Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    This change will result in some new changes.

It'll be A LOT harder to get your +2 key boosted. Yes I know some people argue that groups boosting +2 keys are being accused of destroying a community etc. but in all seriousness, the +2 key boosts give better results than the average pug, for the person with the key. Since farming +2 keys is no longer efficient for AP, they won't be boosted nearly as much as they are now.

It'll be a struggle getting to boost people's +7 keys because someone needs to get the keys to level 7 first :>
    It's faster to boost a +2 into a +5 then it is to wait for +5/6 only unless you're getting instants (at which point you are proven false anyway), therefore there's absolutely 0 reason for 2 boosts to stop (And now boosts at higher levels will happen, too).

This also helps the massive amount of players who can do their 2/3/maybe 4 themselves but struggle at the 5/6/7 level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    It's faster to boost a +2 into a +5 then it is to wait for +5/6 only unless you're getting instants (at which point you are proven false anyway), therefore there's absolutely 0 reason for 2 boosts to stop (And now boosts at higher levels will happen, too).

This also helps the massive amount of players who can do their 2/3/maybe 4 themselves but struggle at the 5/6/7 level.
    It's faster to boost yeah, but speed doesn't equal the highest amount of AP/Hour.

No, it's more AP/hour because its better AP to boost a +2 into a +5 than to wait 5-10mins for a +5. If you're waiting less? This nerf clearly hasn't affected the boost queue.

I agree with someone elses comment that AP should be proportional to the dungeons timer though - You're never going to be doing HoV in 10mins in a boost (well maybe I'm wrong on the number, but point still stands)
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    You'll farm +2/+3/+4 regardless, because Legendaries.
    You'll get people giving you keys, because possible free loot and Legendaries.
    Leveling offspec/alt weapons will be a goddamn mess (on top of what it is now already).
    Seems legit Blizzard. Nothing to see here folks, move along.
    +1.

change was good and needed. spamming 13min runs for DHT and getting 750(+)x6 was too much. my group (with the one pugger) spammed +2 for 2 nights and we were able to get two golden traits on alt specs. WAYYYY too much AP for the little effort required
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

This is the same problem Diablo has had also, why bother farming the content 2-3 torment levels higher when you could farm torments 2-3 levels lower at three times the speed.

This needed a nerf and it still needs another one aka diminishing return chances on Legendaries on lower level M+. There should never be a reason why you would want to farm low level content and developers should be pushing you to do the hardest content you can do all the time.

Deleted
    No, it's more AP/hour because its better AP to boost a +2 into a +5 than to wait 5-10mins for a +5. If you're waiting less? This nerf clearly hasn't affected the boost queue.

I agree with someone elses comment that AP should be proportional to the dungeons timer though - You're never going to be doing HoV in 10mins in a boost (well maybe I'm wrong on the number, but point still stands)
    Yeah, if the wait time for +5 is 5-10minutes, which you don't know. When having a premade group signed up looking for +2 keys, you still get a shit-ton of requests to boost keys above level 2.

I think a nerf to the ap per chest would have been better, giving more ap the higher you go.

Good change overall

I wasn't a fan of doing +2-3 carries

Now whenever I don't have a group of guildies to run with, I can get a ton of AP from looking for specific +4-6 keys that I want to do.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    Yeah, if the wait time for +5 is 5-10minutes, which you don't know. When having a premade group signed up looking for +2 keys, you still get a shit-ton of requests to boost keys above level 2.
    If it's higher you boost the +2 into a +5.

I don't get which part of this isn't obvious yet. I don't need to 'know' anything, because this change will not remove everyone looking for boosts and therefore is purely a positive for people looking for boosts.

If it's higher you boost the +2 into a +5.

I don't get which part of this isn't obvious yet. I don't need to 'know' anything, because this change will not remove everyone looking for boosts and therefore is purely a positive for people looking for boosts.
    How is it purely a positive for people looking for boosts? They still get the boost for having a +2 keystone but less ap now. Less people will try to carry a +5 and will probably just do the higher mythic+ instead creating a gap. Only reason we boosted a +5 yesterday was because it was Maw, and the chests still gave ap for each one. Now we will probably just keep it in the guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    How is it purely a positive for people looking for boosts? They still get the boost for having a +2 keystone but less ap now. Less people will try to carry a +5 and will probably just do the higher mythic+ instead creating a gap. Only reason we boosted a +5 yesterday was because it was Maw, and the chests still gave ap for each one. Now we will probably just keep it in the guild.
    +4-6 are seen as optimal with this change since boosting a +7 or higher will be seen as 'difficult' for a lot of the less fantastic boost groups. Effectively they're considered the sweet spot of speed vs gain

Artifact Power is 100% a nonissue for people who aren't trying to super speed grind it up, it comes naturally and is carried by your research. Anyone who hasn't cleared mythic EN yet (or within next couple weeks max really) shouldn't be worrying about their artifact power really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    So people identified a way to get a grossly disproportionate amount of AP from one source in the game, and now they're upset that it was nerfed?

Color me surprised.
    the people that are upset are the ones who are rerolling a new class for their guilds, or players who had a late start. Now those players who abused it will be massively ahead for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    the people that are upset are the ones who are rerolling a new class for their guilds, or players who had a late start. Now those players who abused it will be massively ahead for a long time.
    It seems like Blizzard's MO lately. Wait till people are massively ahead then nerf it so no one can catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    It's almost as if the artifact knowledge catchup will get you within a couple traits extremely quickly anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awful just awfuk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Finally, this whole +2 farm was getting seriously boring and really it was seriously dumb that this was the best way to do M+ aside from weekly +10 once.

Looking forward to seeing more high level M+ around now.

My only complaint about it is what took them so long to realize that M+2 effectively gave the best rewards.
    I suspect that this change will actually have a very MINIMAL impact on increasing higher mythic participation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    in a few weeks or months it won't even matter given the boosts
    This.

AP farm is a waste of time unless your a Mythic raider or gladiator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I believe the person on my server with the most AP has 7 times the amount I have (thanks to wowprogress)

That's not normal.. sure I don't farm it much, but how can some people be so far ahead so early it's just weird.

That grind was supposed to last the full xpac, and it was said artifact knowledge would do a huge part, we're just at 5-6 and some people are already way ahead of other people.

Personally I think the ridiculous is the small amount of AP mythic raid bosses drop compared to dungeons, which are spammable and not on a weekly lockout. I think Blizzard made a mistake.. there should have been some kind of soft weekly cap where after a certain amount, you have diminishing returns.
    Their was no way the ap grind would last all expansion even if you never ran a single mythuc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    It makes sense to me. The system was simply to rewarding for some, and not rewarding enough for others. It's put in line now and all is fine
    Depends on whose perspective. Now its simple less rewardimg for some and probably still not rewarding enough for others. Again thjs balancing act is awful. Nerf the rewards for one group so you can buff the rewards for another.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Their was no way the ap grind would last all expansion even if you never ran a single mythuc.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on whose perspective. Now its less rewarding and potentially too rewarding for others. They simple flipped the equation.
    Where are people getting this sentiment from? Blizzard has stated that AP will be something you'll want for the entire expansion. They will continue to add stuff in the future they said, it would seem extremely dumb not to considering they created this entire AP system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Where are people getting this sentiment from? Blizzard has stated that AP will be something you'll want for the entire expansion. They will continue to add stuff in the future they said, it would seem extremely dumb not to considering they created this entire AP system.
    Thats fair. I was making that case purely on the system as it exists now not inclduing any additions. Im curious what they will bolt onto it though. Itll have tk be something requires a fairly significant amount of AP. Theirs nothing in it for karazhan as far as in aware and the amount of AP knowledge people will have by that point will mean AP gain per item is insane. I guess they can make it like diablo paragon points. Put points in get increases in whatever.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-10-07 at 08:15 PM.

Honestly, we all saw this coming from miles away. It made ZERO sense that the most efficient way of running mythic+ was to do lowest possible keys due to AP farm. If you've got ilvl 850 you've got no business in below +5, nevermind 860/870s running +2 when they should do +10