Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VigilantRose View Post
    At a very inefficient rate. That "+1% healing for +1% critical" becomes more like "+0.3% healing for +1% critical" when you're counting on Mastery in this way. Also, if the original heal overheals with the critical, the Echo of Light is almost certain to be wasted as well.
    If the target is a main tank in a raid situation (a likely target for such a large heal) I'm not sure that assumption holds true as they are almost certainly going to be struck again. But I'm not sure we're disagreeing about anything since we both seem to agree that Crit is a good secondary stat for Holy Priest in (at least) raiding situations.
    Last edited by cruumash; 2016-10-04 at 05:42 PM. Reason: Excess

Does anyone know how strong Heightened Sense is? I coined an 880 on our ursoc kill this week. It'd be replacing an 840 Amalgam of Spines. Can't actually figure out if it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I'm not sure if it's the same for holy, but shadow's haste rating per % actually changes as you get more haste, it's maddening trying to calculate stuff. That could be the difference you're seeing.
    It should be that way for everyone (every class and spec).

Hey Priest Bros,

Hoping you can help me understand the best use for Naglfar Fare & Vial of Nightmare Fog. I've got the Heroic version of Vial, and a Mythic Level 2 Fare. Sitting on the sideline is a socketed Unstable Arcanocrystal.

Here's my question: Do the 2 trinkets I currently have equipped have a chance to proc off every heal? Ie: Every bounce of PoM, every tick of Renew? If I cast Binding Heal, do all 3 targets have a chance to proc the shields individually? If I cast Halo and it hits the whole raid, do they have a chance to proc of each player hit? Or is the chance to proc limited in some way tied to a time limit or targeted healing? Additionally, if I'm talented into Benediction, do the shields have a chance to proc off the PoM trigger AND the Renew that PoM would potentially leave?

Last question; Should I swap out one of these for the Arcanocrystal?

I have logs from last night using Fare & Vial, but it won't let me post a link.

Any advice welcome, just trying to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    It should be that way for everyone (every class and spec).
    I think you may have misread what he wrote. He was saying that haste had an exponential curve. As far as I can tell, this is not correct. I get 325 stat points for haste on any Priest spec, at any level of gear (up to my relatively abysmal 25% or so haste that can be achieved without consumables/enchantments/etc.) - which jibes with how it's traditionally been handled.

There may be an issue with how different types of haste are calculated. Classically, haste from different sources was considered a different stat (internally). So your +10% haste from gear wouldn't additively stack with +10% haste from buffs to yield +20% haste - it would stack multiplicatively to yield 1.21% haste. However, the removal of major stat buffs should have rendered this effect trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
    Does anyone know how strong Heightened Sense is? I coined an 880 on our ursoc kill this week. It'd be replacing an 840 Amalgam of Spines. Can't actually figure out if it's worth it.
    Still looking for an answer to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Awsumpossum View Post
    Still looking for an answer to this.
    It's pretty shit, because Versatility. Seeing as mana is the big restraint on most healers right now, I'd go with the spine simply because it has godly mana returns.

Deleted
    Is askmrrrobot at all reliable for holy priests when it comes to trinkets? For my priest the website claims that Bottled Hurricane regardless of item level is complete and utter BiS. Yet I had one mythic warforged that gathered 10 stacks maybe two times in a long raid fight and produced about 3% of my healing. The stat on it otherwise is haste which isn't what I'm after either.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Is askmrrrobot at all reliable for holy priests when it comes to trinkets? For my priest the website claims that Bottled Hurricane regardless of item level is complete and utter BiS. Yet I had one mythic warforged that gathered 10 stacks maybe two times in a long raid fight and produced about 3% of my healing. The stat on it otherwise is haste which isn't what I'm after either.
    3% is pretty good my vial does 3-4% of my healing
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

I really wonder if mastery is indeed superior to crit , im healing tons on hc en , i need stronger immediate healing , i currently have 25% crit 46% mastery 5% vers 1% haste , is that good enough? my plan is to drop versatility for crit and maybe some mastery for crit too , i aim for more than 33% crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Mr robot is awesome he switched my stats to 30%+ crit and 37% mastery 6% versatility not bad im also +3 ilvls

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I really wonder if mastery is indeed superior to crit , im healing tons on hc en , i need stronger immediate healing , i currently have 25% crit 46% mastery 5% vers 1% haste , is that good enough? my plan is to drop versatility for crit and maybe some mastery for crit too , i aim for more than 33% crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Mr robot is awesome he switched my stats to 30%+ crit and 37% mastery 6% versatility not bad im also +3 ilvls
    Crit is great because of BoT. Crit also increases EoL healing without needing mastery. I would say it's closer to mastery = crit. You really want 30-35% crit, 40% at most.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    As far as I know, there are diminishing returns on your stats. 46% mastery sounds like too much to be. Then again for healers I don't think anyone knows the exact numbers you want to be perfect. I just prioritize mastery and crit above haste and versa, but am not afraid of equipping a higher item level item with "bad" stats to spread out the stats a little.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    3% is pretty good my vial does 3-4% of my healing
    Yeah but the thing is that mrrobot states that 865 vial is ranked several thousand points below 805 bottled hurricane. This seems impossible.
    Last edited by mmocadd85def5d; 2016-10-07 at 09:28 AM.

So quick question about Nyth. When are you guys using Sanctify on that fight? My group is too good at spreading so at most I can hit like 3 targets and it feels like a waste as I just do it to get that 15% healing buff.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    Yeah but the thing is that mrrobot states that 865 vial is ranked several thousand points below 805 bottled hurricane. This seems impossible.
    The trinkets on AMR are in the process of being updated, probably a bug. I'd pop into the AMR discord and let them know.

So quick question about Nyth. When are you guys using Sanctify on that fight? My group is too good at spreading so at most I can hit like 3 targets and it feels like a waste as I just do it to get that 15% healing buff.

The trinkets on AMR are in the process of being updated, probably a bug. I'd pop into the AMR discord and let them know.
    Sanc is still worth it if it hits 3. In m+ I'm happy if it hits 2. It's a great spell

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    Sanc is still worth it if it hits 3. In m+ I'm happy if it hits 2. It's a great spell
    Yeah in Mythic + it's easy to hit 3+ on most fights, it's just a weird spell on Nyth imo cause you can't hit 3 people all the time.

Yeah in Mythic + it's easy to hit 3+ on most fights, it's just a weird spell on Nyth imo cause you can't hit 3 people all the time.
    I was using that as an example that it's still worth using. Especially since it's as much as flash heal and you can cast it while moving

I wonder about AMR's ranking of the Legendary and relics. It has the +6 second renew pants as the best legendary and values the renew/ProM relics over the Serenity crit chance/PoH %/Holy Word % alternatives. Given what seems to be the common consensus that renew is weak, these rankings are confusing. Even if I tweak the stat values to favor mastery, it still suggests renew pants with renew relics.

Does that +6 seconds really boost renew, and subsequently the renew/prom synergy, that much?

Quote Originally Posted by khrave08 View Post
    I wonder about AMR's ranking of the Legendary and relics. It has the +6 second renew pants as the best legendary and values the renew/ProM relics over the Serenity crit chance/PoH %/Holy Word % alternatives. Given what seems to be the common consensus that renew is weak, these rankings are confusing. Even if I tweak the stat values to favor mastery, it still suggests renew pants with renew relics.
    The Renew pants make Renew roughly equivalent to Flash Heal in terms of hps, roughly equivalent to Trail of Light in terms of hpm. So it transforms the heal from something worthless into a viable part of your toolkit. With Benediction, it transforms Prayer of Mending into a third Holy Word - except on a much shorter cooldown. With the pants, the traits and Benediction, Prayer of Mending will heal for around what Serenity does (not including Holy Mending, which is nearly impossible to model).

That being said, other comments here have mentioned that Mr. Robot's casting model was never updated from WoD. Even with the pants, you're not going to be casting Renew like you did in WoD, so their conclusions are suspect.

You also have to ask yourself: what else?

The Cloak is essentially the Holy version of Surrender to Madness. It's game-changing in the right situations, but may not be universally applicable.

The Cord is effectively healing-neutral. There's no significant difference between casting 8 Flash Heals followed by Serenity and 9 Flash Heals followed by Cord-boosted Serenity in terms of hps/hpm. The same is true of Sanctify (coupled with the fact that if Sanctify is off cooldown, you'll almost always cast it before you cast PoH again).

The Wrist buffs spells you'll rarely cast when the buff condition applies (or care about the buff when you do).

The ring is really dependent on the legs to be worthwhile and it isn't very good even then.

The shared legendaries have relatively minor effects that are somewhat useful, but they're not going to give the large boost the legs will.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    The current Ask Mr Robot stat weights for holy priests is:

Intellect 17.76
    Critical Strike 10.71
    Mastery 10.19
    Versatility 10.11
    Haste 4.55
    Leech 4.14
    This is surprising. Crit over Mastery? I thought Mastery was over everything (even though the difference is tiny). I'm not too familiar with sims. Where I AMR may I see this?

@Kasoy:
    Load a holypriest into Ask Mr Robot.
    Then click the button "View/Edit Strategy".
    There you go
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]