Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynai View Post
    He has a 90% approval rating in his own country. Soldiers and police would kill for him.

Yes. I know this for a fact because i live here.
    Why is the general population so strongly supportive of severe punishment for drug users/dealers? Has it done a markedly high amount of damage relative to other countries? Is it religious views that drive this sort of fervor? I don't know much about the Philippines aside from the fact that I love adobo Boy Bawong and I love saying "Oh my gulai."
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yes because the US regularly rounds up SUSPECTED drug dealers and summarily executes them with no due process.
    Nah, the US just throw you for a few gramm crack or meth into a hellhole till you die.

Deleted
    He needs to catch a bullet.

He has essentially encouraged any moron with a grudge to go out and do some killing. You looked at me wrong? I'll shoot you and say you were a dealer/junkie.

As if his country wasn't already a poverty ridden shithole, its now a murdery poverty ridden shithole.

Honestly, by his own logic, if the CIA killed him, it would be completely justified.

Have u been in the Philippines? If not then you have no idea...
    Well, judging by how many people voted for this guy and keep supporting him, crazy seems to be the new normal there...
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    He needs to catch a bullet.

He has essentially encouraged any moron with a grudge to go out and do some killing. You looked at me wrong? I'll shoot you and say you were a dealer/junkie.

As if his country wasn't already a poverty ridden shithole, its now a murdery poverty ridden shithole.
    Like i said the guy has a 90% approval rating. You go around poverty areas since he was president, all the people will say they feel safer now. And the media here in the philippines has 0 bias at all, they say the worst things about the president too. But overall facebook, twitter, social media in the Philippines, people really do like him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Well, judging by how many people voted for this guy and keep supporting him, crazy seems to be the new normal there...
    Well its a new change after a series of corrupt and incompetent presidents. Maybe you should read about it. If i didnt grow up in the Philippines, i would think he is crazy too.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-10-08 at 12:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Nah, the US just throw you for a few gramm crack or meth into a hellhole till you die.
    yeah, no they don't
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    yeah, no they don't
    Till 2010 you get 5 years for 5 gramm and 10 years jail time for 10 gramm, Reagans drug laws from the 80s where insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like i said the guy has a 90% approval rating. You go around poverty areas since he was president, all the people will say they feel safer now. And the media here in the philippines has 0 bias at all, they say the worst things about the president too. But overall facebook, twitter, social media in the Philippines, people really do like him.
    Is that why nearly a million people a year leave the country? Or why in the entire country of 85 million people, there are only 35,000 immigrants - most of whom are of Filipino ancestry, but were born in other countries?

Is that why all of the people who I personally know from the Philippines say it's a shithole and they are glad they left - and will never be going back, due to how fucked up your government is?

I'm not some conspiracy nut, but you sound like a fucking shill.

Maybe you're just afraid to voice any other opinion?
    I can see why; with virtually anyone who speaks out against the government either disappearing, or simply going missing.

Just so we're clear on what a "90% approval rating" actually means; here's another guy with a 90% approval rating:

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Duterte is like an annoying fly that is begging to be swatted.
    That would be incredibly stupid to get involved in. He currently has the support of the country, and he isn't a threat to any other country. Cut aid and sanctions tops. No need for anyone else to put themselves in the middle of a shit show which is almost always what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Till 2010 you get 5 years for 5 gramm and 10 years jail time for 10 gramm, Reagans drug laws from the 80s where insane.
    ok so like I said then they don't "throw you for a few gramm crack or meth into a hellhole till you die."
    If you had 10 grams of meth or crack on you it is not just for personal use either.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    I hate America
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Well its a new change after a series of corrupt and incompetent presidents. Maybe you should read about it. If i didnt grow up in the Philippines, i would think he is crazy too.
    So you admit that crazy is in fact the new normal there, and that you are affected as well?
    Guns don't kill people! Toddlers kill people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    ok so like I said then they don't "throw you for a few gramm crack or meth into a hellhole till you die."
    If you had 10 grams of meth or crack on you it is not just for personal use either.
    Trust me i grew up with some junkys and when they can steal some expensiv shit they buy all the drugs the can get for it.

Have u been in the Philippines? If not then you have no idea...
    It's reportedly abit of a shit hole. That doesn't make advocating the killing of addicts (read not dealers, users) reasonable. It doesn't make extrajudicial killings justifiable.

This guy isn't being tough on drugs, he's a nutter. Hell he's given up on the rule of law for godsake lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Is that why nearly a million people a year leave the country? Or why in the entire country of 85 million people, there are only 35,000 immigrants - most of whom are of Filipino ancestry, but were born in other countries?

Is that why all of the people who I personally know from the Philippines say it's a shithole and they are glad they left - and will never be going back, due to how fucked up your government is?

I'm not some conspiracy nut, but you sound like a fucking shill.

Maybe you're just afraid to voice any other opinion?
    I can see why; with virtually anyone who speaks out against the government either disappearing, or simply going missing.

Just so we're clear on what a "90% approval rating" actually means; here's another guy with a 90% approval rating:

He's only been in office for 4 months. Before he was voted into office he already had the same reputation he has now for what he did as a mayor in his city, there were already summary executions in that city of individuals suspected of petty crimes and dealing in drugs. People know 100% who they voted and he won by a landslide. Philippines has been a shithole for a long time because of series of corrupt presidents and government officials that Duterte has been busy outing and cleaning since he sat in office 4 months ago.

No i am not his no 1 fan, i actually argue a lot with my parents because i dont agree 100% of what he is doing. But he is probably the change this country needs.
    Last edited by Yizu; 2016-10-08 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

The reason so many people leave the Phillipines though is that the country has been horribly mismanaged by a corrupt and ineffectual ruling class for as far back as anyone can remember. Duterte appeals exactly to those kinds of people who are fed up with the establishment and just want to tear everything down and start over, and his current antics are a good reminder of why that's not the best idea either.

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The reason so many people leave the Phillipines though is that the country has been horribly mismanaged by a corrupt and ineffectual ruling class for as far back as anyone can remember. Duterte appeals exactly to those kinds of people who are fed up with the establishment and just want to tear everything down and start over, and his current antics are a good reminder of why that's not the best idea either.
    It's perfectly understandable and the sentiment is almost global at this point but if you're in that position and you're thinking down the line you have to ask yourself "What comes next?". Always puts me in mind of this poem from a Protestant Pastor.

Quote Originally Posted by Friedrich Gustav Emil Martin Niemöller
    When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out.
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2016-10-08 at 01:54 AM. Reason: poem not quote

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    That would be incredibly stupid to get involved in. He currently has the support of the country, and he isn't a threat to any other country. Cut aid and sanctions tops. No need for anyone else to put themselves in the middle of a shit show which is almost always what happens.
    Well, of course. I can't figure out what Duterte gains from his behavior, however...this is either pure machismo and/or stupidity, probably both.

"I'll be ousted? Fine. (If so) it's part of my destiny. Destiny carries so many things. If I die, that's part of my destiny. Presidents get assassinated."

Holy Shit what a based motherfucker. They aren't made like this anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Someone does need to "oust" him.
    "oust" him right in the head? :P