Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RendexStormrageUS View Post
    Ill be honest, I havent done any dungeons or raids after the nerf no. But i've been hearing adds will knock off IP in one hit.. I mean after what ive heard, I didn't really want to.
    There was one thread where one guy said that exact thing (IP being knocked off in one hit) and he was shot down hard. Warrior is still one of the best tanks with probably only guardian druid being better right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    If you are looking for a class which is OP most of the times ( like mage), warrior ain't your thing. When ever warrior was OP, devs usually were on the case asap.
    But if you are worried about being viable, don't worry, warriors tend to be viable most of the time, at least if you are not looking for world firsts and stuff.
    and when was the last time that a prot warrior did NOT get the world first?!

Quote Originally Posted by RendexStormrageUS View Post
    Ill be honest, I havent done any dungeons or raids after the nerf no. But i've been hearing adds will knock off IP in one hit.. I mean after what ive heard, I didn't really want to.
    IP is meant to be used WITH shield block so that it actually lasts longer. Its a gap filler really.

Personally I have gone from a max shield of ~3.2 million to ~2.2 million but I can generate shields quicker than before generally. You just have to have a good use of shield block.

before it was very powerful and probably required adjusting a bit as your not meant to just rely upon IP alone, now its practically as good as before on its own IF you use it with shield block.

Still well worth it and it actually feels fluid to use.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    IP is meant to be used WITH shield block so that it actually lasts longer. Its a gap filler really.

Personally I have gone from a max shield of ~3.2 million to ~2.2 million but I can generate shields quicker than before generally. You just have to have a good use of shield block.

before it was very powerful and probably required adjusting a bit as your not meant to just rely upon IP alone, now its practically as good as before on its own IF you use it with shield block.

Since they added the rage back to shield slam, it feels a lot better. I still feel weak in magic heavy fights, but where it is mostly melee, I feel good.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Deleted
    Did people seriously not use shield block before the hotfix?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post

Nerf wasn't as bad as some people say, but we aren't "practically as good as before" by just using SB more either. You can definitely feel the nerf when you tank encounters like Cenarius or Xavius no matter what you do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkke View Post
    Nerf wasn't as bad as some people say, but we aren't "practically as good as before" by just using SB more either. You can definitely feel the nerf when you tank encounters like Cenarius or Xavius no matter what you do.
    I don't feel that way @ Cenarius, Xavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Dascha View Post
    and when was the last time that a prot warrior did NOT get the world first?!
    During mists actually, but that's beside the point.
    If he is looking into world firsts, a class can always loose viability, and they should be prepared to roll another one on short notice or be benched, that's a fact.

At those warriors complaining they can no longer facetank everything no matter their healer: That's how other tanks have been all the time, you were the outlier here.

No matter which class you're tanking as, there are situations you simply cannot facetank everything. At 10+, you're often best off kiting trash most of the time because a lot of affixes in combination with the high damage modifier make it basically impossible to facetank.

With worse gear and/or a worse healer, you'll have to do so way earlier.

Edit:
    Oh, and by the way, what does having your IP removed with one attack have to do with anything? If you take that much damage, you'll get plenty rage to use IP frequently and shield block will still mitigate a lot of damage anyway. A vengeance DH, for example, will be in the same boat where his soul cleave heals for way less than that one hit while being more susceptible to being bursted down.
    Last edited by GT4; 2016-10-08 at 08:35 AM.