Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    Holy shit.

Trump recorded having extremely lewd conversation about women in 2005

“Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.”

"Melania said this was okay.”

Trump is da man! Makes him even more electable. And like he said, "Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close". Pretty sure he never said any of that about that fat ugly pig Rosie O'Donnell, though.

What is really sad, though, is this pathetic attempt by the MSM to try and sink Trump on a daily basis. They have known about this for 10 years but just decide to release this now? LOL. Can't wait for more "revelations" as election day draws closer.
    Last edited by Trump; 2016-10-07 at 08:33 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I am all for being productive, but there are jobs that no longer fit into our economy. Because of how capitalism and free markets work. So as I mentioned we need to talk about that.

The fault I give to politicians, are mainly republicans who only care about the upper classes, and the democrats who forgot about the lower classes and only focus on the upper to upper-middle.

But the people that are most affected by industrialization are also the people that are most tied to "God, Guns and Gays". And so their goto is the GOP, which gives them religious mouth service, and nothing else. While actively fighting against some programs the Democrats push that might actually help them. So again, it goes on both the people and the politicians... Only blaming the politicians is missing the other half of the problem; and if you want to fix a problem you need to fully understand it.
    These jobs are thrown out and nothing done to replace them. Democrats also only care about the upper classes, their upper classes just happen to be Mark Zuckerberg rather than the Koch borthers. You are once again ignoring the Left's own complicit role in blighting these people.

So your opposition to them is once again an appeal to Thomas Frank who has also pointed out the Left's own role in driving these voters away.

But if you yourself acknowledge that you care more for Gay Marriage than Labor and would ditch Working People purely for their social conservatism then that reveals whose solidarity you have. Ultimately is is only with issues that don't really challenge power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    Trump is da man! Makes him even more electable. And like he said, "Bill Clinton has said far worse to me on the golf course — not even close". Pretty sure he never said any of that about that fat ugly pig Rosie O'Donnell, though.
    Yeah man!!?! Whoooo hooo!
    Women gots to love him, amirite?

And all those Evangelicals, too!
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Do you know of anyone that aspires to be a coal miner? Or work near a sweltering furnace sweating their heads off?

A job is done to make ends meet, if you could do a better/easier job (thanks to your education), instead of coal mining, the vast majority would.

Again, bringing jobs that have gone to China, or elsewhere, to the US, will up the cost of production, which means you will pay more. And the people that are already hurting, will be hurt by this more than I, or you will be. Which means companies will either have to pay cents on the dollar(which is not a living wage), or automate work.
    You are talking of the now. I'm referring to the case of if they had never left to begin with. We should have taken protectionist measures when china entered the WTO. Also yeah I find much more pleasing to work in a coal mine than serving burgers at McDonald's, because that's what happens when trade shocks occur. Why is it always the engineers that engage in this type of wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Service-Based economies produce low wage and poor jobs. The ongoing Appalachification of the country will thus continue and people act surprise that those areas don't like the system and want to throw a molotov cocktail at it?

The problem is you act like its an act of God or something, when this is the conclusions of human made trade policy, policy the Democrats have gone along with since Bill Clinton.
    The manufacturing sector will never be the same source of high numbers of low-skill jobs again. Moving forward, it will provide fewer and higher-skilled jobs. We can a) whine about it or b) try and ensure the jobs we do have don't suck so much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Violence is much more appealing when you have a good motive. A resource based war, in a fragmented world would be much more possible than in a global world.
    But i get it, you want to watch the world burn, if that kills the corrupt oligarchs (alongside billions more)
    A resource based war in a fractured world is a bit less damaging than global wars in the big bad global world. After all the so-called "Dark Ages," had less deaths from war than the Roman Imperial period and generally the average lifespan went up.

The big wars that kill millions, the mass problems of ecological pollution and environmental destruction of climate change are themselves only possible in our modern globalized world.

You say it will stop these problems, but it hasn't nor have you explained how it will.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    The manufacturing sector will never be the same source of high numbers of low-skill jobs again. Moving forward, it will provide fewer and higher-skilled jobs. We can a) whine about it or b) try and ensure the jobs we do have don't suck so much.
    We will do neither. Democrats aren't going to do that, neither will Republicans.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Also yeah I find much more pleasing to work in a coal mine than serving burgers at McDonald's, because that's what happens when trade shocks occur.
    Automation and the cheap price of gas are the biggest damagers to the coal industry. If you'd said "assembly line" you'd be right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    You are talking of the now. I'm referring to the case of if they had never left to begin with. We should have taken protectionist measures when china entered the WTO. Also yeah I find much more pleasing to work in a coal mine than serving burgers at McDonald's, because that's what happens when trade shocks occur. Why is it always the engineers that engage in this type of wishful thinking?
    Because they believe in Meritocracy, and have zero sense of Solidarity..... Well accept on marginal issues. I bet Connal cares deeply about the Gay people (3ish% of the US population?) or Transgender bathrooms, or other petty issues that don't really challenge power.

It's much easier to kick the working class for being poor and sit comfortable in San Diego and kick the poor while saying "Hey, I have super progressive views on Gay people, and we 'totes need to like ban guns!" and rant about God's lack of existence on Reddit then it is to actually have solidarity with the victims of global capitalism. That would require challenging ones creature comforts.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry, but I would rather work at McDonalds, than a coal mine. I guess to each their own.

As for the first point, it is too late, the ship has sailed.
    And because people like you make these trade policies and dictate how they work, you have made that choice for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, so are you suggesting that Democrats throw minorities under the bus to cater to disenfranchised social conservatives? Because from my point of view, the Democrats are a liberal party. On both social and economic issues... It is people that value their bigotry over there bottom line that are the problem, not the Democrats standing up for minority rights.

And if that is how you frame it, I feel no pity to the bigots that go hungry due to their hate.
    I am suggesting the Democrats not have abandoned labor unions.

Non-Whites are also often Working Class, and are also not good little urbane bohemian liberals either. I remind you that the Black Community in California overwhelmingly voted for Prop. 8 which banned gay marriage in this state. Are you against the Black Community now too?

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe in what works now, not what will work in the future... that is only logical. We do not have the political will, or even thought going towards RBE, or anything like it.

Only now is talk starting to come up, but it is on the fringes. I have been pushing for us to discuss Basic Income for a while... you yourself see how people here respond to that. (It's Communist!!!!!11)
    Which countries are the top social and welfare states? If no one wants to implement it that is a sign that keeping separate programs like food stamps works better.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    We will do neither. Democrats aren't going to do that, neither will Republicans.
    See, in other countries they use tools such as higher minimum wages and collective bargaining to make sure that all workers can make a living. One party is actually trying to achieve that. The other one set the dial to "supply side" and left it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Automation and the cheap price of gas are the biggest damagers to the coal industry. If you'd said "assembly line" you'd be right.
    Yeah my bad. Thanks for the correction.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post

What is really sad, though, is this pathetic attempt by the MSM to try and sink Trump on a daily basis. They have known about this for 10 years but just decide to release this now? LOL. Can't wait for more "revelations" as election day draws closer.
    I love that you just ignore yet another of a 1,000+ facts that demonstrably prove Trump to be the reprehensible person we now know him to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    can you call Sean Hannity and get a clarification about that?
    Well no, but I could call Megan Kelly, who Hannity accused of being a Clinton supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well no, but I could call Megan Kelly, who Hannity accused of being a Clinton supporter.
    Pfft! Megan is surely voting for Hillary. I don't doubt that. Plus I love Fox on Fox crime.

Automation poses much different problems than globalization though.
    Also, no, because (in the manufacturing jobs) its much cheaper to have everything in one place (scale economics)
    It'll be prohibitively more expensive to manufacture in lets say china from the usa. Scale economics isn't that big of a factor when you consider the savings in supply chain. Our environmental laws in the us are what is preventing manufacturing from returning anyway. Once we get the hippies out of government (they die) we can move forward and create growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It'll be prohibitively more expensive to manufacture in lets say china from the usa. Scale economics isn't that big of a factor when you consider the savings in supply chain. Our environmental laws in the us are what is preventing manufacturing from returning anyway. Once we get the hippies out of government (they die) we can move forward and create growth.
    Which supply chain? The labor costs in china are much, much lower than in the US, and add to that the economics of scale thing. Again face the inconvenient truth, those jobs will not go back to the US (Or any country that has them shipped overseas).
    It's not going to happen...
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2016-10-07 at 08:56 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

This'll play well. I like the part where Trump talks about grabbing them by the pussy. Classy guy. Really respects women.

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/statu...91255686234113

Which supply chain? Again face the inconvenient truth, those jobs will not go back to the US (Or any country that has them shipped overseas).
    It's not going to happen...
    It isn't about the jobs returning. It's just that the more robots you have is the bigger deal in that world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Pfft! Megan is surely voting for Hillary. I don't doubt that. Plus I love Fox on Fox crime.
    The backstory is worth a read. Kelly -- another reporter Trump has personally attacked -- pointed out that Trump mysteriously stopped giving non-Hannity press conferences a while ago, about the same time Clinton started doing hers (breaking a long-ass streak where she gave none). But she has a point. Trump's been a lot more camera-shy lately, and appears to be afraid of hard questions. Hell, if you read up what he full-on admitted that his "town hall practice" was, you'd be scratching your head. He got maimed in the first debate, and his idea of preparing for the second one was a room filled with Trump supporters asking softball questions. And that was even closed to the public!

Pence isn't the only one having trouble defending Trump. Trump has the same problem. Gallup chose the people for the town hall meeting, and Trump's bad press has been dominating the airwaves. And the moderator has no reason to be his best friend, either. He could be in pretty big trouble here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thogwar View Post
    This'll play well. I like the part where Trump talks about grabbing them by the pussy. Classy guy. Really respects women.
    He should be careful. I hear vagina is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It isn't about the jobs returning. It's just that the more robots you have is the bigger deal in that world.
    China is already making the transition to automation tho
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker