10+ Year Old Account
    There are roughly 60 million married women in the states. If this costs Trump even 10% of those, that's a 2% shift nationwide, costing him Ohio and probably one or two more smaller states.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There are roughly 60 million married women in the states. If this costs Trump even 10% of those, that's a 2% shift nationwide, costing him Ohio and probably one or two more smaller states.
    Plus it's just more proof (as if anyone needed any more) of the complete Tea / Republican incompetence, hopefully extending down-ticket and costing the deplorables even more seats in the Senate and House than their clownshow this election has already lost them.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account

Feminism just saved the Republic!

Thanks to everyone that has a mom and/or a daughter not named ivan*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Plus it's just more proof (as if anyone needed any more) of the complete Tea / Republican incompetence, hopefully extending down-ticket and costing the deplorables even more seats in the Senate and House than their clownshow this election has already lost them.
    That's already happening. He lost Ryan and Priebus, amongst other names.

The other problem here is that this plays right into the Trump narrative of an abuser of women:

The Miss Universe story.
    The recent AP story about Trump's behavior on The Apprentice.
    The Megyn Kelly fiasco.
    The big NYTimes story on how Trump treated business women.

You can't just blow off this incident because it fits a very frequently observed pattern of Trump's behavior.
    This is the same reason the Christie / Bridgegate story got so big... it reinforced the existing perception that Christie abused his power to bully others.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's already happening. He lost Ryan and Priebus, amongst other names.
    I was reading about this but here's what confuses me about Ryan's statement

Paul D. Ryan, the House speaker, said that Mr. Trump would no longer attend what was to be their first joint appearance at an event in Wisconsin.
    So Trump isn't coming but Ryan is still going to stump for him at the event? Wtf?
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, the Tea / Republican candidate for President of the United States of America:

That is the big October surprise? He is having a guy talk with other guys talking about women like "normal" non-prudish american males? Oh my god he is talking about a past experience like during the time he was searching for a new woman to date or marry. It's so fucking terrible!!!! The media has already portrayed him as being a player for years and this proves that he is an alpha male guy, TERRIBLE I SAY!

WHAT A SHOCKER!!!

Even better is Hillary's feigned shock that a guy like Trump might actually like women and respect a married woman who didn't want to have sex with him. Unlike her sexually harassing & rapist husband of hers.

I feel bad for the Clinton's if this is their final hail mary.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    And both China and others are now themselves trying to combat climate change. And SA is trying to secure renewables because their economy is dependent on it.

Global warming is an issue of greed, will and change.

If greed, and an unwillingness to change cause catastrophic events that lead to the death of humanity that is on us.

Globalization is not going to stop, because most people benefit from it. And the ones that think it is bad have no context of history and how bad it used to be when the world was splintered economically.
    But I'm talking about emerging economies. Perú won't be a resource based economy forever, it will want to industrialize and when that happens it will polute a lot. The question is if our planet can take this process of constant pollution of emerging countries? So I think a proposal would be to supervise how this countries develop and from aid them during this process so that we can mitigate pollution.

Then we have the issue of increasing standards of living (increase consumption) in advanced countries so yeah, it's certainly a complicated problem.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2016-10-08 at 02:02 AM.

Honestly, how anyone on the right that's part of the "moral majority" can continue to ignore how truly awful of a human being Trump is, is beyond me. I get that people can rationalize quite a bit to suit their ideological views, but at some point reality has to crack through.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    That is the big October surprise? He is having a guy talk with other guys talking about women like "normal" non-prudish american males? Oh my god he is talking about a past experience like during the time he was searching for a new woman to date or marry. It's so fucking terrible!!!! The media has already portrayed him as being a player for years and this proves that he is an alpha male guy, TERRIBLE I SAY!

WHAT A SHOCKER!!!

Even better is Hillary's feigned shock that a guy like Trump might actually like women and respect a married woman who didn't want to have sex with him. Unlike her sexually harassing & rapist husband of hers.

I feel bad for the Clinton's if this is their final hail mary.
    What we have here is the classic attempt to cover the foul behavior of ones candidate of choice by point at someone else's bad behavior who isn't even running for office, "What? He said grab a pussy!? LOOK! A SQUIRREL!!!!!"

Welcome your local Trump supporter.

This isn't the final hail mary, there has been a hail mary every day of the month so far and you are covering your eyes and acting like it doesn't matter because he's your guy, but if a democrat does that you get all up in his shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    That is the big October surprise? He is having a guy talk with other guys talking about women like "normal" non-prudish american males?
    I definitely don't consider myself or any of my friends to be "prudes" by any stretch of the imagination, but none of us sit around casually talking about raping women.

I guess things are different wherever you're from

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melania_Trump

Looks like engaged in 2004, married in January of 2005.
    This incident was in September 2005, only 8 months after Trump married Melania.
    And he was already trying to bed other married women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    This incident was in September 2005, only 8 months after Trump married Melania.
    And he was already trying to bed other married women.
    How many women do you think Trump has raped in his lifetime?

In the predawn hours, a contestant named Lauren Petrella—who, at age 22, was 24 years younger than the 46-year-old Trump—allegedly found Trump, unannounced and uninvited, in her bed.

NYTimes reporter Yamiche Alcindor:
    Source tells me RNC officials are meeting in DC to discuss what options the party has going forward in case Trump isn't nominee.
    Source also says that RNC officials likely can't oust Trump from the ticket and that Trump would likely have to quit on his own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticSnow View Post
    Some real family values and Christian morals there, GOP.
    This. I wish this had leaked before the VP debate to see what Pence would have said about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    And both China and others are now themselves trying to combat climate change. And SA is trying to secure renewables because their economy is dependent on it.

Global warming is an issue of greed, will and change.

If greed, and an unwillingness to change cause catastrophic events that lead to the death of humanity that is on us.

Globalization is not going to stop, because most people benefit from it. And the ones that think it is bad have no context of history and how bad it used to be when the world was splintered economically.
    Certainly China and Saudi Arabia are making a huge effort in renewable energy right now, but that still pales in comparison to what will be required to slow down the problem, never mind trying to stop it or reverse the damage. Despite all the growth in places like China and India over the last few decades, people still don't enjoy anywhere near the kinds of living standards that we have in the West, and even in America it's a hard sell to sacrifice economic development for the sake of protecting the environment. So for us to decree from on high that sustainability is more important than poor people being able to drive cars or use electricity, when there is no question of us having access to those things, does sound a bit douchey if nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    This. I wish this had leaked before the VP debate to see what Pence would have said about it.
    He would have danced around it and praised Trump even more just like with everything else, no doubt.

Looking at Pence though something tells me he probably more than one rape under his belt as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fengosa View Post
    Oh, don't you worry. I get the feeling he'll have his chance to comment.

Every other week we're all like "man this must have been the worst week for Trump" and then he manages to dig deeper.