Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Exclamation Why is Arthas the only lore figure that Blizzard has refused to bring back?

It's weird. Arthas is the one lore figure that blizzard has refused to resurrect or bring back. Was Arthas' death different from other lore figures?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because his story concluded at Icecrown Citadel in Wrath. There's not much else to do aside from flashbacks and so forth. Illidan being brought back was well BC was a bit messy and confusing. That and they made Kael'thas(Wish they'd bring this guy back) a villain cause boss to fight.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Keal'thas is back?
    Vanceef is back?
    Ragnaros is back?
    Etc. There are many things we kill which don't come back.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    It's weird. Arthas is the one lore figure that blizzard has refused to resurrect or bring back. Was Arthas' death different from other lore figures?
    Because other than other characters, he isn't just dead, he's dead-dead. We know through the lore he is residing in what equates to hell, there is no AU version of Arthas, whatever bit of him that resided in frostmourne is (has) been destroyed/defeated. He ain't coming back, and even if they did what does he bring? He's a fallen paladin turned deathknight that became the lich king, take those three things away and you have a whiny brat of a person that was too self-absorbed to care about doing the right thing (He just did what HE thought was the right thing, even when others told him otherwise....even with proof!!)

Basically, we'd end up with Azeroth's version of Kanye....
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    You do get to encounter a memory or echo of Arthas in Legion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Both I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I know. It was a cool easter egg by blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Keal'thas is back?
    Vanceef is back?
    Ragnaros is back?
    Well Ragnaros came back after we defeated him in MC. Kael did come back the same expansion after we defeated him in TK. VanCleef - not so much, apart from his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Well Ragnaros came back after we defeated him in MC. Kael did come back the same expansion after we defeated him in TK. VanCleef - not so much, apart from his daughter.
    Ragnaros made some sense though. He was not fully "formed" in MC, and the Elemental Lords could only be killed in their plane. KT was weird though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas got the end of his story in WotLK... Hell he had a whole story based expansion based on him, unlike Illidan in BC. Arthas died when we killed his body which hosted the Lich King. He is dead. Dead. D E A D. DEAD! He won't come back, we do see memories of him and we do encounter his soul, well DKs do at least, but he is gone. His soul is/was trapped inside Frostmourne and now the Frost DK blades.

I have enough trouble with Illidan fanboys.

Please stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Kael did come back the same expansion after we defeated him in TK.
    That's on us for leaving him with a pulse in TK. We corrected that mistake in MGT.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Ragnaros made some sense though. He was not fully "formed" in MC, and the Elemental Lords could only be killed in their plane. KT was weird though.
    kael'thas never died in tempest keep, we left him there barely alive, then priestess delrissa brought him back up to his feet.
    we finished him off in magisters' terrace.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I have enough trouble with Illidan fanboys.

Please stop it.
    indeed, the lore is what the lore is, you thought Illidan was evil, he actually wasn't - not like ARthas at all, he shoudl finish what he started, he's sacrificed enough already i think.

Deleted
    No king rules forever.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't go as far as to say Arthas is completely gone from WOW. Dead and story arc concluded? Yes. However, as others have already pointed out, memories of Arthas are scattered throughout the Broken Isles and accessible only to Frost DKs, suggesting that remnants of his soul still linger within the daughter blades of Frostmourne. Blizzard loves to play "never say never" with their pet characters so, while it's highly unlikely Arthas would return in any significant capacity, it is not outside the realm of possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Keal'thas is back?
    Vanceef is back?
    Ragnaros is back?
    Kael'thas came back after Tempest Keep. He should be dead for reals now after handing over his head to a quest giver, but who knows with Blizzard.
    VanCleef somewhat lives forward in his daughter Vanessa, but its not like Edwin has been a big character in the first place.
    Ragnaros obviously came back after Molten Core, and considering him being a huge WoW icon I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow brought him back again.

I don't think they bring back Arthas (as of yet) back because his story had a proper conclusion, and bringing him back just for the sake of fanservice or something would ruin his character. If they do bring him back they should atleast bring back the good Arthas before he picked up Frostmourne, but even then there's not much that Arthas can do by himself at this point. Maybe its best that they don't bring him back, they are already ruining Illidan the more I progress his storyline...

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Arthas the only one?
    Anduin Lother hasn't returned.
    Antonidas has't returned.
    MU Gul'dan hasn't returned.
    Uther the Lightbringer hasn't returned, only as a ghost.
    Daelin Proudmoore has't returned.
    Edwin VanCleef has't returned.
    Cairne Bloodhoof hasn't returned.
    MU Durotan and Draka hasn't returned.
    MU Blackhand hasn't returned.
    Nekros Skullcrusher hasn't returned.

I don't know how many Lore characters you are aware of, or rather how few, but there is a whole lot of Lore characters they aren't bringing back, not just Arthas!
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2016-10-07 at 08:34 PM.

Because the Arthas/LK wciii-wotlk arc was perfectly handled so perfectly, all they could do now is fuck it up.
    Whatever the hell is going with Bolvar LK gives Blizzard ways to continue the Scourge w/o messing him up
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    Give it time.