Thread: BS vs AWS ST

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I have bracers.

I still go AWS - PP - UF - Necrosis - Soul Reaper on EVERY FIGHT. No point in going Bursting Sores. Especially not Epidemic, atleast not for mythic raiding. DK's we have our ST, other classes are way better at AoE than we are, they'll do whatever AoE is needed.

What a world we've come to where the relative advantage of DK is ST and not AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by sunbrother View Post
    What a world we've come to where the relative advantage of DK is ST and not AoE.
    Not only that, on start of fights our DKs have some of the highest initial burst damage now: army, FS actually hitting somewhat hard, Soul reaper (or DA), Apoc, then we slowly fall behind against other DPSes. Unholy DK, a bursty class? Say it ain't so!

Deleted
    We're big ST.

Mythic btw. So no place for whoring etc.

Deleted
    yeah its not like people are stopping to clear brambles or do other little jobs during cenarius, one good thing about having shit mobility is that youll never get asked to do shitty jobs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    yeah its not like people are stopping to clear brambles or do other little jobs during cenarius, one good thing about having shit mobility is that youll never get asked to do shitty jobs
    Well the rogues do most of that. Hunters only have to do it every once in a while if the rogues have been unlucky. And while hunters etc. are clearing whisps, we're either going for sisters or ancient.

Quote Originally Posted by DagrDK View Post
    Consistently better on all fights? The little guy does some solid damage, that's for sure. What's painful is I have the two legendary perk almost done and don't even have 1 :-(

I'm going to sim it tonight for fun. AWS/SI vs. BS/IC.
    Sorry, specifically meant for single target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanj View Post
    I have bracers.

I still go AWS - PP - UF - Necrosis - Soul Reaper on EVERY FIGHT. No point in going Bursting Sores. Especially not Epidemic, atleast not for mythic raiding. DK's we have our ST, other classes are way better at AoE than we are, they'll do whatever AoE is needed.
    So how does that work? Do they sit you on Il'ganoth? We're working on it now and for us the bloods are the big cock block.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    So how does that work? Do they sit you on Il'ganoth? We're working on it now and for us the bloods are the big cock block.
    Nope. Im in on Il'gynoth. DK's have great burst inside for the heart, but the Death Grip + Hook is reeally nice to 1. Speed things us and 2. If some bloods are dying to dps whoring too far away from the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    Not only that, on start of fights our DKs have some of the highest initial burst damage now: army, FS actually hitting somewhat hard, Soul reaper (or DA), Apoc, then we slowly fall behind against other DPSes. Unholy DK, a bursty class? Say it ain't so!
    Everything feels great until the execute phase, where I go from top 3 to 10-12.

Deleted
    After reading up on these comments I had a go with Necrosis last night and this does seem to help on single target quite a bit (I have the bracers) so thanks for the tip.
    I'll also be giving AWS a go as well on our raids tomorrow night even id the little bugger is so loud pounding along as he runs... but dps is dps etc

One quick question Kanj, I've noticed from your armory your crit/haste/mastery fluctuates a little and wondered if you could say what you are aiming for please?

I'm not a mythic player, firmly rooted in heroic but I still aspire to be a good player in that bracket and keep getting so much conflicting information it puzzles the crap out of me.
    Is the "30/20/as much as you can get" a good spot to aim for? I'm about 24/20/48 and use crit +375 food to bump it up some to about 25/20/48 with all my highest ilvl gear.(860)

Does AWS scale better with a certain stat? I've seen it mentioned haste and then people argued, or mastery, more argue, crit.. you get the picture. Simcraft seems to also wildly fluctuate as well so i'd rather take a piece of advice from someone that's further ahead and doing well

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazed View Post
    After reading up on these comments I had a go with Necrosis last night and this does seem to help on single target quite a bit (I have the bracers) so thanks for the tip.
    I'll also be giving AWS a go as well on our raids tomorrow night even id the little bugger is so loud pounding along as he runs... but dps is dps etc

One quick question Kanj, I've noticed from your armory your crit/haste/mastery fluctuates a little and wondered if you could say what you are aiming for please?

I'm not a mythic player, firmly rooted in heroic but I still aspire to be a good player in that bracket and keep getting so much conflicting information it puzzles the crap out of me.
    Is the "30/20/as much as you can get" a good spot to aim for? I'm about 24/20/48 and use crit +375 food to bump it up some to about 25/20/48 with all my highest ilvl gear.(860)

Does AWS scale better with a certain stat? I've seen it mentioned haste and then people argued, or mastery, more argue, crit.. you get the picture. Simcraft seems to also wildly fluctuate as well so i'd rather take a piece of advice from someone that's further ahead and doing well
    All I can say is. Currently for me. Versa and haste are much more valuable than both crit and mastery.

I'm on
    29,250STR
    24% Crit(6741)+699-1339 from Darkmoon.
    25% Haste(8631)
    39% Mastery(3283)
    2% Versatility(910)

When I have 2k Versatility. Versa and Haste will be of the same value while crit and especially mastery will be a lot lower. I think crit becomes more valuable when versa is around 5.5K
    Last edited by mmoc3c02903358; 2016-10-08 at 07:23 PM.

Deleted
    Great stuff - thanks for answering

Deleted
    We're big ST.

> Cenarius - Damage Taken
    > Damage Taken
    > Taken

Are you trolling or am I missing something and being really dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Mourninglori View Post
    > Cenarius - Damage Taken
    > Damage Taken
    > Taken

Are you trolling or am I missing something and being really dumb?
    That's the boss's damage taken from each raider. Basically is represents that he/she is doing a lot of ST damage.

We're big ST.

ive seen you post before and respect your opinions as i usually agree with them, but i dont see a rogue, enh shaman, ww monk, warriors, druids or pally and these are classes i see consistently do better on ST than a DK. (rogues less consistent)

You only have 27% crit? I'm at 40%. I prefer Bursting Sores for the increase in Festering wounds dmg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    ive seen you post before and respect your opinions as i usually agree with them, but i dont see a rogue, enh shaman, ww monk, warriors, druids or pally and these are classes i see consistently do better on ST than a DK. (rogues less consistent)
    Well. Rogues have something to do on that fight. They're busy rerolling their bones to get CD reduction for Cloak so they can clear all the brambles. Enhancement, got no one maining it, same for WW monk, same for Warrior, same for Druid and Pally.

Soooo..... get legendary bracers, give rogues mechanics to deal with and don't raid with any other melee and we look strong!

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    Aye....I mean he's only raiding with Danish Terrace who are a real scrub tier guild so it's unlikely that they could recruit good players to play any of those classes you mentioned or would even have them on the roster or as alts.

/facepalm.