Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    That is such a broad statement. You are basically relying on someone's mindset at that time. To me that is scary. The wild wild west.

Sorry but to give cops a few days training, if that on using lethal force is not enough to me.

Guess where I am going? People who love to slash government funding. One of the victims is the police department and thus its training and hiring qualified people.
    I've NEVER advocated slashing police, firefighting, or other critical services budgets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't all police officers carrying tasers nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And? "No duty to retreat" means she was entitled to defend herself rather than evade the confrontation. It does NOT justify use of deadly force. At all.

Yes. And that standard, as I've already cited, means permanent disfigurement or seriously prolonged inability to use a limb, or brain damage. "Getting beaten up" doesn't meet that standard.

Yet again, this is definitively false. You're using terms incorrectly. http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/serious-bodily-harm/
    There is no requirement to prove that serious bodily harm happened, it is a reasonable fear of it happening by the person being beaten. Which would mean that person against another person who believes as the beating is taking place could cause serious harm or death can use deadly force. It isn't a I received serious bodily harm, it is that I reasonable feared I would. That is the standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Sad story. It's unfortunate that regressives have taken it to a point where Cops can't feel they can protect themselves against Criminals because of idiots rioting and Media circuses when a piece of shit Criminal gets shot.
    Hey now snackycakes, they are all good boys who were going to church, community college, and getting their lives on track

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    Aren't all police officers carrying tasers nowadays?
    what do they carry in Sweden, im curious? Nerf guns?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    You are sensitive as fuck, if you feel this way.
    Stop shaming sensitive people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Fire gun at leg
    Actually this is wrong, hands and feet are the best place. if your lucky the bullet will just pass right through your body. When shooting at the legs, you can miss and actually hit their pelvic bone, which is bad news.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I've NEVER advocated slashing police, firefighting, or other critical services budgets.
    You are for small government? Funding? The police and other civic services are casualties of city budgets always.

Example: If the city of Baltimore ask the state of Maryland for funding and the Governor and legislature refuses. The city of Baltimore has to slash police training and salaries.

Fyi: Example above is from season 4 of The Wire

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Actually this is wrong, hands and feet are the best place. if your lucky the bullet will just pass right through your body. When shooting at the legs, you can miss and actually hit their pelvic bone, which is bad news.
    How about we aim for the pinky finger...lots of pain, still functional!!

- - - Updated - - -

You are for small government? Funding? The police and other civic services are casualties of city budgets always.

Example: If the city of Baltimore ask the state of Maryland for funding and the Governor and legislature refuses. The city of Baltimore has to slash police training and salaries.

Fyi: Example above is from season 4 of The Wire
    I am for small government, that doesn't mean I want to cut critical services.

I like you....you know my sister in law is single...wanna be my bro?
    I would but I'm not a bro. Do I still qualify if I'm really cool?
    Cool as a cucumber.

Oh how I could open a can of worms on gun violence in Sweden compared to U.S. Surely another reason why U.S. cops are jumpy.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey now snackycakes, they are all good boys who were going to church, community college, and getting their lives on track
    Oh right, how awful of me. I guess he was trying to directly inject love and tolerance into that police Woman's face with his fists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrulerxxx View Post
    And again ill have to say, It CAN meet that standard because it has happened before, it can happen again.
    Which isn't how the standards work. You have to have a reasonable belief that it's likely you'll face that same harm. Not that it's possible. Likely. And that a reasonable person would similarly feel that way.

you're basically ignoring the outliers and saying it can't happen, therefore it's not justifiable.
    No, I'm pointing out the obvious fact that outliers are outliers, and do not describe likely outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    There is no requirement to prove that serious bodily harm happened, it is a reasonable fear of it happening by the person being beaten. Which would mean that person against another person who believes as the beating is taking place could cause serious harm or death can use deadly force. It isn't a I received serious bodily harm, it is that I reasonable feared I would. That is the standard.
    That's what I've been saying all along, so I don't see what you think you're contradicting.

An unarmed assault doesn't present a likely risk of serious bodily harm. That's the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Candy.

Nah, an ordinary police officer carry the usual. Gun, pepper spray, expandable baton, etc. Tasers are also part of their equipment in some areas which means they are carrying two forms of non-lethal weapons, 3 if you count the baton.

The point is that they have options if they don't want to use lethal force.
    Last edited by zephid; 2016-10-07 at 10:03 PM.

''Bleeding heart leftist'' nowadays : someone who don't scream that petty criminals should be shot on sight.

Then again, the usual crowd would, to look tough and manly, utters that the actual Nazis were liberals, since they sometimes made kangourou courts before shooting hostages and we all known that ''trial'' and ''laws'' are for ''weak liberal beta cucks'' compared to ''typing on a random board that you have a very big gun''

I am for small government, that doesn't mean I want to cut critical services.
    Tony, every now and then you just lead with simple statements and leave it at that. You never want to look at the BIG picture.

Lets stay with Baltimore. Obviously a very poor city, thus no tax base to meet its budget. It has two choices: 1) It can seek stated and federal funding. I would think that people would look at that as BIG government spending. 2) They can cut the budget. You honestly cannot say that police and other civil service fall victim to that.

At what point during an altercation with a criminal does assault become "life-threatening". Is there a moment halfway through the ground and pound where you can make the distinction? And just LUL at people comparing bar fights to police confrontations with criminals.

Just put yourself in the cops shoes. Criminal on drugs, whooping your ass, would you be willing to wager he's going to stop?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    ''Bleeding heart leftist'' nowadays : someone who don't scream that petty criminals should be shot on sight.
    I was unaware that physically attacking Police Officers after crashing a Car due to being under the influence of Hard Drugs was "Petty"

Pretty sure all of those things are Felonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Khadgar View Post
    I would but I'm not a bro. Do I still qualify if I'm really cool?
    A sister? hmmm, ive got 5 already....but sure why not..my bro in law is single...I can hook you up

- - - Updated - - -

Tony, every now and then you just lead with simple statements and leave it at that. You never want to look at the BIG picture.

Lets stay with Baltimore. Obviously a very poor city, thus no tax base to meet its budget. It has two choices: 1) It can seek stated and federal funding. I would think that people would look at that as BIG government spending. 2) They can cut the budget. You honestly cannot say that police and other civil service fall victim to that.
    I'm from Baltimore originally, grew up there, trust me you don't need to tell me how poor it is. I could get into how it became poor (left leadership for the past 40 years) but that's a whole other matter.

There are ways to cut the budget without cutting police. Lets not get off topic though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    I was unaware that physically attacking Police Officers after crashing a Car due to being under the influence of Hard Drugs was "Petty"

Pretty sure all of those things are Felonies.
    Hey, the guy was driving the car to a bible study and was on speed to help him stay awake for the whole thing...very exciting stuff.

I'd like to know what sarahtashers definition of "petty" is....was alton sterling a "petty" criminal?

I like how we got serious commenters like Endus, then people who just troll like saratasher and daelak
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yet again, this is definitively false. You're using terms incorrectly. http://definitions.uslegal.com/s/serious-bodily-harm/
    Again, all it takes is the belief that the requirements be met. Not that they actually be met. And to quote from the source you linked,

“bodily injury which involves a substantial risk of death, unconsciousness, extreme physical pain, protracted and obvious disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member, organ, or mental faculty.”

Any of the bolded items can easily occur from getting the shit beat out of you. So again, in her case, had she used lethal force to stop the assault, it would have been justified. Period. We can go around all day and you can play semantics until your hair falls out. The reality is that any objective investigation would summarize it like this: Female police officer attempting to subdue a violent male subject discharges her firearm in self-defense, resulting in the death of the subject. Conclusion: No wrong-doing on the part of the officer.

Edit: We don't have all the details so I will say this: My point is being made under the assumption that the other two officers had not arrived yet, etc. If the subject was assaulting her and her fellow officers were there and in the process of detaining him, that's a different scenario.
    Last edited by Mistame; 2016-10-07 at 10:18 PM.