Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lifebinderx View Post
    Than on healing done, it shows me like I healed the tanks most and following them myself. So I get into the position of a dumb who mostly healed himself during the fight. Also using a tank CD like guardian spirit on myself does not make me look good while pallies are saving thr raid with their CDs but I only cover my own ass
    Which healer doesn't heal themselves the most out of the all the non-tanks?

Nobody asked you to pop GS on yourself either.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Which healer doesn't heal themselves the most out of the all the non-tanks?

Nobody asked you to pop GS on yourself either.
    What would u do if u r dying and only tool u have to save urself is putting GS on urself. Pls dont turn this into how to play ur class. This is my repeat of request from you that please dont bother to reply my posts anymore. I cant get along with ppl who are opposite to definition of humble.

What would u do if u r dying and only tool u have to save urself is putting GS on urself. Pls dont turn this into how to play ur class. This is my repeat of request from you that please dont bother to reply my posts anymore. I cant get along with ppl who are opposite to definition of humble.
    I didn't say it wasn't a valid point that holy priests don't have a personal cooldown, but for everything else? Just plain baloney.

Again, it's ironic you would mention humility, because the way you insist you are right contrary to all evidence shows you are nothing like that.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Web of Pain is the only thing that really requires a personal.
    Yeah, that's pretty brutal even as shadow. Problem is even if you pop GS there you still kill your partner since only damage is shared, not healing. Best case is to get a sac to survive it, mythic groups should have a pally or two hopefully.

Granted, priests should definitely have something baseline as a damage reduction, disc has to pain sup themselves for that right?

Not get myself in that situation in the first place. What situation (other than Web of Pain) are you running into that you need GS, you could have avoided otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Yeah, that's pretty brutal even as shadow. Problem is even if you pop GS there you still kill your partner since only damage is shared, not healing. Best case is to get a sac to survive it, mythic groups should have a pally or two hopefully.

Granted, priests should definitely have something baseline as a damage reduction, disc has to pain sup themselves for that right?

Not get myself in that situation in the first place. What situation (other than Web of Pain) are you running into that you need GS, you could have avoided otherwise?
    The wind push back. I cant heal myself, cant cast a thing other than instants. The phase u soak with 2 groups. I have no DR so I get the most damage and die faster than anyone. Ofc I should not be in that position to put GS on myself but lets be fair. Who does an encounter perfect at first tries? U do mistakes and if they are one shotting u, u obviously do something wrong. If you have to watch urself dying slowly and hope some other healer gonna fix u up, that is called "being desperate"

That sounds like a bad raid strat then.

It's much more efficient to tank the boss near a wall for the push back as you can just stand against the wall and spam heals.
    As for soaking the debuff, tanks can solo soak it (and should be) and if you have a prot paladin they can just do the entire thing solo through bubble taunt. Holy pallies and ret pallies(if they still have taunt) can do the same thing, negating the entire mechanic.

True you don't do an encounter perfect everytime, people make mistakes, however saying that we need a personal to cover avoidable damage isn't a valid reason. If you're getting one shot by avoidable mechanics, then the issue is with you and not the class. If you're dying slowly and you literally have no other healing support then absolutely pop GS on yourself, it's not just a tank CD, hell I use it on non tanks all the time when the situation warrants it. I've yet to run into any situation in the Emerald Nightmare that I'm taking so much damage and can't stop and flash heal myself. If that's happening to you consistently then call for a cooldown, I'm sure your raid has a plethora of them.

The wind push back. I cant heal myself, cant cast a thing other than instants. The phase u soak with 2 groups. I have no DR so I get the most damage and die faster than anyone. Ofc I should not be in that position to put GS on myself but lets be fair. Who does an encounter perfect at first tries? U do mistakes and if they are one shotting u, u obviously do something wrong. If you have to watch urself dying slowly and hope some other healer gonna fix u up, that is called "being desperate"
    Why aren't you saving serenity on yourself? The attempts we did our holy priest didn't have a single problem dealing with this, because he just saved that for himself.

If you aren't using your toolkit to the fullest, then unfortunately for you, you don't have the right to complain that the spec is inadequate, but that your preparation was inadequate.

- - - Updated - - -

That sounds like a bad raid strat then.

It's much more efficient to tank the boss near a wall for the push back as you can just stand against the wall and spam heals.
    As for soaking the debuff, tanks can solo soak it (and should be) and if you have a prot paladin they can just do the entire thing solo through bubble taunt. Holy pallies and ret pallies(if they still have taunt) can do the same thing, negating the entire mechanic.
    Pretty sure violent winds make the boss teleport away before the channel, but it shouldn't matter since it's only one violent winds he has to soak and it's made piss easy with self cast serenity.

Pretty sure violent winds make the boss teleport away before the channel, but it shouldn't matter since it's only one violent winds he has to soak and it's made piss easy with self cast serenity.
    Nope teleports after he's done channeling Gathering Clouds (pushback one), that's when he spawns feathers. Are you thinking of Dark Storm? He casts that after he lands on the other platform.

Nope teleports after he's done channeling Gathering Clouds (pushback one), that's when he spawns feathers. Are you thinking of Dark Storm? He casts that after he lands on the other platform.
    Violent winds is the mythic mechanic that happens on the 2nd platform which stacks wind burn debuff on people who need to soak it. Pushes you back and also hits hard at the end of the channel so it's irritating.

Violent winds is the mythic mechanic that happens on the 2nd platform which stacks wind burn debuff on people who need to soak it. Pushes you back and also hits hard at the end of the channel so it's irritating.
    Got it (icy veins has it described wrong and I couldn't recall the name). They were talking about Gathering Clouds which is the raid wide pushback + massive damage (150k+ close, 700k+ far every second) Violent Winds can be solo soaked by a tank.

Got it (icy veins has it described wrong and I couldn't recall the name). They were talking about Gathering Clouds which is the raid wide pushback + massive damage (150k+ close, 700k+ far every second) Violent Winds can be solo soaked by a tank.
    Yeah, we do that too for the first cast, but some raid groups split the raid up into two soaking groups instead. Regardless, it shouldn't be a problem with either strat because of things like devo, barrier and spirit link, not even counting the throughput cds like HTT that should be used there.

Yeah, we do that too for the first cast, but some raid groups split the raid up into two soaking groups instead. Regardless, it shouldn't be a problem with either strat because of things like devo, barrier and spirit link, not even counting the throughput cds like HTT that should be used there.
    Agreed (way off topic at this point), but I actually hate Spirit Link that fight, it's killed me more than it's helped.

Agreed (way off topic at this point), but I actually hate Spirit Link that fight, it's killed me more than it's helped.
    We are? The OP said he wants to reroll from holy to disc/some other spec based on various reasons and the fact he somehow can't survive violent winds is one of them.

We are? The OP said he wants to reroll from holy to disc/some other spec based on various reasons and the fact he somehow can't survive violent winds is one of them.
    Fair point, I personally haven't had a problem surviving it, granted I got sat as shadow because we weren't hitting sub 35% and my DPS was too "low" >>
    To answer these directly:
    Wind push back: save serenity + sanctify, rely on your other healers OR just have a tank solo soak it, much easier on the raid as a whole.
    Bug Death: You're failing a heroic mechanic, it's not difficult to be 8 yards away from a giant bug. Quit tunneling.
    Rot: The only healer that can heal a lot on the move is druids and MW (if they talent SM movement). You're other healers should be healing you and anyone else with the Rot debuff, there isn't a lot of damage going out otherwise and you would become the priority in that instance.

I heard disc has tons of mana issues and also their dps is not that big but I assume it is still more fun to play. Please dont turn this into a "holy is good, u r wrong" topic cause I had enough experience in game to say when a class is badly balanced.
    I actually have never heard anyone complain about holy until now. I play both resto druid and holy/disc priest and while resto is VERY strong and probably more HPS, holy is powerful and versatile and I feel much more effective in dungeon content. I'm not raiding this tier but one of our fantastic healers just tried out his holy priest alt and was just tonight laughing about how powerful it feels.

Disc doesnt have mana issues, and it's dps is actually quite impressive; higher than tanks on some fights.

Really just sounds like you don't have a clue, which makes it all the more galling to see you say you have enough experience to say [that you know] when a class is badly balanced.

Both priest specs feel great to me in raids, but in mythic+ just feel really terrible compared to other healers. Poor mobility, no group "oh shit" cds, etc.

My main is a resto shaman so I have a pretty good class to compare to. I think priests can keep up in terms of raw power, but utility is where priests quickly fall behind. Feathers need to be changed. Apotheosis could use a shorter cd. Im not sure what else...I just feel so gimped when playing my priest.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    I'm not raiding this tier but one of our fantastic healers just tried out his holy priest alt and was just tonight laughing about how powerful it feels.

Disc doesnt have mana issues

If you're not raiding then how can you be sure? From what I have seen on these boards, and from playing it myself, you do have you watch your mana with disc on long encounters.

Holy does feel powerful, if you just pick it up like your guild friend did then you're going to look at shit like Serenity and be like wow these 1.8million instant heals are insane. But when you play it a bit more you see the problem is that it's only super strong on fights where you don't have to move a lot. When you have to move your healing is basic zero after holy words are used, and that's a problem. I was thinking about whether holy should get a 'moving while casting' cooldown like resto shaman has, but then I hate class homogenization.

I just think renew needs to be a bit less shit for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
    giving out legendaries (neck) that actually does absorb more than propper disc players. Even Warrior tanks mitigate more damage than us.. is so ridiculous.
    Blizz removed lots of absorbs because there's no good way to balance them. The reason why Disc/Paladin were topping meters in WoD is because of the way absorbs work. Instead of nerfing how absorbs work, they just removed them, or in Disc's case, put a cooldown on it and greatly reduced its relative absorb amount.

Disc should be removed from the game imho, totally removed deleted. It´s totally useless.. never seen such nerf to any class in the last 10 years.
    "wahh wahh I can't top meters with PWS spam anymore, class is useless!!!"

I hate to say this, but l2p. The class is not the problem, you are.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=anon5123;42722135]Blizz removed lots of absorbs because there's no good way to balance them. The reason why Disc/Paladin were topping meters in WoD is because of the way absorbs work. Instead of nerfing how absorbs work, they just removed them, or in Disc's case, put a cooldown on it and greatly reduced its relative absorb amount.

Blizz removed the absorbs from the game.. but hey they gave absorbs to any other class who actually has the legendary. Sounds funny to me...

Obviously not only on WoD but also in Pandaria.. also in Cata.. also in WoLK.. also in BC !!!

More than "10 years" of history and they have removed the absorbs from DISC

10 years of a playstyle to realize it was OP and needs to be changed, you must be kidding me.

Never said PW:S spam is good.. (never ever said that) they need to nerf any spam anyway, but why change the absorb mechanism ?
    Very Happy they have actually nerfed PW:S and pushed further the skill cap for the class.. but not to the point of making the class unviable.

We actually need to know how to DPS, Heal, and absorb... wut !
    We need to actually have diffrent stat priorities / talents on anything we do.. wut !
    We are right now 1:33 against any other healer classes on any logs and parses. There 33 times more chamis, druids, palas.. anything name it then disc priest.

If you actually dont want the class.. f#@! sake remove it !

Obviously not only on WoD but also in Pandaria.. also in Cata.. also in WoLK.. also in BC !!!

More than "10 years" of history and they have removed the absorbs from DISC
    ...Except they didn't? We still have PWS. It's just not horrifically overpowered anymore.

10 years of a playstyle to realize it was OP and needs to be changed, you must be kidding me.
    PWS spam was not "OP" until WoD.

Never said PW:S spam is good.. (never ever said that) they need to nerf any spam anyway, but why change the absorb mechanism ?
    They didn't change the absorb mechanism. It's literally the same, except PWS has a cooldown now.

Very Happy they have actually nerfed PW:S and pushed further the skill cap for the class.. but not to the point of making the class unviable.
    ....Disc is not unviable. There were Discs in world first Mythic raid progression. What the fuck are you talking about?

Just because you can't adapt to the new playstyle and can't learn how to play properly, does not mean the class is "unviable".

Go l2p instead of sitting here crying and moaning and doomsaying on the forums.