Interesting thing I noticed, for me I have > 50% crit chance on CS, and with the latest SimC Zeal parses higher for me than TFoJ even on Patchwerk encounter.

Anyone else noticing the same?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    Interesting thing I noticed, for me I have > 50% crit chance on CS, and with the latest SimC Zeal parses higher for me than TFoJ even on Patchwerk encounter.

Anyone else noticing the same?
    I just simmed it and for me TFoJ outperforms Zeal on ST Patchwork.

Deleted
    Does anyone actually have a Mythic Hunger of the Pack and noted it being better than Memento and the rest? Are the straight stats actually that decent, as the other effect seems pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by ZbFBazz View Post
    I just simmed it and for me TFoJ outperforms Zeal on ST Patchwork.
    For me, zeal Sims higher.
    But I have a theory it has something to do with trinkets.
    Do you have fcm?
    Because I don't.

Feth I swear to god-Emperor I am about to launch a Crusade amidst ogrimmar.
    Yesterday we ran +4 Vaults, and this gakking trinket did drop.
    For guild Holy Paladin.
    Feth me backwards.

Deleted
    It also depends on what lvl60 talent you are using. Zeal works way better with BoW, VB works better with TfoJ because of downtimes. MY 2 best talent choices for ST Patchwork right now are
    FV+Zeal+BoW+Crusade > FV+TfoJ+VB+Crusade > everything else.

(I'm playing/simming with FCM @Storm the Sorrow)

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming I don't want to engage in this 5-man minigame, what are Ret's top trinkets in Emerald Nightmare? y'know, of the... three available. I'd heard Cenarius and Nythendra? Is this about right?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Cenarius, maybe. The others are all a steaming pile. Get the crafted one, I suppose.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridiancity View Post
    Assuming I don't want to engage in this 5-man minigame, what are Ret's top trinkets in Emerald Nightmare? y'know, of the... three available. I'd heard Cenarius and Nythendra? Is this about right?
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/retribu...s-best-in-slot

Assuming equivalent ilvl:
    #1: Nature's Call (Cenarius)
    #2: Ursoc's Rending Paw (Ursoc)

The nyth trinket is complete garbage. The 865 heroic one I got was worse than my 825 FCM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeaaaah but... Icy Veins is sorta difficult to believe, y'know?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Not really. They provide decent info, some of it's wrong though.

For a 100% correct answer ask in the ret paladin discord. They'll know.

I still trust icy veins for the most part but they got the holy artifact path wrong (glad I saw the correct one before looking at icy veins, dreamguard is a lifesaver) so I don't look at their info much past the gearing and stat prio.

Checked out a majority of the high ranks on the first page of mythic ursoc and all of them are using Blade of Virtue over Blade of Wrath? does Virtue become better at around ~30% crit?

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Checked out a majority of the high ranks on the first page of mythic ursoc and all of them are using Blade of Virtue over Blade of Wrath? does Virtue become better at around ~30% crit?
    I've simmed my character hundreds of times since the expansion launched. After I got over ~830 ilvl, VB has consistently simmed higher than BoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Not really. They provide decent info, some of it's wrong though.

For a 100% correct answer ask in the ret paladin discord. They'll know.

I still trust icy veins for the most part but they got the holy artifact path wrong (glad I saw the correct one before looking at icy veins, dreamguard is a lifesaver) so I don't look at their info much past the gearing and stat prio.
    The Icy Veins gear stuff is 13489134896783164894% wrong. All of it. Way too much haste, way too much mastery, no versatility, trinkets are garbage and aren't even in our top 10. Just total shit. Noxxic levels of wrong.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2016-10-08 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Make sure to sim a combination of Zeal and BoW and see where that shows up on sims. For me tFoJ + VB simmed higher than tFoJ + BoW, but Zeal + BoW simmed higher than both of those ( I have 25% crit , 21% haste ).

At certain amounts of haste tFoJ and BoW have too much clash , leading to loss of potential damage. At 21%-22% haste I have 0 clash with using Zeal though I do have minor downtime ( but I simmed 2k higher dps ). I'm guessing if I push haste closer to 25% that downtime will disappear( assuming I don't make mistakes ).

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The Icy Veins gear stuff is 13489134896783164894% wrong. All of it. Way too much haste, way too much mastery, no versatility, trinkets are garbage and aren't even in our top 10. Just total shit. Noxxic levels of wrong.
    I wonder what happened. I miss elitist jerks tbh but at least we have our discord to go to.

About trinkets, I read that Darkmoon Faire one and Countermeasures are BiS, even superior to HC Nightmare trinkets versions, it's true?

Now I have 29% crit and nearly 23% haste (22'90%), my sims say VB is better than BoW now so I use the first. Accounting this, it's that trinket (I forgot its name) which increases your crit's damage worth?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anardel View Post
    About trinkets, I read that Darkmoon Faire one and Countermeasures are BiS, even superior to HC Nightmare trinkets versions, it's true?

Now I have 29% crit and nearly 23% haste (22'90%), my sims say VB is better than BoW now so I use the first. Accounting this, it's that trinket (I forgot its name) which increases your crit's damage worth?
    1: FCM is definitely our best friend. Darkmoon Card is really strong; the only problem is the lvl 850 cap(for now) and Mythic+ Dungeons reach up to 880(without TF) so some trinkets become better than DMC. I just swapped my DMC for 865 Angerboda + socket. You can basically compare DMC to Hunger of the Pack(Fenryr HoV). And yea Nightmare trinkets are lackluster. M Ursoc dropped 880Rending Paw+socket this reset and it's simming ~2k dps less than 850 DMC.

2: Did you just change Lvl60 Talents for this? You should be changing Lvl30 talents aswell - "Zeal works way better with BoW, VB works better with TfoJ because of downtimes and certain haste levels". And well it could be worth depends on what you have right now. Shouldn't be better than FCM + DMC.

Deleted
    A question regarding the T19H Simcraft Sims:
    It looks like those are scaling sims without T19 but showing EN H levels. Does Ret scale THAT bad or is it just highly unfinished? o.Ô

Finally got FCM, +4 to boot.
    My Justice rises erected.

- - - Updated - - -

this FCM propped Versa values for me to almost Str-levels.
    Strength=8.14, CritRating=6.55, HasteRating=6.31, MasteryRating=4.61, Versatility=7.28, Dps=19.55
    Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyru View Post
    1: FCM is definitely our best friend. Darkmoon Card is really strong; the only problem is the lvl 850 cap(for now) and Mythic+ Dungeons reach up to 880(without TF) so some trinkets become better than DMC. I just swapped my DMC for 865 Angerboda + socket. You can basically compare DMC to Hunger of the Pack(Fenryr HoV). And yea Nightmare trinkets are lackluster. M Ursoc dropped 880Rending Paw+socket this reset and it's simming ~2k dps less than 850 DMC.

2: Did you just change Lvl60 Talents for this? You should be changing Lvl30 talents aswell - "Zeal works way better with BoW, VB works better with TfoJ because of downtimes and certain haste levels". And well it could be worth depends on what you have right now. Shouldn't be better than FCM + DMC.
    Yeah I use TFoJ with VB. I have 29% crit without food. When raiding I use crit food (my haste is 23% so haste food isn't worth). My trinkets are totally garbage. One of them is the new Kazzak trinket from world boss (+807 to all secondary stats) and the other one is from Maw's first boss, it's a strenght trinket with a random Mastery, haste or crit proc.
    I have access to this:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=141586/m...glish-comments

850 ilevel but I have doubts about it being worthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the top of the page they always cite where the information is from. In the case of the BiS list it's directly from Fardion on the ret paladin discord.

I always take any website with a grain of salt unless I know what source the information is coming from.