Outlaw low DPS help needed

Hey guys,

So I'm doing really really low dps and I'm looking for any help at all.

I'm in a progression guild and have been dropped from the progression group due to my low dps. I don't have any issues with mechanics, of course i'm not perfect but I try to put mechanics first.

I'm not sure what or where i'm going wrong. I've followed guides with advise on rotations, i'm working on not letting ghostly strikes drop, nor having RTB drop. My performance history is at like 9-15% on most fights.

Below are links to my wowprogress, and warcraftlogs info.

warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/16994137/latest/
    wowprogress.com/character/us/gilneas/Kilum

I'm not sure how accurate wowprogress is but it lists me as the #11 DPS on my server, and the #3 Rogue yet when it comes to the raids I'm basically one of the last on the DPS charts.

Any feedback, or guides or something is welcome. Also i neglected to mention i use askmrrobot to help decide what gear to equip.

So from what I can see (and i'm no expert) [looking at ursoc]:

Your Ghostly uptime is very bad (~50%? unless my morning math is bad). At that point, you would've been better off with swordmaster.
    You have only cast ambush twice, yet had TB three times. Should've easily been able to do 5+ Vanish casts that fight. Its a dps boost, use it.
    You somehow let alacrity fall off?

Other fights:
    It seems like you are rerolling TB before the duration is even close to being done, on some fights. Why is that? You always keep TB, it's amazing for consistent dps with MfD, AR and Vanish.
    Vanish,vanish vanish. Use it. It is amazing. It is basically free combo points and damage that eliminates a little bit of rng.

I would suggest reading through the rogue discord here: https://discordapp.com/channels/1241...03271068958722 , especially the FAQ section, as it is very helpful in general.
    Last edited by Sinte; 2016-10-07 at 05:59 PM.

And you used no pots. those are huge stacked with AR + DreadBlades.

- - - Updated - - -

Other thing looks like you casted AR and DreadBlades before pull? Do it after you ambush and ghostly strikes and a SS + RT then get 50+ energy back, not a rush, as long as you do it within 10 seconds of pull to get your AR + DB in with your pot. Also missed out on 7 Oppertunity proc's, however that can be normal cause I never use them during Blades etc. unless I dont' have the energy to SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    So from what I can see (and i'm no expert) [looking at ursoc]:

Your Ghostly uptime is very bad (~50%? unless my morning math is bad). At that point, you would've been better off with swordmaster.
    You have only cast ambush twice, yet had TB three times. Should've easily been able to do 5+ Vanish casts that fight. Its a dps boost, use it.
    You somehow let alacrity fall off?

Other fights:
    It seems like you are rerolling TB before the duration is even close to being done, on some fights. Why is that? You always keep TB, it's amazing for consistent dps with MfD, AR and Vanish.
    Vanish,vanish vanish. Use it. It is amazing. It is basically free combo points and damage that eliminates a little bit of rng.

I would suggest reading through the rogue discord here: discordapp.com/channels/124169701881282560/215503271068958722 , especially the FAQ section, as it is very helpful in general.
    Hey thanks for your reply. My ghostly uptime was 73% on that fight, which is still bad . I've actually been working on that and have been much more mindful of not dropping the buff. Yeah guess i have been slacking on vanish/ambush. Guess i'll have to track that better as well.

Regarding TB, that was when i thought you rerolled for shark infested waters as the only single buff.

I actually already had the discord info but never really read the FAQ info, so i'll check that out. Thanks for your feedback. Hopefully others will also be able to find what else i'm missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Turismon View Post
    And you used no pots. those are huge stacked with AR + DreadBlades.

- - - Updated - - -

Other thing looks like you casted AR and DreadBlades before pull? Do it after you ambush and ghostly strikes and a SS + RT then get 50+ energy back, not a rush, as long as you do it within 10 seconds of pull to get your AR + DB in with your pot. Also missed out on 7 Oppertunity proc's, however that can be normal cause I never use them during Blades etc. unless I dont' have the energy to SS.
    Hey Turismon, Yeah I can't afford pots haha.. i know they help a lot but I'm not one of those wealthy players!

I actually changed up my AR/Dreadblades combo. I now Ambush, GS, SS, SS, AR, RT, DB, SS, RT. Well I do that if i get two buffs or TB or SW as single buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pots are not required, but definitely give a healthy boost. You want to check all of your buff and debuff times and compare them to top parsing rogues. Unfortunately, most are jumping ship to assassination now, any thoughts on switching? Much less RNG involved.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post
    Pots are not required, but definitely give a healthy boost. You want to check all of your buff and debuff times and compare them to top parsing rogues. Unfortunately, most are jumping ship to assassination now, any thoughts on switching? Much less RNG involved.
    There's only 3 fights out of 7 that you can say people are "jumping ship" for. Nythendra, Elereth, and Ursoc. Every other fight, Outlaw outperforms the other specs by far. Outlaw outperforms the other specs by far in mythic+ as well. So if you say fuck Outlaw for less than half the fights in EN, and be sub-par for any content outside of raids, go for it. But don't tell others to make such a stupid decision.

Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post
    I'm not too fond of Assassin. I actually have 15 AP in my Sub weapon and it's only a couple ilvl's lower than my main. I may either have to work on Sin, or maybe switch to another class. I haven't picked up and relics in any of our Heroic/normal EN raids so it wouldn't be too bad to switch to Sin.

The thing stopping me from switching class besides all the time I've invested in Outlaw, is that none of my alts are 110. The thought of having to do all the leveling/rep all over again, and being a month behind. I'd rather just L2P.