Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Actually some do. Annoyingly the name of it escapes me right now but theres a thing people take that makes you like not feel any pain and to be like super strong. They tasered the shit out of this guy on cops and he just walked to the officer and took the taser lol. If some huge muscular guy is on that it's gonna take a lot of people to bring him down.
    Pain suppresion is one thing but no drug is going to "make you stronger" thats just not how it works. Nor will it grant you self defense skills.

I don't doubt its hard to take down someone high on those type of drugs but its not an excuse to open fire imo. I few cuts and scrapes should be expected in this line of duty

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    It's funny you link that, but guess how this guy was taken down? Pepper spray and taser. No one had to die, and no one had to be beaten, these are just idiot cops who think their only choice is kill or be beaten.
    Yea let's have a guy bash a female cop for a while whilst hoping for the third taser strike to finally have some effect after spending time hitting him with a baton and macing him. Good plan.

If it was me I'd have shot the enemy in the leg or the arm or whatever to incapacitate them.
    You don't have to shoot to kill you know.

A gunshot hurts like hell no matter where you get it, and if he's shot in the leg he cannot walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    For a woman, perhaps. It's my understanding that the other officers were male. Regardless it's 3 v 1. I'm 6'0 and used to be 300 pounds and it wouldn't have taken much to take me down. Punches also still hurt because they're punches...

As a former big dude I want to dispell the notion that fat somehow makes punches just roll off of you. Even now that I'm more muscular punches still hurt like a bitch.
    Then you have a soft chin and you were fat as hell. There is a difference when the person has more muscle and can take a punch. Some people can take a punch and some cant.

So, the only way murican cops can deal with anything its by shooting it dead?

They truly are heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    If it was me I'd have shot the enemy in the leg or the arm or whatever to incapacitate them.

A gunshot hurts like hell no matter where you get it, and if he's shot in the leg he cannot walk.
    No, no. no. People are not trained to shoot, both in the military and the police, in the ''legs''

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post

1) It's harder to specifically aim for legs/arms
    2) USA police isn't trained for that
    3) Get hit in the major leg artery and you'll still die pretty quickly

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Then you have a soft chin and you were fat as hell. There is a difference when the person has more muscle and can take a punch. Some people can take a punch and some cant.
    Your average person is going to feel the pain of a punch no matter what is my point.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Not sure why you think that trains you to kill, lulz.
    Do you honestly believe that anyone who recieved that amount of basic training in their military service was "trained to kill"?

Statistic and real world scenarios, like WW1, WW2 and pretty much every war involving guns before that, suggest otherwise my friend. They all knew where to hit the target, the fact remains that rarely anyone ever did it.
    Well, you picked the right forum name.

I guess nobody here has seen an individual on PCP...
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people are clueless to how hard it is to subdue a human being on a rage, drugs or no drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Pcp will not magically give you the strength to lift off 3 people pinning you down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Exactly, drugs can take the fear of pain from you.

Your average person is going to feel the pain of a punch no matter what is my point.
    Feel the pain yeah they will. People react to pain very differently. Some fall over and grab their knees and pull them to their chest and start crying like little punks. Some get enraged and fight even harder. Thinking he was the enraged type to be able to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Wrong. The second he assaulted a police officer, his life was forfeit.
    I did not realize assault was eligible for the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by PepperedAngus View Post
    1) It's harder to specifically aim for legs/arms
    2) USA police isn't trained for that
    3) Get hit in the major leg artery and you'll still die pretty quickly
    1. Better than not shoot at all like this girl did. If she was afraid of the repercussions from killing him then try to incapacitate him
    2. That's just another example of how the US Police is broken. Incapacitating should be first priority, killing should be a last resort.
    3. Your chances of surviving are still higher. Accidents can always happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Feel the pain yeah they will. People react to pain very differently. Some fall over and grab their knees and pull them to their chest and start crying like little punks. Some get enraged and fight even harder. Thinking he was the enraged type to be able to do this.
    Yes I realize that I was just dismissing the notion that larger people have inherently high pain tolerance. That's not always the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I don't think it does any good to look back in hindsight about whether you should have killed someone or not. You lived, the suspect lived and he's going to do hard time.

Pcp will not magically give you the strength to lift off 3 people pinning you down
    PCP is an anesthetic. Meaning an individual does not feel the pain of muscle strain, broken bones, etc... which allows them to push their body further than a normal individual. When you strain, you will feel that pain and most likely stop to avoid going further, to prevent injury. An individual on PCP does not have this sensation to stop, so they go further and more often than not will injure themselves. No PCP is not some magic drug that makes the person "stronger", but the muscles in the human body are fucking strong as they are. We just sense pain to prevent injury when we push to far.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    A 200lb man came into my pharmacy once, we denied his meds and he went on a opiate rage. It took 4 men just to get him out of the store, there was no subduing him. He kept trying to come into the pharmacy after being taken out. 5 police officers showed up, the altercation still lasted another 5 minutes or so before they brought him down.

Everyone was injured in the ordeal. The man in question had both shoulders dislocated, an elbow dislocated, broken ribs and a fractured ankle.

That was without pcp.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    As a soldier, I've had to deal with this type of issue on numerous occasions. Life is not as clear cut as the Monday night quarterbacks would have you believe. Sometimes you just have to make peace with a bad set of consequences. Do I shoot up that car moving towards my convoy or not? Maybe the driver is just distracted, maybe he's confused, or maybe he's a suicide bomber about to kill my buddies. In that scenario, you have to choose between potentially going to prison for killing civilians, or looking your buddy's widow in the eye knowing you could have saved him. I personally will take the prison time, but in honesty, it's a choice I should not have to make.

Police officers admittedly should have a higher standard than soldiers, as their purpose is to keep the peace, not prosecute wars. That being said, they should not have to sacrifice their lives on the altar of political correctness.
    looking around
    Where's the fkin like button on this thing...