in most cases.

Deleted
    DDOS attacks is annoying and childish.

Making a service that calls someones private telephone with verbal threats?

Cut their fucking head off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostblade View Post
    poodlecorp eh? good. never like those guys. always ddosed stuff just to annoy people.. never to make a point.
    When they did have a point...it never made any logical sense anyways. Just cyber terrorists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Asuna I love you.
    Aww thank you
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    You'd have to be a really special person for that. :/
    They probably did not gain anything from it except for a few minutes of questionable internet "fame" - and prison life isn't exactly a walk in the park in most cases.
    No prison life in the US is well....very very shitty. These guys may end up being hardened after their sentence. I hope not but.../shrug
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki Asuna View Post
    When they did have a point...it never made any logical sense anyways. Just cyber terrorists.

- - - Updated - - -

Aww thank you
    thats what i mean. Poodlecorp never tried to make a point. they only annoyed people.

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    No prison life in the US is well....very very shitty. These guys may end up being hardened after their sentence. I hope not but.../shrug
    A little trouble from mommy and daddy should sort out their snot nosed-nerd faces.

These arent the type of people who become kingpins in prison.

These are the type of people who bend over...

i figured it was some crew of e-thugs who were teens.... classic...get what you deserve