Deleted

Impish incineration

does the destro trait "impish incineration" - imp dmg+18% affect grimoire of service?
    also if i had to choose for this one or +8% critt on imolate, wich should i pick?

i'm asking this bec my next trait is 64k rip.

bai

Impish incineration is basically a 4th gold trait, you should grab it if for some reason you didn't immediately get it.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

yes it effects all imps... or sac, or doomguard if you have those grimoires... why you dident pick it up sooner, idk, cause its a insanely good trait

Deleted
    yea i know, i screwed up i went for dimensional ripper. biiig mistake.

- - - Updated - - -

thanks ./10char

Deleted
    Its the gold trait that never was.

I'm seeing it benefit Imps, Doomguard, and Demonic Power regardless of Grimoire choice.
    Last edited by Keldion; 2016-09-28 at 03:47 AM.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Deleted
    Will I get the damage boost if I don't sac an imp?

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC View Post
    Will I get the damage boost if I don't sac an imp?
    Grimoire of Sacrifice is in no way affected by what demon you sacrifice anymore.

If you have Grimoire of Service, Impish Incineration works as normal, affecting your Imp/Fel Imp.

If you have Grimoire of Supremacy, Impish Incineration's tooltip states that it ONLY affects your Doomguard.

If you have Grimoire of Sacrifice, Impish Incineration's tooltip states that it ONLY adds damage to your Demonic Power (the buff for bonus damage you get when you sacrifice a demon).

It is a solid damage boost, albeit not a very interesting one. I was thinking of going for Dimensional Ripper first as well but the % crit chance on Immolate, Lord of Flames (soooo fun) and Conflagration of Chaos talents seemed too interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapex View Post
    If you have Grimoire of Service, Impish Incineration works as normal, affecting your Imp/Fel Imp.

If you have Grimoire of Supremacy, Impish Incineration's tooltip states that it ONLY affects your Doomguard.

If you have Grimoire of Sacrifice, Impish Incineration's tooltip states that it ONLY adds damage to your Demonic Power (the buff for bonus damage you get when you sacrifice a demon).

It is a solid damage boost, albeit not a very interesting one. I was thinking of going for Dimensional Ripper first as well but the % crit chance on Immolate, Lord of Flames (soooo fun) and Conflagration of Chaos talents seemed too interesting.
    Regardless of what the tooltip states, Impish Incineration is affecting all three sources of damage. The Imp's Firebolt tooltip is also 4% larger than its actual performance, due to incorrectly representing Flames of the Pit.
    Last edited by Keldion; 2016-09-28 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Clarified Imp Firebolt tooltip
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldion View Post
    Regardless of what the tooltip states, Impish Incineration is affecting all three sources of damage. The Imp's Firebolt tooltip is also 4% larger than its actual performance, due to incorrectly representing Flames of the Pit.
    Came here looking for this answer. I was wondering if I could run with an imp out for single target encounters and sacrifice it for aoe. I thought I'd lose the extra imp CD, but it would be a nice tradeoff for a little aoe/single target versatility, which is what warlocks seem to be struggling with.

Did some dummies and sadly it looks like the imp doesn't do as much damage as I thought it would. For me, anyway, it's better to just keep it sacced, ST or not.

Curious what others have found.
    Last edited by dr-awkward; 2016-10-08 at 01:44 AM.