Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Now consider the hundreds of guilds pushing 12-16 hours, where every person in the raid is expected to spend about half of their raid time gathering mats to raid. And if you're a top guild, pushing 20-30 easily even before mythic, and then 40+ on mythics, with multiple alt clears of heroic (all using consumes), you have a massive frontloaded cost that equals months of raiding for average players.
    See this is where you don't know what you're talking about. Multiple top guilds that go for world first streamed their heroic clears and none of them used consumables because they know using them in heroic is a waste of resources.

Yes, they are expensive, but if you are on this forum complaining about prices it's a safe bet to say that you aren't in a guild where you need to use them and if you're guild is making you use them then they need a reality check about their ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatIsLegion View Post
    See this is where you don't know what you're talking about. Multiple top guilds that go for world first streamed their heroic clears and none of them used consumables because they know using them in heroic is a waste of resources.

Yes, they are expensive, but if you are on this forum complaining about prices it's a safe bet to say that you aren't in a guild where you need to use them and if you're guild is making you use them then they need a reality check about their ranking.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=16&type=auras
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=18&type=auras
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...=34&type=auras

Low effort troll, go be retarded somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    All other bosses can easily take 20+ pulls, mostly just testing strats.
    Do significant numbers of players genuinely test strats ? You might work out some details but the general strat for the encounter is usually already set the first time you actually pull.

That's not how this works, and the amount of time it takes is the problem because the recipes for flasks require 27 herbs and pots require 10. WoD flasks required 8 plants and potions required 3, and flasks required 2 types of herbs while pots required 1, where in Legion it's 3 for both. You also get 1 Starlight per flower.

Dreamleaf isn't the problem. Let's look at some guild called "Most Casual NA". They raid 2 days a week, 3 hours a day. They need 6 flasks per week and let's say 30 pulls a night with only 3 pulls requiring a second pot. That's 66 potions per week. With rank 3, they're looking at needing 216 of each flower and 116 Starlight rose. That's per person. Dreamleaf is easy to farm, and getting 216 Fjarn can take 1 hour to 90 minutes. So let's call that 2 hours for the two flowers. Now 116 Starlight rose if you're really fast takes a little less than an hour. So that's 3 hours of farming mats for their 6 hour raid schedule. If you're not doing anything else and have 3 hours outside of doing world quests, daily dungeons, mythic+, alts, etc, then you can easily sustain it.

Now consider the hundreds of guilds pushing 12-16 hours, where every person in the raid is expected to spend about half of their raid time gathering mats to raid. And if you're a top guild, pushing 20-30 easily even before mythic, and then 40+ on mythics, with multiple alt clears of heroic (all using consumes), you have a massive frontloaded cost that equals months of raiding for average players.

If all you're doing is normal/heroic, you don't need those consumes. I could go in taking of 4 pieces of my gear without consumes and clear heroic. Those aren't the people who complain about this. There's a reason the top guilds were buying these things in bulk and asking for donations, and there's a reason there are tons of bots out there right now. We're trying to spend every second we can outside of raid running mythic+, which makes it completely infeasible to gather herbs. And given the prices, you're talking about ~66k + 12k = 78k gold per raid week for the casual 6 hour raider, for a more reasonable schedule in the first few weeks, that's 150-200k. Most people aren't sitting on millions of gold, so if you don't have the time, you run out of gold, and that's after we spent gold to get early enchants, crafted gear, etc.

Gold sales, bots, etc are all a thing right now because Blizzard fucked this up. One or two people can't cover any guild but extremely casual ones or guilds not raiding mythic.

We're about to start selling heroic/mythic EN clears for absurd prices because carrying we're going to have to blow consumes, so it has to cover consumes plus give enough gold to cover the expense of getting this far, plus prepare us for the next raid. Get ready to pay through the nose for carries.
    Ill be honest we didn't even require Prepot for our raiders untill we knew we were close to a kill. On Ilg most raiders prepotted Draenic Pots since the p1 dps check is really low Even once we were close to a kill. Week 2 we actually had a 4 second downtime between all the first bloods dying and the new adds spawning (Hellfire Assualt Jr boys)

. Xavius is 100% pre pot needed to push But we didn't start potting till after like 5 pulls of learning it..

Cenarius we didn't start Prepotting till we saw a Pull that we failed to push (so atleast 60+ pulls of learning before we started potting). Which honestly most of that fight is the learning part. It doesn't matter if Cenarius is at 47 or 45% if your wiping before the double Sisters. We used Pots on the Double Sisters everytime we saw it but Prepots were not required till we had a pull where we wiped to getting 5th set and would have pushed it with prepots.

Spider boss Again don't prepot till after you have a clean transition to 2nd phase.... Ursoc Is basically just a dps check so you can prepot from like pull 3 (We actually killed it 3rd pull) And Dragons Honestly Prepot doesn't matter till your close to a kill. The first 2 dragons are the easiest of the whole fight so I wouldn't be shocked if some of our raiders didn't even prepot our kill.

Basically what i'm saying is even at Top 10 US level. We Maybe went through 30 Pots a night each. Outside maybe the final 2 days on the final 2 bosses.
    Last edited by ChickenChaser; 2016-10-08 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Or, maybe, levelup your herbalism/alchemy druid, farm for 30 minutes/day which will drown you in flasks and pots? Just like it always was until wod threw everyone free stuff? I was always playing like that, first leveling my raiding main, second leveling my herbalist alchemist, and never had any troubles with consumables...
    Ahahahahhahaha 30 minutes a day will flood you in flasks/pots in Legion? LOL. Do you even herb, no or you'd know that maybe in 30 minutes you'd have enough herbs of one type for a 2 or 3 flasks. That's just one herb. Ijit.

Deleted
    i spend about 60k/raid. i have a herbalist alt but gathering herbs takes alot of time basicaly the time i need to farm all the herbs i need i can use selling stuff on ah and making alot more. my advice is find smth profitable u can make and start selling it u ll make enough money for raids

Picked up herbalism, took me averagely 2 hours to get 10 flasks made, which is 3 raids for me.

In about 1 hour i had Starlight Rose/Aethril/Dreamleaf all rank 2, its the 3 herbs required for Stamina flask.

I can make another 20 flasks simply by picking up the herbs i find during world quests the last 5 days and i am almost exalted everywhere so the only WQ's i do is the Artifact power ones, so i barely do any.

There is no excuse to not picking up Herbalism right now since apart from Enchanting, every other profession is -useless-, unless its a newly dinged character.
    Last edited by potis; 2016-10-08 at 07:28 AM.

I'm more likely to quit over the stupid random Diablo loot than flask and potion prices.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenChaser View Post
    Basically what i'm saying is even at Top 10 US level. We Maybe went through 30 Pots a night each. Outside maybe the final 2 days on the final 2 bosses.
    Definitely helps killing things a few pulls after you see the mechanics and that most of the bosses weren't tuned well. Do you think you used more in mythic+s or in EN?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    I'm more likely to quit over the stupid random Diablo loot than flask and potion prices.
    Yeah sadly getting loot is no longer exciting. The system from Diablo doesn't sit well with me. It made me quit Diablo and it'll probably make me quit WoW too. You can no longer reach any of your gear goals so why even try?

Quote Originally Posted by Althrinn View Post
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but the grand cost here is about 2-3h of your time, per raid.
    what the hell are you farming?

Definitely helps killing things a few pulls after you see the mechanics and that most of the bosses weren't tuned well. Do you think you used more in mythic+s or in EN?
    True Definitely helped but as I said there is a very small window in most of these fights where prepotting "matters" There is only 2 bosses that has a actual Needs to be pushed by X timer. So using pots while learning fights isn't really needed that much....

as for using pots Me personally probably more in mythic+ But I did ALOT of archimonde carries so for me I always have pots on me blowing them when close to a timer in mythic+ or something.

as for Our wipe count it was something like

Nyth 7 pulls
    Spider 24 pulls
    Ursoc 3 Pulls
    Dragons 25 pulls
    Eye Boss 18 pulls
    Cenarius 118 pulls
    Xavius 18 pull

15+ Year Old Account
    Last few days when I was farming herbs I've noticed it's much faster and less ppl around. Seems like for those days there were less bots around :P In that case farming on your seems much more managable.

10+ Year Old Account
    To all the people who are white knighting, can you elaborate on how increasing the material costs for these items by such a lot is in anyway beneficial to anyone?

The problem in WoD was that the materials were given to you, not the cost of the crafting.

All it does is promote greed. I want to raid and honestly don't mind farming for materials but I don't really enjoy having to do it almost every time I login to the game because it takes absolutely ages, on populated runs/times - not everyone raids "top 10" level, most of us need as much help as we can get, talking about meeting timers has no baring for the average player.

With that in mind your average player also doesn't have access to capital to just throw away every raid day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Mmo champ in a nutshell folks, you heard it here, 98% of guilds are "crap".
    Its always nice being right. Everyone thaat isnt crap is 7/7 mythic and the prices of flasks/pots are 1/3 of what they used to be. Learn your place. /necrothread
    Shadow Priest Wýcked <Incarnate> Nerzhul
    Death Knight Yzf <RX> Lethon
    Boomkin Yzf <Incarnate> Nerzhul

Quote Originally Posted by Chemii View Post
    To all the people who are white knighting, can you elaborate on how increasing the material costs for these items by such a lot is in anyway beneficial to anyone?
    The insane demand of Starlight Rose has allowed me to buy 10 game time tokens since launch. This is nothing for millionaires but it is huge for me, previously I used to be able to buy 1 game time token a month.

Quote Originally Posted by mob1lejunkie View Post
    The insane demand of Starlight Rose has allowed me to buy 10 game time tokens since launch. This is nothing for millionaires but it is huge for me, previously I used to be able to buy 1 game time token a month.
    ... and I guess you have spent much of that game farming Starlight Roses... :/

the markets already back to where it was before blood vendor on my server. herbs are about 15-25g cheaper (namely starlight) but thats about it nothing drastic

Yeah, mats are still overpriced.

Even with the blood vendor, its ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    ... and I guess you have spent much of that game farming Starlight Roses... :/
    Hmm I was only farming 2-3 hours on weekend and sometimes half an hour before going work. I have also been casual raiding last reset got Ahead of Curve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kairoo View Post
    the markets already back to where it was before blood vendor on my server. herbs are about 15-25g cheaper (namely starlight) but thats about it nothing drastic
    On my realm Starlight Rose are going for 65g previously I sold them for 175g. Blood vendor is making difference on my realm at least.